Frank Lampard | Former Chelsea manager

eire-red

Lampard always talks a big game, hasn't really backed it up enough on the pitch.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out for him. In recent times nothing good has come from criticising your players in the media.

At the moment its shaping up to be a fight between Leicester, Chelsea and Spurs for fourth place. Will that be good enough after all that money spent?

eire-red

Do you really think so? If anything I see him always trying to lower expectations.
He was quick to play down a title challenge during that brief spell you were up near the top.

For the most part of his tenure, he's spoken about Chelsea standards and the need for winning trophies.

A bit like Ole in that regard. Both of them need to start showing more than words.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Its like he did better last season with a worse squad, weird.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's spent a fortune and they haven't really improved. Chelsea will sack him soon I'd say.
Lot of people thought Chelsea would be smashed and Grealish would score, today he didn't make both prediction happen. I think he's done well so far, deserves to stay minimum end of the season.

Tony247

Let's hope he's there for a long time.
Problem is, if we want to dismantle liverpool and have any chance of winning the title then the league needs 3-4 really good sides such that these teams could take points off each other and create level playing tournament for top 4-5 teams. Without that brawl it will be liverpool alone walking away with the title once again.

Castia

Give him a new contract

Sorry but they’re going nowhere under Lampard, the longer he’s there the better.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think he’s absolutely trash and it will be proven in time. Anyone that rates him and doesn’t rate Ole needs severe questioning.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The run of 2 games?

We beat West Ham a week ago (who were top 10 at the time).
Spot on mate. There's a bright side to every wrong thing, people often ignore the bright side and only see the wrong things.

Robbie Boy

Problem is, if we want to dismantle liverpool and have any chance of winning the title then the league needs 3-4 really good sides such that these teams could take points off each other and create level playing tournament for top 4-5 teams. Without that brawl it will be liverpool alone walking away with the title once again.
This Chelsea squad overall is very impressive. A proper manager would make this side contenders.

Chief123

After spending about 10 of Abramovich’s yachts, Chelsea still looking as lame as last year. You would never think they’ve injected a lot of money in the team.

Ziyech seems to be the only bright spark so far. The rest of the squad looks not much different to last year.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Lampard will be at Stamford Bridge next season...as a spectator watching someone else manage Chelsea .

Hughie77

Some of his new players, this is there first season, he has to be given time as they do as well, I'm far from Chelsea fan , but Abromovich has been quick on the draw in sacking managers sometimes there was no need. Cheque book be out on Jan and summer again whether Lampard is there or not.

Djemba-Djemba

Of course, you never know.

We're 2 points off of second and won our Champs League group. People are talking like we're 15th or something.
Yeah it's too early for any predictions of doom.

The table is incredibly tight so a good run of just 5 or 6 games could be huge.

You do look very underwhelming though and I know you keep defending him but Werner does have a hint of the Moratas about him...

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Care to make a wager?
Ofcourse you know the club better than anyone of us here, but surely, Roman might pull the trigger if you guys are, say, in a position similar to what we were in Jan'20 before Bruno signed. Or is the mood among the supporters very different?

dal

He seems to get a bit too emotional in press conferences and talks a really good game.

There’s always pressure when you spend a lot. They had Pulisic and now they’ve brought Havertz, Werner, Ziyech,

I always worry for clubs when they buy a shed load of the same type of player in one window for big fees, it smacks of panic buying and no real transfer strategy.

I felt United did this in previous seasons however our strategy seems to be getting to Ferguson era levels.

Im not sure but Frank talks of spirit but it seems as though they are just trying to buy it without attracting the right mentality, I could be wrong of course.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah it's too early for any predictions of doom.

The table is incredibly tight so a good run of just 5 or 6 games could be huge.

You do look very underwhelming though and I know you keep defending him but Werner does have a hint of the Moratas about him...
Werner is on a bad run of form for sure but we're not even halfway through the season yet. Too early to write anyone off.

Anyone who thought bringing in 6 starters into the side would lead to a stable and settled side was off their head. I still think we'll get top 4.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I want Chelsea to win a few so Lampard stays in charge. Worried he might get the sack soon.

Tony247

Frank should do a gary neville. Leave managerial career and focus on punditry.