Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

hp88

Surely they have got to sack him? Dodged relegation but that was way too close for a club like Everton.

Charles Miller

Everton looks like a group of players without a manager. Attack is 100% random. They just throw the ball up front and see what happens. Attacking players never get a 1x1 situation. There is nothing resembling something developed at training ground.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Surely they have got to sack him? Dodged relegation but that was way too close for a club like Everton.
Pretty sure they were 16th and only 4 points off relegation when he took over. Done the job that was required at the end of the day.

But yeah I don't think he's taking them anywhere. He eventually got wise and started playing a bit more pragmatically but they didn't half make it difficult when you consider some of the quality they have compared to the likes of Burnley.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Have doubts about Richarlison as a player for a top side but in fairness you can see why Everton fans like him so much. Scored something like 6 of their last 11 goals and played with a feckload of heart.

Did Franky a big favour.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If they didn't get utterly shafted in a couple of games, Everton would have been safe ages ago. He's done a really good job in, quite frankly, really difficult circumstances.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If they didn't get utterly shafted in a couple of games, Everton would have been safe ages ago. He's done a really good job in, quite frankly, really difficult circumstances.
Agreed. There’s no way we would have got tonight’s result under Benitez.

Lampard has made mistakes but he’s given the side belief and connected the fans to the team in a way that no other manager has in ages for us.

Kag

If Everton have anything about them (they don’t), they’d sack him as soon as possible and bring in a grown up.

It’ll save them doing it in six month then.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Agreed. There’s no way we would have got tonight’s result under Benitez.

Lampard has made mistakes but he’s given the side belief and connected the fans to the team in a way that no other manager has in ages for us.
Yeah, I think people forget he's an inexperienced manager himself, but he galvanised the club. It doesn't feel like it now but when he took the job, Everton were a terribly toxic and dysfunctional club. Not an easy thing to work through. Buzzing for him that he managed to steady the ship and achieve his goals. Great stuff.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Do i think he has done a good job? Meh, not really. I dont think keeping Everton up is an achievement to be proud of, its Everton, ffs. They should be nowhere near the bottom. I can see Frank being a journeyman manager... but with very little trophy success

Still be surprised he sees out nxt season, and if/when he leaves, drop back to champ and learn the trade properly

TheReligion

Abusive
Got to be in the running for manager of the season really. Obviously he won't win (Tuchel has that in the bag after winning the world cup) but deserves a shout.
His post match comments were interesting. Saying the best atmosphere he’s been involved in tonight then had to double back a bit and mention something else!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
All depends on transfers I think now.

Everton still have to sell to buy don't they so one of the strikers will have to be sacrificed.

They're still clueless at the back without Mina aswell.

Probably sacked around November time.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Got to be in the running for manager of the season really. Obviously he won't win (Tuchel has that in the bag after winning the world cup) but deserves a shout.
For a second i thought you was serious until i seen the tongue in cheek TT bit. And if you was serious, not in a million years is he in for Manager of the season

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was desperately looking for the white text. :lol:

Hasn't Jackson at Burnley picked up a bigger haul of points in fewer games with a much worse squad?

Lampard's record is similar to Marsch but yes Everton ultimately did win the games at home they needed to.

Think problem now is Goodison will be flatter atmosphere in August so they simply can't expect to get through on adrenaline alone.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everton looks like a group of players without a manager. Attack is 100% random. They just throw the ball up front and see what happens. Attacking players never get a 1x1 situation. There is nothing resembling something developed at training ground.
Richarlison is great in those situations though, give him something to chase or a defender to barge and he makes things happen. Slower build up play wouldn't suit him or Gordon in their attack.

Smart move I think would be to cash in on DCL for 40m.