Forgive me and many mancs won´t agree

Rooney24

It's not that we "want" them to win it, it's just the situation being what it is that it's preferable that they win it ahead of the dippers.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
I'm pretty sure every manc would agree with you. The scousers can be forever relegated to "next year".

Erebus

It really isn't that I want city to win the title, but I desperately want the scousers to lose. Most blues I could cope with even if 'd hate it, but I would genuinely struggle to find one scouser I know that would be bearable.

LR7

Switched the channel after City scored the first. I wanted them to win but I don't enjoy watching it. I just don't want the Scousers winning it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Its a rare situation when you can call Citeh the lesser of two evils.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I'd rather see ciddie win than Liverpool AND Leeds. I would say the bitters are only 3rd in terms of pure hatred.

bobbyf

It's not that we "want" them to win it, it's just the situation being what it is that it's preferable that they win it ahead of the dippers.
It's not that we want City to win, we just want the Scallys NOT to win.

And it would also be a rare chance for City to fill their stadium. Good for the local economy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think I'm one of the few over here who will feel sick when either Man. City or Liverpool win. I really wanted Chelsea to win this so that neither Man. City nor Liverpool would. I'm really annoyed at how they gave the league away. Same goes for Arsenal, too, who collapsed, as always :mad:.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When pretty drunk about a month ago I met a scouser who was a friend of a friend in a pub near me and got chatting about the league this season, United and Liverpool and what not and got on well enough with him and in the end I said:

"D'ya know what? I wouldn't begrudge you the league this season. You're a club run in the correct fashion, earned your successes and not benefitted from any financial doping. I can't say I like Suarez or Gerrard but there are a few players I think seem honest enough so I could accept it if you were to win it".

He then turned nasty saying...

"feck you, you dirty Manc scum, we don't need your fecking sympathy or you taking the high horse cause you've had 20 years of success and now your back down with the peasants. You're a fecking scum club and we don't need any "acceptance" from you"..... or something along those lines. I can't remember it exactly as I was pissed and it took me by surprise. He suddently turned into a proper bitter scouse cnut from nowhere despite the fact I was being amiable and giving his club their dues.

He ended up getting even more nasty and abusive before I told him to feck off and get a grip. It was a bit of a wake up call for me as to exactly why I hate the cnuts and I'm glad it happened now as it's made the last fortnight incredibly sweet.

I fecking hate scousers.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
City are just a shite club in my opinion. They can't fill their ground for one of the most important games of the season, what else do you need to say? They love bringing inflatables to games ffs, they'll all be at their parade dressed as bananas. The title going to Liverpool after our first season without fergie would be simply unbearable.

Nozzy

When pretty drunk about a month ago I met a scouser who was a friend of a friend in a pub near me and got chatting about the league this season, United and Liverpool and what not and got on well enough with him and in the end I said:

"D'ya know what? I wouldn't begrudge you the league this season. You're a club run in the correct fashion, earned your successes and not benefitted from any financial doping. I can't say I like Suarez or Gerrard but there are a few players I think seem honest enough so I could accept it if you were to win it".

He then turned nasty saying...

"feck you, you dirty Manc scum, we don't need your fecking sympathy or you taking the high horse cause you've had 20 years of success and now your back down with the peasants. You're a fecking scum club and we don't need any "acceptance" from you"..... or something along those lines. I can't remember it exactly as I was pissed and it took me by surprise. He suddently turned into a proper bitter scouse cnut from nowhere despite the fact I was being amiable and giving his club their dues.

He ended up getting even more nasty and abusive before I told him to feck off and get a grip. It was a bit of a wake up call for me as to exactly why I hate the cnuts and I'm glad it happened now as it's made the last fortnight incredibly sweet.

I fecking hate scousers.
Did you take him to Casualty or just leave the tw_at to call his own ambulance?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Has to be City this season. I have a Liverpool fan who plays soccer with me, who has been unbearable all season. Plus watching Gerard’s slip cost Liverpool the title is funny enough it should make finishing 7th more bearable.

NoPace

A foreign plastic fan's view:

Liverpool fans are plentiful and annoying. Still, part of me feels bad about cheering for City to win it so Liverpool won't when I think of elderly Liverpool fans who have waited 25 years for a league title and may never see one again, but then I remember they're just Liverpool fans who got older, aren't they?

That said, I am worried Allardyce will find a weakness in them and give them trouble. He'd love it. Imagine the bragging rant about how he's a better manager than that foreigner Pellegrini who only got the job because of his fancy last name that he'd deliver post-game in the mirror, like a more racist Patrick Bateman, surrounded by prostitutes and 80's music.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Said a while back that I would prefer Liverpool to City or Chelsea, on account of them having done it without oil/oligarch money.

I managed to keep telling myself this until Liverpool against City. The closer it got to Liverpool actually winning the thing the more my attempt at being fair and rational lost its appeal.

Hope City have it sewn up by half time.

Mindhunter

I would give anything to stop Stevie Me getting even a touch on the PL trophy. Just the feeling of seeing him with the trophy and the subsequent coronations of being the best player by the media makes me cringe.

Hopefully City won't lose the last game and keep Stevie Me where he belongs. At 0 league titles.

NoPace

Said a while back that I would prefer Liverpool to City or Chelsea, on account of them having done it without oil/oligarch money.

I managed to keep telling myself this until Liverpool against City. The closer it got to Liverpool actually winning the thing the more my attempt at being fair and rational lost its appeal.

I feel similar. Objectively, Liverpool are a better champion politically speaking, with their lack of spending absurdity and constant undeserved firing of managers, but nobody wants to have MOTD ruined next year with a shot of Gerrard holding the title.

Richard Cranium

I was the opposite, furiously mumbling to myself that they'd have had no chance if not for the 10-15 less games afforded by a poor cup run and no European football.

Now City look set to win it, objectively I'd have preferred Liverpool. Their fanbase in unbearable though and since the media took the line of 'every neutral wants them to win it' I have been against them.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I was the opposite, furiously mumbling to myself that they'd have had no chance if not for the 10-15 less games afforded by a poor cup run and no European football.

Now City look set to win it, objectively I'd have preferred Liverpool. Their fanbase in unbearable though and since the media took the line of 'every neutral wants them to win it' I have been against them.
That in particular from the media is absolute BS, I've never seen a collective grouping of rival factions band together as they have done in the last few weeks at the thought of preventing Liverpool from winning it, from Everton to Villa to West Ham forums hoping they'd lose the matches against City, to Chelsea fans proclaiming to City fans "We've done our part (after the Liverpool/Chelsea match), now its time to do yours", not even mentioning United fans..

I've never witnessed a bonding quite like this in English football. :D

Richard Cranium

That in particular from the media is absolute BS, I've never seen a collective grouping of rival factions band together as they have done in the last few weeks at the thought of preventing Liverpool from winning it, from Everton to Villa to West Ham forums hoping they'd lose the matches against City, to Chelsea fans proclaiming to City fans "We've done our part (after the Liverpool/Chelsea match), now its time to do yours", not even mentioning United fans..

I've never witnessed a bonding quite like this in English football. :D
Never in the league but finals usually get a universal neutral backing toward an underdog. Wigan last year and Hull this year (although I hope Myler isn't playing).

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Liverpool are scum. City winning is the lesser of two evils. And as of now, their trophy record is miles away. Liverpool are only 2 leagues behind. No need to open that door.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Im on my holiday now and met these City fans here. We have had a few football conversations and what they told me is this. If City are not in the hunt for league they would much rather see United win it than any other team, especially Liverpool. They spoke with respect about SAF, Giggsy, Scholes, Neville,United as a club.

Granted, they might be a minority of City fans but their hatred towards Liverpool seemed genuine. So.. i dont mind them winnig it this year.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
A foreign plastic fan's view:

Liverpool fans are plentiful and annoying. Still, part of me feels bad about cheering for City to win it so Liverpool won't when I think of elderly Liverpool fans who have waited 25 years for a league title and may never see one again, but then I remember they're just Liverpool fans who got older, aren't they?
Don't feel sorry for them - even people in their early 30s can remember Liverpool winning the League. Wait until it's only people in their 80s. :lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The trophy needs to remain as close to Liverpool as it has usually been, just not too close. As usual it will remain around 33 miles away.

MDFC Manager

Got a question. If city were still yet to win a trophy in nearly 4 decades, would we still be wishing them to win the league over Liverpool?

Personally I'd still be wishing City win it over Liverpool

Anduin

Got a question. If city were still yet to win a trophy in nearly 4 decades, would we still be wishing them to win the league over Liverpool?

Personally I'd still be wishing City win it over Liverpool
Yeah. I think it's mainly a question for Mancs, being out of town it's very easy, there are no City fans anywhere to be seen where I live, while I'd have to deal with Liverpool winning the title just like everyone else here as well. Many of my close friends support Liverpool, I'd never hear the end of it, especially if that wanker Gerrard gets his hand on a league trophy. City? No one gives a damn.