Frank Lampard: Man United have most potent front 3 in the country

lysglimt

Scout
I like Lampard when he is talking to the press - he is very honest and comes across as sympathetic.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People love mentioning Liverpool but Bobby "No goals" Firmino take down that front 3. People love overrating every single thing he does pertaining to his overall play to shield him away and hide from his mediocre goal output for a striker.

They've only got a potent front 2
Also this

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
'in terms of numbers anyway'

Call me precious but I took that as some shade throwing.

Let's smash'em.

Phil

No worries, they probably won't all be playing against you.

joedirt87

we have a very potent front 3 for him in the FA Cup on Sunday. Ighalo, James, and Lingard. Lethal.

Paul_Scholes18

Greenwood has more goals than Firmino in half as many minutes.

Mane & Salah are still above Rashford & Martial but our lads have time on their side. This time next year that very well may have flipped
Wow didn't know he had that many. He has scored them here and there before Corona break.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Classic management there from Lampard.

Hype the praise on your next opponent and depict yourselves as underdogs.

We ain't falling for it big boy!

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
It's the classic case of giving big compliments to your upcoming opponent, but it's still good to hear tbh

Paul_Scholes18

Ole can counter with- They have the best central forward in world football since Giroud won the world cup playing as one.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Trying to jinx it I see... then let me say

CHO is the best talent in the world
Pulisic is the best attacker in Premier League
Giroud is the best senior striker in Premier Leauge, WC winner
Kante is the best midfielder in Europe
Tammy is the best Chelsea player since Drogba

AFC NimbleThumb

Time to beat him 4 times this season.

Keep your compliments.

Highly unlikely they take the field on Sunday unless we need a goal imo.

Igahlo the Great is who he needs to be worried about :devil:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
MMM /thread recognition. I was the first to notice this just after only 1 game.

We have the most potent front three in football. No need for Sancho to try and mess up that chemistry unless he wouldn’t mind sitting on bench and we have a warchest to fix other areas of our team.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Front 3 wise in the Premier League we're:
Martial 17 goals, 5 assists in 30 (29 starts 1 sub app)
Rashford 17 goals, 9 assists in 29 (29 starts)
Greenwood 9 goals, 1 assist in 29 (10 starts, 19 sub apps)

Compare that to the greatest front three in the history of time:
Mane 17 goals, 9 assists in 33 (30 starts, 3 sub apps)
Salah 19 goals, 9 assists in 32 (32 starts)
Firmino 8 goals, 7 assists in 36 (33 starts, 3 sub apps)

I'd say our lads with an average age of 21 are doing a decent job as things stand today!

Just a shame their full backs win games, and ours can defend :(

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Classic management there from Lampard.

Hype the praise on your next opponent and depict yourselves as underdogs.

We ain't falling for it big boy!
On an even playing field they are slight underdogs. Given they’ve had 48 hours more rest (absolute joke) they have to be considered the favourites.

CG1010

MMM /thread recognition. I was the first to notice this just after only 1 game.

We have the most potent front three in football. No need for Sancho to try and mess up that chemistry unless he wouldn’t mind sitting on bench and we have a warchest to fix other areas of our team.
I know this is being debated in various other places too, but we certainly need another quality player capable of playing in front 3. And the mistake people make vis a vis Sancho is that he will play most games given his price tag. Whereas the price tag matters much less once he is here, and he will be also subjected to rotation/competition/injuries as other three. On a uniform basis, all four could start for 29 PL games each (not to mention more minutes as substitutes), which isn't bad considering injuries and rest required for these explosive players.

Lam

Front 3 wise in the Premier League we're:
Martial 17 goals, 5 assists in 30 (29 starts 1 sub app)
Rashford 17 goals, 9 assists in 29 (29 starts)
Greenwood 9 goals, 1 assist in 29 (10 starts, 19 sub apps)

Compare that to the greatest front three in the history of time:
Mane 17 goals, 9 assists in 33 (30 starts, 3 sub apps)
Salah 19 goals, 9 assists in 32 (32 starts)
Firmino 8 goals, 7 assists in 36 (33 starts, 3 sub apps)

I'd say our lads with an average age of 21 are doing a decent job as things stand today!

Just a shame their full backs win games, and ours can defend :(
And two of them from the academy!

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I know this is being debated in various other places too, but we certainly need another quality player capable of playing in front 3. And the mistake people make vis a vis Sancho is that he will play most games given his price tag. Whereas the price tag matters much less once he is here, and he will be also subjected to rotation/competition/injuries as other three. On a uniform basis, all four could start for 29 PL games each (not to mention more minutes as substitutes), which isn't bad considering injuries and rest required for these explosive players.
So you believe we only need Sancho this summer to give us depth? I feel like that signing will take up a significant part of our budget. If we sign him, we won’t be able to strengthen other areas like backup st and maybe cb or backup cam.

cyberman

Firminho lets Liverpool down goal wise. That tilts it our favour imo

CG1010

So you believe we only need Sancho this summer to give us depth? I feel like that signing will take up a significant part of our budget. If we sign him, we won’t be able to strengthen other areas like backup st and maybe cb or backup cam.
Its really difficult to say which areas should get priority for more depth. I feel our transfer strategy should depend on availability of best fit of talent across different positions - if this year, Sancho is available we should get him and be on the look out for other good players.

Regarding our budget, I don't have any idea of what it will be so let's use 2019-20 as a guide. We got 4 players at net transfer spend of $156 million. Assuming this year too, we will sell players worth $50-60 million (Sanchez, Lingard, etc.), we have a budget of $200 million. So spend $90-100 million at Sancho and 2 more players for $50-60 million each. I get the feeling Ole doesn't want to get more than 2-4 signings in one season anyway.