Frankfurt gave wrong Email address to Lazio to avoid selling Kostic

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lots of things may have happened, but in general, the idea that a club would give out a wrong e-mail address on purpose to try and stall the process sounds ridiculous - if only because it's unlikely to work. (You'd get an error message as the sender, you can just call, you can contact the agent, etc.) Also, how would they give the wrong address? They'd have to have had a working way of communicating already to do that.

Lots of things may go wrong by accident of course; but to my mind, people jump on the original story because it's funny, not because it makes sense.

(Also, Frankfurt claiming Lazio confirmed their error in writing sounds pretty strong to me. There is no way Lazio would just let that stand uncontested, if only not to look stupid to their own fans.)

(I'm wondering why I care. Guess I don't like how guillable people can be. Of course, they'll prove next that Frankfurt did turn out to be evil dummies, and I'll look stupid. :) )
Not sure why any club should be evil or anything, lets see what Lazio feeds Italian journalists.

Sending offer to wrong email was correct, Frankfurt confirmed that too. Italian journalist said Lazio were given wrong email, Frankfurt said Lazio missed a letter and it's not their mistake.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Not sure why any club should be evil or anything, lets see what Lazio feeds Italian journalists.

Sending offer to wrong email was correct, Frankfurt confirmed that too. Italian journalist said Lazio were given wrong email, Frankfurt said Lazio missed a letter and it's not their mistake.
To be clear, I think anyone may have made a mistake here. I just don't think it's likely that Frankfurt would have given wrong information on purpose. But yeah, let's see what Lazio have to say. :)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How were they speaking to Frankfurt in the first place with that pesky K in their email addresses

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
How were they speaking to Frankfurt in the first place with that pesky K in their email addresses
Jesus Hrist, how about sending a pigeon? I know it's a bit far for shooting an arrow with a letter attached to it.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
According to Bild, Eintracht wants to fine him 100.000 for not showing up to training.
Like I said, he should show up, pretend everything is cool, then score an OG in the last minute of a game.

Nick7

According to Bild, Eintracht wants to fine him 100.000 for not showing up to training.
Like I said, he should show up, pretend everything is cool, then score an OG in the last minute of a game.
Great way to destroy his career.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
People tend to do that when other people breach contracts.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Great way to destroy his career.
He could delay it 'till the last game before the January window.
If he makes it look like an accident, maybe he can get away with it twice :D

It would hardly destroy his career. Other clubs wouldn't care. Look at Di Maria.

People tend to do that when other people breach contracts.
Yeah and players can play poorly *by accident* when their club fecks them over. Remember Messi strolling when he didn't get his move last summer?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah and players can play poorly *by accident* when their club fecks them over. Remember Messi strolling when he didn't get his move last summer?
It's open to interpretation, whether Frankfurt randomly decided con Kostic with the subtlety of a toddler, for no discernible reason. Like Di Marzio reported. Or whether Lazio had some kind of human or technical error, like Frankfurt claim and it was really Kostic, who acted in bad faith or based on faulty assumptions.

HisNameIsEarl

"We only had a mail 'Offerta per Filip Ostic'. There was no player with that name, so we ignored it."

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Some weeks later several more details emerged...

Allegedly there was an agreement between Frankfurt's DoF Hübner and Kostic' agent Ramadani regarding a possible transfer fee. That was in the realm what Lazio offered (along with a quite nice fee to Ramadani...). Problem is, Hübner was already gone when that offer came in and was replaced by Markus Krösche, who obviously had no knowledge of such an agreement (maybe he had, but why should he admit that?)

Ramadani also seems to have been the one who pushed Kostic to go on strike to force himself out of Frankfurt.

Result of this mess: Kostic fired Ramadani and might sign a contract extension in Frankfurt :lol:

https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a...latzter-wechsel-neue-details-zur-kostic-farce