Football & Sports Betting Thread 2023/2024

Big Andy

Bloke
fecking Ipswich…

had them in an acca with Bayern, PSG and Ipswich.

Cashed it out when they went 2-1 down for pittance and then they bloody won. Cost myself £65 with that.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Decision made mystical power and tullyhill supreme with probably mark walsh and Paul Townend about and Ballyburn to the Gallagher’s or whatever it’s called

My full preview, acca, ew acca, NB and Nap should be up on here Sunday night at latest final touches over weekend.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Cheltenham…… my fancies ( fancies not 100% winners!!!)

If you fancy anything else don’t be put off by me!!!

Tues

Supreme, Mystical Power 10/3….. I was backing him for either race this or baring Bingham whatever race Ballyburn didn’t, out of Galileo n Annie Power, danger probably is Tullyhill but got a ? Jumping saying that mine has same, mystical power for me.

Arkle, Quilixios 13/2…….. don’t really have a strong fancy here, won the triumph hurdle so has got course form Ew chance, JPR 15/2 one Ew too.

Ultima Hcap, Meetingofthewaters 5/1, again not a strong fancy but JP just bought it so maybe have a dabble, EW Stumptown 10/1

Champion hurdle, State Man 2/5 should win but gonna chance Iberico Lord 14/1 has won at course and has been supplemented so hopefully run into a place ( was backing this for ever race it went)

Mares….. Lossiemouth 1/2, 2 words - steering job!!! Go n collect

Boodles hcap, probably ew on Wodhooh and Liari both 10s, Wodhooh unbeaten and Liari PN really likes it, (wait for decs)

Weds

Baring Bingham, BallyBurn 4/7, like Lossiemouth he just wins u don’t want fav Gidlegh Park 10/1 ew (Albert Bartlett?)

Novices chase, Fact to File 4/5 - Barry Geraghty describes him as a monster and the ultimate racehorse and the way he bet Gaelic Warrior confirms the hype will win this or the turners, grey Dawning ew either race 9/2,

Coral cup, Sa Majeste 4/1 entered in Martin pipe aswell, like state man 2022 could be anything Willie described him as potential gold cup horse, so will back whatever race he goes.

Queen Mother, El Fabiolo 2/5…. Wins…. Next

Bumper, Jalon d’oudairies 6/1, im already on at much bigger price good chance but its a bumper so really anything can win this but fairly confident

Thursday

Turners, see weds 2nd race….. Iroko 5/1 could go in aswell has a great chance course and festival form aswell.

Plate hcp chase…. Crebilly 7/2 wouldn’t normally back a short priced fav for hcap but I think is well in off 140 shouldve beat ginnys destiny in November one of best bets of week.

Ryanair, would slightly go Envoi Allen 7/2, goes well fresh n 3/4 at festival, but depending on weather banbridge need good ground and could wait till Aintree, but not overly fussed about this race

Stayers , don’t talk about this race the Frenchy ( theleme) was nap of meeting had singles doubles trebles…. NR so meh…… might go Sir Gerhard course form but not certain to stay the trip, if goes Monkfish could go in 12/1 but as i say meh

Mares novices, this is really hard the first 3 in betting look good even golden ace could have chance wouldn’t be confident putting anything up might just be a watch race

Friday

Triumph, Sir Gino 4/5, will be very hard to beat, Storm Heart ew 8/1

County Hurdle, Under Control 10/1…. Was backing Iberico Lord for this he’s in the champion, I think she a grade 1 horse and is really well handicapped off 138

Albert Bartlett, another hard race to call might just watch but would bet Gidleigh Park 8/1 or Shanagh Bob 10/1 If pushed but probably just watch

Gold cup, Corach Rambler ew 20/1 won last 2 festivals but different kettle fish here not confident but probably back just for that reason, if it’s a bog….. Nassalam ew 25/1

Hunters chase, it’s on the line 9/4 already beaten ferns lock albeit half length but should improve again so fancy this

Martin Pipe, Sa Majeste 4/1 ( see weds coral cup)

MC89

Supports
Celtic
If you cannot be bothered reading

Banker acca

Lossiemouth (mares) 1/2
Ballyburn ( Gallaghers) 4/7
Fact to File (Browns) 4/5
El Fabiolo ( QM Champion) 2/5
4 timer pays just under 5/1

Ew Treble.

Iberico Lord (champion) 14/1
Jalon D’doudairies ( Bumper) 6/1
Gidleigh Park ( Albert Bartlett) 8/1
Pays just over 1000/1

NB - Iberico Lord Ew (champion) 14/1

Nap - Sa Majeste (Coral Cup/ Martin Pipe) 4/1

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've been doing way better on in play bets recently, over / under goals, shots, corners etc.

Hard to post here as the prices change so quickly.

Grib

Supreme, Mystical Power 10/3….. I was backing him for either race this or baring Bingham whatever race Ballyburn didn’t, out of Galileo n Annie Power, danger probably is Tullyhill but got a ? Jumping saying that mine has same, mystical power for me.
With you on this one, had it backed when it was down to race a week or two ago and got pulled, can't wait to see it go here

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
All E/W except the shorts and EG

1:30 - Firefox @ 15/2
2:10 - Quilixios @ 15/2
2:50 - Meetingofthewaters @ 7/1
3:30 - State Man @ 4/9
4:10 - Lossiemouth @ 4/5
4:50 - Nara @ 14/1
5:30 - Embassy Gardens @ 15/8

Thinking of having a little E/W L15 on Firefox, Quilixios, Meetingofthewaters and Nara.

Don't get the drift on State Man, conditions will be fine for him. Should just go and win his race.

Just can't back Gaelic Warrior going left-handed the way he jumps. I'd be looking at Quilixios for a bit of value.

No strong fancy in the Supreme or the Arkle. Both pretty open IMO.

State Man/Lossiemouth double @ 2.64 looks the bet but one probably gets beat somehow just because it can't be that easy!

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
1:30 - Firefox @ 15/2
2:10 - Quilixios @ 15/2
2:50 - Meetingofthewaters @ 7/1
3:30 - State Man @ 4/9
4:10 - Lossiemouth @ 4/5
4:50 - Nara @ 14/1
5:30 - Embassy Gardens @ 15/8

Thinking of having a little E/W L15 on Firefox, Quilixios, Meetingofthewaters and Nara.

Don't get the drift on State Man, conditions will be fine for him. Should just go and win his race.

Just can't back Gaelic Warrior going left-handed the way he jumps. I'd be looking at Quilixios for a bit of value.

No strong fancy in the Supreme or the Arkle. Both pretty open IMO.

State Man/Lossiemouth double @ 2.64 looks the bet but one probably gets beat somehow just because it can't be that easy!
Bet the whole world is on that double

Grib

Ballyburn super boosted to evens at Bet365, max stake £10

Berbaclass

Had a little punt on Saarbruken to win in the German cup tonight. @ 2.80. Bit disappointed that I missed them @ 3.0 earlier but still good value I think.

Beaten Bayern, Frankfurt and Gladbach to get here and they find themselves up against 2nd division Kaiserslauten (who are in a relegation battle currently) at home for a place in the final.

They have home advantage and their pitch is abysmal so I think they will make that count against a theoretically superior team on paper like they did against the Bundes teams.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Brighton’s poor finishing just cost me 150 pound. How do you create that many chances and not win

Berbaclass

Speculative one but I saw on Twitter earlier that Bruno Guimaraes is one booking away from a 2-match ban.

Interestingly if he gets two yellows he will only serve a one match ban :wenger:

40/1 for a red card v Spurs at the weekend seems like a nice little punt. He and Howe are such shithouses I can totally see them doing that on purpose. Think Antony Gordon did something similar recently...

Think I'm just going to have a few quid on a red every game until he gets the booking, which won't take too long.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Bournemouth 5/2 to have over 20 shots. That’s a guaranteed winner surely? Meanwhile we’re 7/1 to have over 20 shots. Standards have well dropped.

Berbaclass

Coventry over 12.5 shots @ 1.83.

Should come in fairly comfortably I think. I think we will win but I think Coventry understandably will throw everything at us. Can't see them having less attempts than that with our non-existant midfield and probably Casemiro at CB.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Coventry over 12.5 shots @ 1.83.

Should come in fairly comfortably I think. I think we will win but I think Coventry understandably will throw everything at us. Can't see them having less attempts than that with our non-existant midfield and probably Casemiro at CB.
There's no value in that. You'd want 6/4+

Berbaclass

Wouldn't touch it at odds on myself. Good luck, has every chance ofcourse.
It's got a significantly higher chance than the 40% implied at 6/4, closer to 60% IMO.

We concede an average of 22/23 shots per game. I think it should be about 8/13 or 4/6. It's value.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's got a significantly higher chance than the 40% implied at 6/4, closer to 60% IMO.

We concede an average of 22/23 shots per game. I think it should be about 8/13 or 4/6. It's value.
Yes but we don't play mid level Championship sides every week.