Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

Pokemon master
Municipal vs Petapa, Municipal -2 and to score first @ 2.34

As Spiersey tipped last week, Petapa are having to play their U20's team (assuming this is still the case), haven't managed a shot on target and lost their last three games 4-0, 3-0, and 6-0, the latter against pretty much one of the worst sides. Municipal are 5th and Petapa are a distant last.

If you just go -2, bet is capped at £115 (at least with Paddy). However, while adding Municipal to score first doesn't really give any added value, it's so likely to happen and allows you to put on double that stake.

Any real reason not to stay on this @Spiersey ?

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

As Spiersey tipped last week, Petapa are having to play their U20's team (assuming this is still the case), haven't managed a shot on target and lost their last three games 4-0, 3-0, and 6-0, the latter against pretty much one of the worst sides. Municipal are 5th and Petapa are a distant last.

If you just go -2, bet is capped at £115 (at least with Paddy). However, while adding Municipal to score first doesn't really give any added value, it's so likely to happen and allows you to put on double that stake.

Nah should be good, isn't as good as Guasta -1.5 was though, so got a smaller stake on. CSD and Petapa are from the same City so not much travel compared to a couple hours midweek for the Guastatoya game. Guastatoya are better than their league position suggested as well. Think it'll be 4-0 or something today again. They opened on a -1.5 (at 1.8) on foreign bookies, annoying it didn't last long.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
A good days racing the day with the flat being back at Doncaster, no bad meeting at kempton on the AW and of course World Cup night over at Meydan

Done a double today -

Sucellus (4/6) kempton
Muntahzah 8/11) Meydan

Both should win

Don’t believe that, pish

Last edited:

Pagh Wraith

Lots of value bets in the lower leagues this weekend.

Chelmsford v Oxfrod, Chelmsford -0.25 @ 1.99
Dartford v Truro, Truro 1.25 @ 1.81
East Thurrock v Chippenham, East Thurrock 0 @ 1.95
Gloucester v Welling, Welling -0.25 @ 2.17
Slough v St. Albans, Slough 0 @ 1.89
Solihull v Dover, Solihull -0.75 @ 1.91
Boston v Curzon Ashton, Boston -0.5 @ 1.91
Guiseley v York, York 0.25 @ 1.81
Spennymoor v Hereford, Hereford 0.76 @ 1.93
Chesterfield v Dag & Red, Chesterfield -0.5 @ 1.9
Barrow v Boreham Wood, Barrow -0.5 @ 2.04
Aldershot v Fylde, Aldershot 0.5 @ 1.94
Very good today. 11 out of 12 bets beat the closing line for an average EV of 10%. 9 out of 12 won, plus 1 push.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Very good today. 11 out of 12 bets beat the closing line for an average EV of 10%. 9 out of 12 won, plus 1 push.
Sorry mate, bit of a silly question. I know about simple handicap betting when it's +1, -1 etc.

When it's -.25, what exactly does that mean? I noticed on skybet you can't get those odds really, so guessing it's on other sites.

I tried to follow through with the tips you posted but thought -0.25 meant -1, but I don't think it did so just for future reference.

Was some good tips though! Close games.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sorry mate, bit of a silly question. I know about simple handicap betting when it's +1, -1 etc.

When it's -.25, what exactly does that mean? I noticed on skybet you can't get those odds really, so guessing it's on other sites.

I tried to follow through with the tips you posted but thought -0.25 meant -1, but I don't think it did so just for future reference.

Was some good tips though! Close games.
-1.25 is both -1 and -1.5 combined. Let’s say the score is 1-0. You would get half your stake refunded because it’s a void bet and the other half you lose. To win the bet on a -1.25 you need a clear 2 goal margin basically.

On the other hand -1.75 if it was 1-0 you would lose both bets (-1.5 and -2.0) if it’s 2-0 on that scenario you get half your stake on the win on the -1.5 but half your stake back on the -2. You need a 3 goal winning margin for the -1.75.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Only a Brigthon goal away from all bets going in yesterday, with Utd result a push, so good day yesterday.

Sogndal ML @ 1,75 vs Sandnes 1800 CET: Sandnes will be struggling in bottom half, changed a lot of players and no-one good coming in. Sogndal good team and normally strong at home. Only worry is first match of season.
Liverpool-Spurs BTTS @ 1.70 - Liverpool looking a lot more suspect defensively after christmas, Spurs poor form and shaky of late. Oh and still going with Monaco -1.5.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

CSD played 4 u20s last night, might be a cause for concern going forward as I assume other teams may do similar. CSD youth really strong though so wasn't really an issue but might be if some of the poorer sides decide to do similar.

Havak

Pokemon master
CSD played 4 u20s last night, might be a cause for concern going forward as I assume other teams may do similar. CSD youth really strong though so wasn't really an issue but might be if some of the poorer sides decide to do similar.
Cheers for that mate.

Pagh Wraith

Monday:

Almere v Helmond, Helmond 1.25 @ 1.98
Ajax II v Cambuur, Cambuur 1 @ 2.07
Roda v Utrecht II, Utrecht II 1.25 @ 2.08
Feirense v Setubal, Feirense 0 @ 1.96
Osnabrück v Lotte, Osnabrück @ 1.89

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
how do you choose your games? just pot luck?
Well ultimately it’s all luck really, but I try to apply method. So many factors go into it. Whether the teams like to attack, how balanced the two teams are (like City are never conceding 2 corners in each half, you will be lucky to get near their box, especially at home), who is at home (if an attacking, but good/mid-table team is at home vs a better side, you can trust the quality of the better side to push on, but also know the home side has the quality to have a go. Like, I might do Everton vs City at Goodison but never at Etihad). You also pick up trends across different leagues too. I like the National League and lower Scottish teams. I’ve won so much money on different bets with those guys, although I’ve never seen them play or know what their kits look like! They are all shite teams though, and poor standard of football is good for goals and corners. Like, you will never see a 0-0 Sunday League game.

Big Andy

Bloke
Well ultimately it’s all luck really, but I try to apply method. So many factors go into it. Whether the teams like to attack, how balanced the two teams are (like City are never conceding 2 corners in each half, you will be lucky to get near their box, especially at home), who is at home (if an attacking, but good/mid-table team is at home vs a better side, you can trust the quality of the better side to push on, but also know the home side has the quality to have a go. Like, I might do Everton vs City at Goodison but never at Etihad). You also pick up trends across different leagues too. I like the National League and lower Scottish teams. I’ve won so much money on different bets with those guys, although I’ve never seen them play or know what their kits look like! They are all shite teams though, and poor standard of football is good for goals and corners. Like, you will never see a 0-0 Sunday League game.
Nice one...Keep sharing mate (although that seems to be the kiss of death on here :lol:)

Big Andy

Bloke
I've had a couple of quid on a 2+ corners each half bet...test the waters...

Den Bosch vs Jong PSV
St Etienne vs Nimes
Erzgebirge Aue vs Dynamo Dresden
Zaragoza vs Gimnastic

In for a penny, in for for £1,485 off £3...

** Disclaimer - I'm well aware that now I've posted this, it's never going to happen.

Big Andy

Bloke

Den Bosch vs Jong PSV
St Etienne vs Nimes
Zaragoza vs Gimnastic

** Disclaimer - I'm well aware that now I've posted this, it's never going to happen.
That went well :lol:

SirAF

Ageist

Den Bosch vs Jong PSV
St Etienne vs Nimes
Zaragoza vs Gimnastic

That went well :lol:
:lol:

I’m intrigued though! These are definitely worth a punt now and again.

Wilkohler

Supports
Union Berlin
I dont get the odds, can you explain it ?
Becouse Nimes only got 1 corner in first half yesterday?

And what betting firm have these kind of odds?, couldnt find it on bet365
It's on Skybet

Danny Roberts

Tiger Roll for the National? Hard not to really fancy it but 4/1 in such a lottery is so short. The win at Cheltenham was unbelievable though, made it look so easy.

Big Andy

Bloke
I dont get the odds, can you explain it ?
Becouse Nimes only got 1 corner in first half yesterday?

And what betting firm have these kind of odds?, couldnt find it on bet365
Yeah it lost spectacularly:lol: it needs both teams to have 2 or more corners in each half, which is harder than it sounds

I got it on SkyBet.

Pagh Wraith

Roma v Fiorentina, Roma -0.5 @ 2.05
Venezia v Cittadella, Cittadella 0 @ 1.9
Pescara v Palermo, Palermo 0 @ 2.06
Emmen v Ajax, Emmen 2.5 @ 1.99
Heracles v Willem II, Willem II 0.25 @ 1.97
Villareal v Barcelona, Barcelona -1 @ 2.23
Wolves v Man Utd, Wolves 0.25 @ 2.31
Garching v Heimstetten, Garching -0.5 @ 2.09

Last edited:

Marty1968

Tiger Roll for the National? Hard not to really fancy it but 4/1 in such a lottery is so short. The win at Cheltenham was unbelievable though, made it look so easy.
Short of another horse bringing him down (which is a possibility in a field of 40) I can't see another winner. Just looked in total control at Cheltenham.

Pagh Wraith

So that Wolves price shortened to 1.84 in the last 45 minutes which is in line with previous closing prices and very close to where I have it. I guess it's a reaction to them playing their strongest team. Don't know why people were expecting otherwise really. They pretty much said they would. Not often you get a 25% value bet in the Premier League.

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
So that Wolves price shortened to 1.84 in the last 45 minutes which is in line with previous closing prices and very close to where I have it. I guess it's a reaction to them playing their strongest team. Don't know why people were expecting otherwise really. They pretty much said they would. Not often you get a 25% value bet in the Premier League.
A lot of Syndicates don’t gamble without confirmed teams (they often get it early from sources at the clubs though).

Pagh Wraith

A lot of Syndicates don’t gamble without confirmed teams (they often get it early from sources at the clubs though).
Still strange as anyone who's been watching Wolves this season should know how they would approach this and them resting players wasn't going to happen. Also the league route (i.e. 7th place) into Europe is much promising for them than winning the FA cup with City still in it. So it's not like they have nothing but pride to play for tonight.

Anyway, Barcelona resting Messi has wiped all that away. Swings and roundabouts.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Had over 2 goals, over 2 cards and over 7 corners in both Watford and Wolves matches @10.00 with Billy Hill. Not sure it's eased the pain much though from that shocking result.

Danny Roberts

Short of another horse bringing him down (which is a possibility in a field of 40) I can't see another winner. Just looked in total control at Cheltenham.
Don't think I'm gonna chance it at the odds but there is a 25/1 offer at redbet for Tiger Roll which I'm gonna get as not joined them yet. Then will have a few each way pops elsewhere. I backed Anibale Fly in the Gold Cup so might back again and also like Vintage Clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.