Former United fitness coach Di Salvo might be sacked soon by Real

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Real Madrid fitness chief Di Salvo under massive pressure
01.12.08 | tribalfootball.com
Real Madrid fitness chief Valter di Salvo is coming under increasing pressure over the raft of injuries the first team squad has suffered this season.

The Italian is in his second season at Real after being lured from Manchester United and has been given complete control of player fitness and preparation regimes, including individual diets.

Indeed, such are the powers Di Salvo has been granted, that he suffers no interference from coaching staff, including Bernd Schuster.

However, he is now under huge pressure, says AS, with the massive investment made by the club into his programme failing to reap results. There's feeling inside the club that the injuries are "not down to bad luck" and the spotlight is now being shone on Di Salvo's methods

http://www.tribalfootball.com/content/real-madrid-fitness-chief-di-salvo-under-massive-pressure

I think they got 13 injuries or something atm and it was just confirmed that Pepe will be out a month. Is it possible Di Salvo played a part in Saha's injury hell at United?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I dont think it's his fault they are injured, seems like the need someone to blame for their poor form. I think there are many others to blame before the fitness coach. Cant say I feel sorry for him though

ave fenix

I think Fergie put in Di Salvo's contract a clause wich included a crappy fitness programe for Madrid players ;)

sonymobby

The funny thing that last year we were saying that it's because of his absence that we had so many injuries and there MANY injuries.

x42bn6

The funny thing that last year we were saying that it's because of his absence that we had so many injuries and there MANY injuries.
We actually have very few niggling injuries nowadays which is a bit weird - at a lot of clubs, you get a lot of players missing out on 1 or 2 matches every now and then - for us, they're always at the very least on the bench or in contention for the very next match.

Oh, and: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/valter-di-salvo-226987/

MUFC07

He failed to take Ronaldo and gave Ruud an applepie that made him break his right foot, also gives Schuster some kind of poison (which SAF recommended) that makes him a crap manager and unavailable to get the wins from 40m players even if his 4th squad is stronger than that 3rd division team...

Franco must be wanting to come out of his tomb.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
I don't think it's his fault, but i do feel that he played a big part in our player's increased stamina levels last season, we had that extra umph to push on in the latter stages of matches and grab those injury time winners/equalisers. I would take him back tbh.

Amir

but i do feel that he played a big part in our player's increased stamina levels last season, we had that extra umph to push on in the latter stages of matches and grab those injury time winners/equalisers. I would take him back tbh.
He was already with Real last season...

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Ahh, meant the season before then. Because I remember there were some times where we struggled and in the end rather than pushing hard for a goal, we looked exhausted instead, and that was when i was thinking of whether him leaving had an effect.

Amir

I thought we finished 06/07 dead on our feet, to be honest. And he was still with us I think.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I think what the craic is here, is that Walter took it upon himself to try & get the Real players as fit & as conditioned as the United players are but he never cared to think that Real are a bunch of fecking pussies that wouldnt know what a hard graft training session was if it hit them :lol:

Also, maybe Walter is working from the inside to destroy Real - under Fergie's direction & blessing :lol::lol:

This whole Real saga is fecking awesome.... soon all that will be left is rubble - feck you Real you shower of fascist Franco cnuts :devil:

Mainoldo

We initially poached Walter Di Salvo from Real - Querioz took him with him when he got sacked :cool:
The thing is they blamed him back then for Beckham's fitness so i don't know why they even took him back!! But what a career he would have if he did come back. Real-United-Real-back to United!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
The thing is they blamed him back then for Beckham's fitness so i don't know why they even took him back!! But what a career he would have if he did come back. Real-United-Real-back to United!
Ronnie & Salvo are good friends! They took him there prob because they were trying to lure Ronaldo, but i think Ronnie didnt need too much convincing tbh.

I think Real are so far behind in terms of training practices they will do whatever they can to reach the levels of United - if that means poaching staff then so be it!

It just goes to show how far ahead United are in terms of structure & position in the game, that Real are poaching not only our players but also our staff. feck you Real :lol::devil::lol: