Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

The-Natural

Because there was no justification for it in the summer. He did well and earned the time and chance to try to build something. I don’t think it’s wrong to want someone to succeed and try to do things the right way for once. We tried, it hasn’t worked and now we need to make a decision because it could get a lot worse. It happens.
My Evertonian mates felt the same way as you in this regard but from the outside looking in your football did not seem to improve under Lampard at all and your survival was more to do with Richarlison, Pickford and an incredible home support.

The comparison to Ole is unavoidable. At least it seems you're not going to have to waste 3 seasons based mostly on goodwill when the glaringly obvious is staring you in the face.

Hope the next manager you bring in improves things. You lot deserve it.

Janjarac

Supports
Chelsea
I have been following Chelsea for over 20 years. I was there before Roman and Im here after Roman so I have seen managers come and go.

Lampard, I dont rate him at all.
As a player he was eliten. Only prime Ronaldinho beat him to the ballon that one year.

But as a manager he is out of his deepth in the PL. Championship at best.

Could not belive it when Everton hired him. Could only end in one way this.

arthurka

I have been following Chelsea for over 20 years. I was there before Roman and Im here after Roman so I have seen managers come and go.

As a player he was eliten. Only prime Ronaldinho beat him to the ballon that one year.

Wait fat Frank was almost as good as Ronaldinho? He is a shit manager that's for sure.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No doubt he won't be Everton manager when we play them next week and they'll be on a new manager bounce at just the wrong time for us.

Janjarac

Supports
Chelsea
Wait fat Frank was almost as good as Ronaldinho? He is a shit manager that's for sure.
Thats right, only a prime Ronaldinho who was killing it left and right was better then him that season.

But as a manager he is 0.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

Because there was no justification for it in the summer. He did well and earned the time and chance to try to build something. I don’t think it’s wrong to want someone to succeed and try to do things the right way for once. We tried, it hasn’t worked and now we need to make a decision because it could get a lot worse. It happens.
Would you take Moyes back?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would you take Moyes back?
No, for the same reason I wouldn’t take Dyche. I’m fed up of stop gap managers or managers that aren’t here for the long term. I want someone progressive who can build a good future for themselves and the club.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Moyes isn't a stop gap manager. He wants a cushy little number where he can flatter to deceive for as long as possible, like when he was at Everton. As soon as he stepped out of his comfort zone, we saw the real Moyes.

He thought he'd found another cushy number at West Ham, but he's already been found out.

He might give Everton a bit of stability for a few seasons, I suppose.

EliotTheRed

Surely a matter of time until they sack him? He did ok with Derby and moved to Chelsea way too early into his managerial career. I imagine after the (inevitable) sacking at Everton he’s maybe 2 more jobs away from finishing as a manager. I don’t think he’ll be going in 5 years time somehow.

crossy1686

career ending
They should have pulled the plug on Lamps when they survived relegation last season, due to the fact he was the one that got them in a relegation fight in the first place. Wazza would be a better option if they're looking for a wild card.

Oranges038

I think the only thing keeping him in the job is that they aren't getting battered, if they were losing by 2 or 3 every other game he'd be gone.

If City give them a good hiding and a loss to Brighton could be it. New manager bounce for the FA cup game and they will probably beat Utd.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Can’t figure who is the worse manager…lamps, stevieG or Arteta.
I used to think Arteta was the worst between Ole, Lamps and him but he definitely proved me wrong since last season. I remember a game last season where the arse outplayed city but still lost due to player quality difference. The fact that Ole and Lamps got two of the biggest jobs in PL a few season ago in itself was crazy. One is out of job now and the other one is hanging by a thread. Both will likely not land big jobs anymore in the future.

He’s defo getting sacked right before their trip to OT so Duncan Ferguson can come in and gnash his teeth on the sidelines while Everton pashun their way to a win. DCL to play his first game in two years and score the winner.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I used to think Arteta was the worst between Ole, Lamps and him but he definitely proved me wrong since last season. I remember a game last season where the arse outplayed city but still lost due to player quality difference.
Tbf, we did the exact same thing against them (and Liverpool) in Lampard's first season.

I was really excited based on those displays but sadly in hindsight it appears it was muscle memory from Sarri's training in play.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I dunno about that. Lampard introduced a lot of youth players in his first Chelsea season that Sarri didn't have and Chelsea did well. And I know he gets a lot of crap for not being promoted with Derby, but I remember him knocking out Utd in the cup and giving Chelsea a very good game in the next round too. Failing at Everton means very little as we have seen some great coaches not do well. He'll struggle to get a top job after this but it's fine margins.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think both him and Gerrard have two routes now. To learn, get knowledgeable and talented staff and…

a) go for an unfancied Championship job and try to build something.

b) go abroad (Holland, Belgium etc) and try to rebuild reputations.

I don’t know if their egos would allow them to do it, but there needs to be a humility and acceptance that they aren’t good enough for the top leagues as they are. That can be hard to accept for legendary players beloved by their fans.

This will probably be the decider as to whether they really want this or not. Can they do the hard miles and are they willing to be humble and learn?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think both him and Gerrard have two routes now. To learn, get knowledgeable and talented staff and…

a) go for an unfancied Championship job and try to build something.

b) go abroad (Holland, Belgium etc) and try to rebuild reputations.

I don’t know if their egos would allow them to do it, but there needs to be a humility and acceptance that they aren’t good enough for the top leagues as they are. That can be hard to accept for legendary players beloved by their fans.

This will probably be the decider as to whether they really want this or not. Can they do the hard miles and are they willing to be humble and learn?
Not a bad idea that, like Moysie and GNev did…. :nervous:

Maluco

Not a bad idea that, like Moysie and GNev did…. :nervous:
Not great examples!:D

But McClaren won a title in Holland and more recently, Potter and Kompany have both started by building reputations abroad and both appear to be capable of producing modern footballing sides that play progressive football.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Not great examples!:D

But McClaren won a title in Holland and more recently, Potter and Kompany have both started by building reputations abroad and both appear to be capable of producing modern footballing sides that play progressive football.
Your examples are better than mine :wenger:
I do wonder why more British managers don’t go to work abroad, but it’s always a surprise when one of them gets a foreign gig - like Pardew at ADO - it was just odd.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Moyes isn't a stop gap manager. He wants a cushy little number where he can flatter to deceive for as long as possible, like when he was at Everton. As soon as he stepped out of his comfort zone, we saw the real Moyes.

He thought he'd found another cushy number at West Ham, but he's already been found out.

He might give Everton a bit of stability for a few seasons, I suppose.
of course he is. He’s an old age manager that is of an era which should be forgotten about. He’s not the type of manager PL clubs should be looking at now. He has his place in history but football is different now and his time is gone as a manager to build with. He’s not that anymore.

The ones in here seem to. Which I don't quite get, he comes across as totally unlikeable.
Of course. You have to remember, as Everton fans we saw how poisonous the Benitez appointment was and how poisonous our club was when Lampard took over. He brought as much positivity into the club as was needed at the time and it’s obvious we would thank and like him for that.

The tide however is changing with each poor result and especially after his comments about the fans at the weekend. All the work he did in bringing the fans and club together are being ruined because of each loss and by blaming the fans for it too. He is getting more unlikeable unfortunately and I don’t think he can handle the pressure needed to be a manager at this level.

kaku06

So started supporting as soon as heard the news of Chelsea about to be taken over by Roman. Right.

Maluco

Your examples are better than mine :wenger:
I do wonder why more British managers don’t go to work abroad, but it’s always a surprise when one of them gets a foreign gig - like Pardew at ADO - it was just odd.
Pardew seemed to be a last pay day! But I think there is genuine merit in going out and learning new ideas in a different cultural setting. The Championship in England is frantic and extremely competitive. It’s a tough gig.

Kompany was very shaky early on, but he seemed to bring in good people and learn on the job. He has come in and hit the ground running at Burnley and could well be a PL manager in 5 months time in his own merit.

I am sure he has learnt a lot from his experiences and he could well be in a much better position than either Lamps or Stevie G in a few months time.

BorisManUtd

Losing at home 3-0 to Brighton.

Last game?
so
Surely. Draw at City was lucky result (at least looking at stats) and being 3-0 after 55 minutes at home will be too much. In 3 days we play Everton in Fa Cup so that'll be a downside of his sacking.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Disgustingly bad game. I feel a bit sick about it as I really believed at the start of the season he was doing well and creating something that could get us to a safe space (15th-10thish) but in the last 10 games we and he have absolutely imploded. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.