Fortifying in January, one position to strengthen: what would you go for?

Position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bestietom

Someone with Composure on the ball, Penetration, Skill to open up defences, and can score plenty of goals. ( a Magician)

Nikelesh Reddy

Another box to box CM....Someone who can play alongside and in place of Pogba.Its incredible that we lose 50 percent of our attacking quality without Pogba....

tony54

What's the point of a right winger if he's not going to get the ball. Without Pogba we are
woefully inept at keeping and getting the ball forward, and even with Pogba, it's not always perfect.
What we need first is a CM and then a decent forward

ghagua

I think we need a midfielder too, but not to push Pogba into the #10. In my opinion we shouldn't play with a #10. It should be more of a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield (then we play with a #10 obviously). Matic is obviously the holding midfielder and I would have Pogba as box to box from the left side but we need another creative player who is box to box on the right and Herrara and Fellaini just don't cut it. We need someone with some creativity and who can dribble and pick out a pass and shoot. A Modric type of player. I was hoping MickyT could be that player but he isn't good enough defensively and his confidence is low. I expect to see him sold. There's been talk of Ozil but again, like MickyT he is too much of a #10 and not good enough defensively. Perhaps Mourinho can help change that. Or perhaps we can just recreate Paul Scholes and all our problems would be solved
I honestly don't care as long as we sort this shite out. A midfield of Pogba and Matic just is not doing it defensively. Teams slice through our midfield at will and then they are down our defenders throat. We are also not able to retain possession as much as we should being a club of our reputation.

MUFC OK

A CM who can pass the ball forward, Herrera is woefully out of form and has forgotten how to do this, Carrick is basically retired and Fellaini is Fellaini.. Think Meunier would be a good addition if we were to play with wingbacks.

Dave1812

I think we need 2 top class players 1 CM and a forward type player. But i think the number 1 should be a CM we need a player who has the ability to control a game like Scholes did. Just like Silva,KDB did to us on Sunday because that was the main difference they controlled the game for them we don't have anybody who can do that even Pogba does not control a game he improves us but he does not control a game until we get somebody who can we will continue to be second best to city i am afraid to say.

desmondisback

I think we are lacking in a top class manager who can get the team playing with a bit of confidence in big games and stop us from hoofing it aimlessly.