Frank Lampard | Former Chelsea manager

Djemba-Djemba

Werner is on a bad run of form for sure but we're not even halfway through the season yet. Too early to write anyone off.

Anyone who thought bringing in 6 starters into the side would lead to a stable and settled side was off their head. I still think we'll get top 4.
So last year the excuse was you couldn't buy any players and now it's you bought too many players?

I agree though, too early to write anyone off other than Sheffield Utd

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ofcourse you know the club better than anyone of us here, but surely, Roman might pull the trigger if you guys are, say, in a position similar to what we were in Jan'20 before Bruno signed. Or is the mood among the supporters very different?
It's difficult to really tell the mood of the fans with no crowds. My family & friends certainly don't want him sacked but we know he's not prime Fergie.

Of course there are lemons on Twitter who want Frank gone but they've been there since day 1, because he didn't pick the player they have as their profile pic. It was "@pulisic4lyfe" who wanted him gone at the start, then it was "@CHOisgod" and now it's "@Havertzisdogshit".

cyberman

This Chelsea squad overall is very impressive. A proper manager would make this side contenders.
Na. Not when they have such average no 9s with Werner and Havertz around them

I cant see whats impressive about it. Theyve bought names and thats it

thatsme

Care to make a wager?
I'll take a £100 charity wager that Chelsea will not finish top four if he does stay until the end of the season. No lack of effort from the Chelsea players tonight, just a lack of real talent.

SinNombre

Chelsea doesn’t have any genuine top 10 players in the league.

They have bought a lot of players but mostly at the level of good squad additions.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's difficult to really tell the mood of the fans with no crowds. My family & friends certainly don't want him sacked but we know he's not prime Fergie.

Of course there are lemons on Twitter who want Frank gone but they've been there since day 1, because he didn't pick the player they have as their profile pic. It was "@pulisic4lyfe" who wanted him gone at the start, then it was "@CHOisgod" and now it's "@Havertzisdogshit".
Fair enough. Because how I see it, you guys have tricky next 6 odd games, where it is likely you might come out with a fair few losses and draws as well, if this form continues. Considering, you people might already be 8th this GW (with City below you on GD and having played 2 less games), I really wouldn't be shocked if Roman sacks him in Feb like he did to Scolari, especially if you are maybe 6-8 points adrift of top 4 and 7th-8th in the table.

Red_Jamie

It’s truly laughable to think back to about 3 weeks ago when Spurs and Chelsea were being lauded as title challengers. Several Chelsea and opposition fans were on this forum predicting title wins or top 4 scenarios that didn’t contain United... What a difference 3 weeks make!

Let’s not forget, United and Chelsea finished on equal points last season. Chelsea then went on to spend £200/250m in the transfer market with much of the media backing them for a title charge. They now sit in 6th, having not beaten a team in the top half of the league and having played the most games of any of the top 10 teams. United can go 7 points above them if we win our 2 games in hand.

Chelsea have a difficult Champions league draw on the horizon also. Make no mistake, if they don’t improve their league position and turn this around, Lampard will deservedly lose his job.

lex talionis

Roman and his minions should start evaluating options to succeed Lampard at the end of the season.

Champagne Football

Chelsea bought well but..... The problem is that they bought too many players without PL experience Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Thiago Silva.... Then on top of that they've a few young players who are not ready to be consistent always like Mount and Abraham.

As their squad develops, I think they'll eventually be awesome, but they'd remind you of us a couple 9f years ago when Fred and Lindelof looked like they were gonna be flops, and Rashford, McTominay etc weren't quite ready to perform consistently week in week out. McTominay and Greenwood are still adjusting to try and find consistency.

duffer

Scout
Fair enough. Because how I see it, you guys have tricky next 6 odd games, where it is likely you might come out with a fair few losses and draws as well, if this form continues. Considering, you people might already be 8th this GW (with City below you on GD and having played 2 less games), I really wouldn't be shocked if Roman sacks him in Feb like he did to Scolari, especially if you are maybe 6-8 points adrift of top 4 and 7th-8th in the table.
League position at the moment is a wild one. A win in our next game and we could be second. A loss and we could be 9th. Either way it''ll be too close to start talking about sackings or titles.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It’s truly laughable to think back to about 3 weeks ago when Spurs and Chelsea were being lauded as title challengers. Several Chelsea and opposition fans were on this forum predicting title wins or top 4 scenarios that didn’t contain United... What a difference 3 weeks make!
I think the moral of that story is no one outside of Liverpool and City are good enough to win this league.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
So last year the excuse was you couldn't buy any players and now it's you bought too many players?

I agree though, too early to write anyone off other than Sheffield Utd
I never quite understand posts like this. Unless you are saying duffer himself was the person using a lack of players last year as an excuse (in which case, I apologise!), then all you are really doing is pointing out that one person said something last year and an unconnected person said something different this year. The thing about hypocrisy is that it usually has to be the same person who has held both views.

Reactions: Sultan

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Always makes me chuckle when people/the media group City in with Liverpool, like they are something special.
Because they are the only team that have the capacity to go on a run and potentially challenge with them over 38 games. They probably won't but they're the only one's that have a hope.

Chelsea and United are too streaky while Tottenham's football isn't sustainable.

crossy1686

career ending
Has he been sacked yet? Absolute crisis over there, spending close to half a billion and looking as toothless as a mid table side. Who's going to hit the panic button first??

TheReligion

Abusive
Surely he should get the rest of the season come what may?

I'm a little confused with Chelsea though as if this was a long term project their signings in the summer didn't reflect a masterplan in my opinion. If it's not a long term project then not sure what Roman's incentive will be to stick with Lampard (other than sentiment).

I'm just not sure what the club is going for at the moment. A new approach of youth and building a young team and new style or is it the same as it's always been, throw money at it (and managers) until something sticks. I guess only Roman knows and that will decide Frank's future.

crossy1686

career ending
Surely he should get the rest of the season come what may?

I'm a little confused with Chelsea though as if this was a long term project their signings in the summer didn't reflect a masterplan in my opinion. If it's not a long term project then not sure what Roman's incentive will be to stick with Lampard (other than sentiment).

I'm just not sure what the club is going for at the moment. A new approach of youth and building a young team and new style or is it the same as it's always been, throw money at it (and managers) until something sticks. I guess only Roman knows and that will decide Frank's future.
It should be a long term project, they're a young team and an inexperienced manager. However, when you spend what they spent in the summer, it stopped becoming a long term project at that point.

Lampard has now started digging his players out and taking the Jose school of approach, stating the players need to explain themselves for recent performances. Lose the dressing room and he's gone.

cyberman

It should be a long term project, they're a young team and an inexperienced manager. However, when you spend what they spent in the summer, it stopped becoming a long term project at that point.

Lampard has now started digging his players out and taking the Jose school of approach, stating the players need to explain themselves for recent performances. Lose the dressing room and he's gone.
They really arent that young

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I dont think anyone should be calling for his head, I like to think that managers should be given a chance to establish themselves which I dont think he's had yet.

But if you're willing to condemn Ole and defend Lampard, or vice versa, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Because they are the only team that have the capacity to go on a run and potentially challenge with them over 38 games. They probably won't but they're the only one's that have a hope.

Chelsea and United are too streaky while Tottenham's football isn't sustainable.
United have shown the capacity to put wins together, as we have done consistently in 2020. Stop trying to deflect from the fact that Chelsea are currently massively underwhelming.

crossy1686

career ending
They really arent that young
That's true actually. Another reason he'll get sacked this season. The main issue is the German league isn't as good as people thought it was. We all got tricked into thinking it was a top league because we had to watch it for a month because there was feck all else on.

duffer

Scout
That's true actually. Another reason he'll get sacked this season. The main issue is the German league isn't as good as people thought it was. We all got tricked into thinking it was a top league because we had to watch it for a month because there was feck all else on.
Would you like a bet on whether or not he gets sacked this season? £10?

You seem very sure, easy money for you if you're not talking shit!

crossy1686

career ending
I dont think anyone should be calling for his head, I like to think that managers should be given a chance to establish themselves which I dont think he's had yet.

But if you're willing to condemn Ole and defend Lampard, or vice versa, then you don't have a leg to stand on.
I don't think he should be sacked but I think Chelsea will sack him because in their eyes, they've spent this money on a team and want an immediate return. Its pretty much the model they subscribe to.