Football & Sports Betting Thread 2020/2021

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Nice odd for Feirense to win today. Bare in mind that LigaPro is very competitive, but Feirense has the strongest squad of this competition.

SambaBoy

Disappointing result here, was on Dinamo -1.5.
Yeah bad shout by me on the -2. Sorry guys!

Seems the Welsh/Irish teams are getting more competitive in Europe over the last few years, some decent results for them rather than being the whipping boys.

muller

Yeah bad shout by me on the -2. Sorry guys!

Seems the Welsh/Irish teams are getting more competitive in Europe over the last few years, some decent results for them rather than being the whipping boys.
I think it wasa good shout - I watched on YouTube. Other team hit the post and crossbar about 7 times, including 3 times in opening 10 minutes!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I was going to have a sizeable bet on Bayern -3.5 but forgot it kicked off at 7:30 not 7:45 :(

madRedDevil07

Should have gone all out on Everton win when they were 1-0 down, feeling let down as I put only a small stake.
Still running an accumulator of Everton, Norwich and Arsenal at 3.6

Berbaclass

Brighton DC next week @ 2.25

We look absolutely awful and I think they will give us a really tough game.

mu4c_20le

Yeah I'm riding a Spurs/Pool acca. Regret not doing a handicap on spurs but, well, its spurs.

sidsutton

Anybody going to have a go on the golf? Johnson and Rahm look tough to beat but thinking of trying some E/W on Dechambeau, Finau and Fleetwood to have a bit of interest as a viewer.
First time I’ve backed the winner I think.

Berbaclass

Also really like BTTS & Over 2.5 @ 2.45 in our game. Luton have started the season pretty well and I think with us most probably fielding a weakened team they will feel they might be able to get something from the game.

Berbaclass

Salvia Prague @ 1.75
Brentford DNB @ 2.25
Also really like BTTS & Over 2.5 @ 2.45 in our game. Luton have started the season pretty well and I think with us most probably fielding a weakened team they will feel they might be able to get something from the game.
Not a great time for me today! Although I have just had a substantial bet on Flamengo against Barcelona Guayaquil @ 2.61. I had read about 7 of their players testing positive for COVID but still thought they had more than enough quality without the missing players. Won 2-1 but should have been more goals, probably for either side.

Berbaclass

Little double on Chelsea -1.5 (1.41) and Olympiakos (1.40) @ 1.99

Expect Chelsea to play a pretty strong lineup with the squad they have. CHO, Giroud/Tammy, Barkley with Chilwell and Thiago Silva set for their first start also.

Olympiakos are at home to Omonia and we’re back to 2 legs in the UCL Playoffs so I’d expect them to take the home leg.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
You think Wilstermann are value against Penarol @Spiersey

You think that Penarol will struggle in the Altitude?
Yeah small value in win. Should be 1.8 or so. Annoyingly Serginho is suspended after his red card last game, he’s a big miss. Penarol are apparently considering playing like 4/5 kids as their team is really old. They think they’ll cope better with the altitude. Penarol really struggle at altitude, were awful away in Quito last year.
Wilstermann will improve from last week too since it was their first game for 6 months.
Wilstermann need the win too, the players have said they know only a win will do so it’ll probably be a very open ending if it’s a draw late on. Would fancy them to score in final 10 minutes.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Yeah small value in win. Should be 1.8 or so. Annoyingly Serginho is suspended after his red card last game, he’s a big miss. Penarol are apparently considering playing like 4/5 kids as their team is really old. They think they’ll cope better with the altitude. Penarol really struggle at altitude, were awful away in Quito last year.
Wilstermann will improve from last week too since it was their first game for 6 months.
Wilstermann need the win too, the players have said they know only a win will do so it’ll probably be a very open ending if it’s a draw late on. Would fancy them to score in final 10 minutes.
You guys are reading my mind. I just placed a good stake in this one :D

Withnail

Liverpool
Man city
Bayern Munich
-1 treble
Pep said he was playing the kids so I wouldn't be too confident there:

"All we want is the seven players that are out to come back. Now we have a competition that we cannot spend the energy that we spent today, before Leicester, so we're going to play mostly academy players and try to keep the energy for the Premier League. With this lack of preparation and seven players out and not coming back soon, we have to keep the players from today as safe as possible. We will see how many are available, how they recover. We have just three days. We won the Carabao Cup three times in a row and we would like to continue but we don't have the players in this period to play every three days."

Berbaclass

Thanks.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Pep said he was playing the kids so I wouldn't be too confident there:

"All we want is the seven players that are out to come back. Now we have a competition that we cannot spend the energy that we spent today, before Leicester, so we're going to play mostly academy players and try to keep the energy for the Premier League. With this lack of preparation and seven players out and not coming back soon, we have to keep the players from today as safe as possible. We will see how many are available, how they recover. We have just three days. We won the Carabao Cup three times in a row and we would like to continue but we don't have the players in this period to play every three days."
1.5 corners + 0.5 goals for Bournemouth @ 2.20, hope it works. Lots of unknown players for City.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
You guys are reading my mind. I just placed a good stake in this one :D
I wouldn’t go too big, I’m just small on personally. Prep levels + serginho missing is a big negative but should be a big improvement from last game. If this was mid season they would probably be 1.5 or so.

Berbaclass

Lost a ton on Bayern but somehow managed to be £200 up because I went heavy on Liverpool and City to win and Over 2.5 goals double @ 2.44

Been relatively sensible now and just had a small stake on a double of Wilstermann and Jacksonville -3 @ 4.4

The Jags are excellent value IMO. Only lost narrowly to the Titans, (who I rate) last week beat the Colts by 7 in GW1. Dolphins are 0-2 against the Pats (fair enough) and the Bills...

-3 @ 2.01 I think is really nice as I think.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
On the LNB match tonight Dijon - Lyon, despite the result on the pre-season, Dijon has more competitive rythm due to european games (Lyon will play in Euroleague later) and I think going on Dijon AH+5.5 can give a return, but bare in mind that Lyon is clearly the favourite.
Now, bare in mind that post-covid Euro basket is not what used to be, So I would advise starting low. On ACB surprise results have yet to happen for example, and that was a league that even top teams had difficulties outside their venue.

Another risky choices for tonight would be Gran Canaria AH+5.5. Gran Canaria is usually a very solid team that will always have a chance to win any match, even if it's a small chance, but can't guarantee on post-covid.
The other game is between Belfius Mons - Bakken Bears. Now, the danish team is usually a solid team for FIBA European Cup level, but they rarely reach FIBA Champions League. The bookies are giving them a good chunk mainly because the belgian team is inconsistent and also because Bakken Bears are more advanced in the season with more competitive rythm. Mons AH+8.5 is a chance.

But as I said, the choces above are even more riskier due to post-Covid impredictibility (a lot of squad changes due to budget cuts, etc)