Footballers miss hundreds of drug tests

December_16

Feck, I hope this thing will open a huge can of worm. Would be great if we can get any sort of justice out of it, but expect us to do nothing. Unnecessary distractions, water under the bridge, etc.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
We do? I've heard rumors on here of high level use of performance enhancers but that's it.
There have been rumors around Eufamiano Fuentes and his alleged treatment of both Barcelona and Real Madrid(Le Monde). Of course, nothing substantive ever came from the claims, but the Spanish cycling authorities did their best to protect Alejandro Valverde(one of their best talents) from others following evidence of doping. It wouldn't be much surprise if the powers that be ignored the claims. In the same way that the FA apparently ignores drugs issues these days.

Le Monde: Fuentes treated Real Madrid and Barca

Barcelona reject doping allegations made by Spanish radio station · The Score

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
That's a stunning accusation. Especially if a few select clubs, like Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester City are getting this treatment while some or the majority of others are not, that's about as extreme cheating as you can get.

I mean, we're talking an offense that's supposed to cost you around a year of football, just missing a test. And somehow less if you're actually doing drugs but can keep an appointment. I guess I can see how keeping an appointment while high would be harder.
Have these clubs been named?

If not, then why are you naming them?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Yeah they're named! From what I've read the FA is full of Liverpool supporters, from their glory days, who, like Alan Hansen and a handball, think they're unbiased when they see things with Liverpool-red tinted specs.

But then I'm cynical from seeing these sorts of double standards in the States all the time, from all areas of life.

Privilege, from the latin 'priv' meaning private and 'lege' meaning law. One for us, another for everyone else.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
There have been rumors around Eufamiano Fuentes and his alleged treatment of both Barcelona and Real Madrid(Le Monde). Of course, nothing substantive ever came from the claims, but the Spanish cycling authorities did their best to protect Alejandro Valverde(one of their best talents) from others following evidence of doping. It wouldn't be much surprise if the powers that be ignored the claims. In the same way that the FA apparently ignores drugs issues these days.

Le Monde: Fuentes treated Real Madrid and Barca

Barcelona reject doping allegations made by Spanish radio station · The Score
I can believe it, people don't want to risk their careers, and perhaps lives, messing with these people. It's not like he's gonna get rich making these allegations.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I hear that Carroll Shelby makes a very 'andy car called a Cobra. Not to be sniffed at or snorted at.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I don't think you can sue someone for applying the rules as they are written. But United, I would think, could sue for unequal treatment.

This is the sort of thing that reminds me of how all-black teams were treated pre-civil rights era, made to follow strict rules that others didn't.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Does anyone know where to download this? Can´t find it anywhere...

Wuold be much appreciated!

Thanks