Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxter

Looking purely at league position and form, Rodez to win against Pau at evens looks a good price.

Pagh Wraith

Bochum v Heidenheim, Bochum -0.25, 1.5 units @ 2.01
Norwich v Swansea, Swansea 0.75, 1.25 units @ 2.17
Coventry v Burton, Coventry -0.25, 1.75 units @ 2.07

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
7,5 km Biathlon 1615 CET
Gone with Røiseland vs Vittozi. She had a great shoot in now, and beat Vittozi with 15 secs on the last 2km yesterday, so should be able to beat Vittozi even with 1 more round. Røiseland has a really high ceiling, and top form, rarely finishes lower than 5th.....Marathonbet.

Small punt on Hermann @ 9,5 along with my previous on Eckhoff, she had the best track time yesterday in the Relay. Btw, France had an off day yesterday, so my tip there was off.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
7,5 km Biathlon 1615 CET
Gone with Røiseland vs Vittozi. She had a great shoot in now, and beat Vittozi with 15 secs on the last 2km yesterday, so should be able to beat Vittozi even with 1 more round. Røiseland has a really high ceiling, and top form, rarely finishes lower than 5th.....Marathonbet.

Small punt on Hermann @ 9,5 along with my previous on Eckhoff, she had the best track time yesterday in the Relay. Btw, France had an off day yesterday, so my tip there was off.
FML. 4 misses out of ten, has to be some kind of record for Røiseland, and finished 10 seconds behind Vittozi. 2 misses on last shooting for Hermann, would've probably won with only 1.

Gone with Peiffer VS Desthieux tomorrow @ 1,92. Peiffer is a master at hitting form for the championships, and looks to have done so again judging by relay yesterday. Very solid shoother, and Desthieux on a downward spiral. French looks to have trouble with their skis not being optimal either.

Also looking to bet the field against JTB @ 2,03, but wind conditions should be better tomorrow, so undecided. JTB is the fastest, but really struggling on standing shooting lately, and missed 2/5 in the relay to confirm just that....

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
On Velez Sars Win from 1-0 down in Argie cup.

Kicked off on a -4 asian handicap, away are 5th tier. Argentina is the only country where a result like this is possible but Velez lineup isn't bad, bench is strong. They'll make subs at HT, should wake up now they've conceded.
How did they lose to a club that apparently didn't even exist until two years ago :lol: Pilar conceded in their previous away game to a side bottom of the fourth division who only average 0.67 goals a game at home, but managed to shut out Velez. Kudos to anyone who predicted that.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
How did they lose to a club that apparently didn't even exist until two years ago :lol: Pilar conceded in their previous away game to a side bottom of the fourth division who only average 0.67 goals a game at home, but managed to shut out Velez. Kudos to anyone who predicted that.
:lol: Away were 50/1 to win, incredible stuff. It's genuinely only possible in Argentina. The gulf is absolutely huge but think the top sides have really lazy mentalities in the cup as they should be winning that game 7/8-0 pretty easily.

Pagh Wraith

Chievo v Milan, Chievo 0.75, 1.75 units @ 2.25
Lecce v Foggia, Lecce -0.75, 1.5 units @ 2.16
Cosenza v Brescia, Cosenza 0, 1.75 units @ 2.06
Spezia v Padova, Spezia -0.75, 1.75 units @ 2
Cardiff v West Ham, Cardiff 0, 1.75 units @ 2.49
QPR v Stoke, QPR 0, 1.5 units @ 1.95
Regensburg v Duisburg, Regensburg -0.75, 1.5 units @ 2.05
Magdeburg v Sandhausen, Magdeburg -0.5, 1.75 units @ 2.27
Wycombe v Sunderland, Wycombe 0.25, 1.5 units @ 2.23
Gillingham v Oxford, Oxford -0.25, 1.25 units @ 2.14
Bradford v Peterborough, Bradford -0.25, 1.75 units @ 2.23
Middlesbrough v Brentford, Brentford 0, 1.5 units @ 2.35

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Delfin -0.25 tomorrow. Emelec played in Copa last night, was originally meant to be Thursday but got postponed. Their chartered flight had to be rescheduled and couldn't arrive til much later, 2.45am this morning local time. They'll either play a very fatigued side or will make rotations. They are massively out of form as well, been really poor this season and Delfin been impressive, should win.

Pagh Wraith

3 selections around evens in the National North that are very likely to shorten:

Curzon Ashton v Blyth, Blyth 0.25
Chorley v Kidderminster, Chorley -0.25
Chester v Leamington, Chester -0.5
Chorley closed at 1.57, Chester at 1.75 and Blyth traded at 1.70 before the match was postponed this morning. Following the lower leagues can really be worthwhile.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Chorley closed at 1.57, Chester at 1.75 and Blyth traded at 1.70 before the match was postponed this morning. Following the lower leagues can really be worthwhile.
Very random but you got xPg for dalian game yesterday v R&F? Think it’ll be one of the highest ever.

Pagh Wraith

Very random but you got xPg for dalian game yesterday v R&F? Think it’ll be one of the highest ever.
538 has it at 3.2 v 2.4. Got another source which hasn't updated yet. Will let you know.

Arsenal v Man Utd last season was something like 4.5 - 2.5 I think.

Last edited:

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
It's been a while since I have posted on the site let alone in here. How is it going lads? Not sure if any of the guys who were in here when I last was (Got to be two years at least) are still here. Anyway, to business. Looking to do an acca today

Chelsea (Home v Wolves) 1.52
Real Madrid (Away v Valladolid) 1.57
Napoli (Away vs Sassuolo) 1.60
Rennes (Home vs Caen) 1.57
Besiktas (Home vs Konyaspor) 1.53

£20 brings £184

Opinions?

Pagh Wraith

Magdeburg v Sandhausen, Magdeburg -0.5 @ 2.24
Birmingham v Aston Villa, Birmingham 0 @ 1.97
Bologna v Cagliari, Bologna -0.5 @ 2.04
Frosinone v Torino, Frosinone 0.5 @ 1.97
Fiorentina v Lazio, Fiorentina 0 @ 2.03
Celta Vigo v Real Betis, Celta -0.25 @ 2.21
Zwolle v Alkmaar, Zwolle 0.5 @ 2.17
Emmen v Alkmaar, Emmen 0.25 @ 1.97
Arsenal v Man Utd, Arsenal -0.25 @ 2.14

haram

On Delfin -0.25 tomorrow. Emelec played in Copa last night, was originally meant to be Thursday but got postponed. Their chartered flight had to be rescheduled and couldn't arrive til much later, 2.45am this morning local time. They'll either play a very fatigued side or will make rotations. They are massively out of form as well, been really poor this season and Delfin been impressive, should win.
Delfin dropped to 1.5.

Jumped on the draw in the Chelsea game. Thanks Hazard :D.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Delfin dropped to 1.5.

Jumped on the draw in the Chelsea game. Thanks Hazard :D.
Odds will adjust a bit more once lineups come out. LDU had the same rest period (but was planned, unlike Emelecs with the postponement) and they made 9 changes. Guessing Emelec will do something similar, their squad players are a good standard though so won't be kids unfortunately. LDU lost 3-0 to Macara, hopefully be similar.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Is that sky bet Cheltenham offer as good as it sounds? Money back as cash on the first race each day so basically a risk free £20 bet.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Is that sky bet Cheltenham offer as good as it sounds? Money back as cash on the first race each day so basically a risk free £20 bet.
Yeah it will be, they'll be banking on people losing it on later races. Betway and Paddy have similar offers I think. I'm going to it on the the Thursday, need someone to post horse tips for it.

madRedDevil07

Please explain "win", I'm 1 for 13 now, worst streak ever. Although I've hedged a couple successfully, many small losses and win was decent bet, I am still down 1200€ this month:wenger:
Sorry to hear that you are on such a run. I don't bet with higher stakes(usually 10 pounds) and on a decent run. As long as I am not losing money on a monthly basis and winning a small amount , I consider that a Win for the month.

Pagh Wraith

Spennymoor -0.25 vs Bradford at 1.87 on Tuesday. Gap in quality is bigger and this will be Bradford's fourth game in ten days whereas the hosts have had seven days rest. Should be 1.50

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Sorry to hear that you are on such a run. I don't bet with higher stakes(usually 10 pounds) and on a decent run. As long as I am not losing money on a monthly basis and winning a small amount , I consider that a Win for the month.
Good philosophy! Not to concerned it will turn, even though im no professional I still have a tidy profit so no worries ;-) always glad to see a fellow gambler win a bet mate, keep it up!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Repeated my posted sprint Biathlon bets today, almost Every single one came through in the pursuit(2.leg). Really pleased with my self for not chickening out after a horror streak.

M15 Red.

Yeah it will be, they'll be banking on people losing it on later races. Betway and Paddy have similar offers I think. I'm going to it on the the Thursday, need someone to post horse tips for it.
Most of the ante post juice has dried up now but former Utd shareholder JP McManus has one running in the RyanAir Chase on Thursday named Coney Island @33/1. The horse has had some injury problems since his excellent novice chase season but he's been brought back slowly and already holds a win over Road To Respect (3rd fav @5/1) over this distance (2m4f) as a juvenile. I doubt Coney wins but I know both McManus and trainer Harty think the world of this horse and if it's anywhere near the form shown before the injury he should be in the mix for a place.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bayern favourites to win the game but Liverpool favourites to progress. I know it's down to the away goal factor but can't remember seeing this before.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Bayern favourites to win the game but Liverpool favourites to progress. I know it's down to the away goal factor but can't remember seeing this before.
Surely if Bayern are favourites to win, they have to be favourites to go through? Unless a draw is better odds than Bayern winning?

Bubz27

Rumours Schalke are going to field a 'B' team against City.

Pagh Wraith

Surely if Bayern are favourites to win, they have to be favourites to go through? Unless a draw is better odds than Bayern winning?
There was a huge thread about this after the first leg. It's basically exactly 50/50 (maybe Liverpool the slightest of favourites to go through). Bayern are of course favourites to win the match because they are at home but favourites only means that the home win is the most likely of all three outcomes (roughly 47%). Add a percentage of the 0-0 draws and you get ~50.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Think it's because it's basically Bayern win vs Liverpool double chance. Unlikely to end 0-0.

Bubz27

There was a huge thread about this after the first leg. It's basically exactly 50/50 (maybe Liverpool the slightest of favourites to go through). Bayern are of course favourites to win the match because they are at home but favourites only means that the home win is the most likely of all three outcomes (roughly 47%). Add a percentage of the 0-0 draws and you get ~50.
Think it's because it's basically Bayern win vs Liverpool double chance. Unlikely to end 0-0.
Okay that kind of makes more sense. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.