Fred - £47m well spent

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

“Two days later, we received a official faxed bid of €60million from United, the room erupted into laughter. I told my assistant to fax back asking for €64million. Next morning a new bid arrived of €64million."
“I remember thinking had the World gone crazy, we had better players in our youth team. I ordered my assistant to open a bottle of champagne, it felt like we had won the Lottery.”
—Paulo Fonseca (Shakhtar Donestk manager)
That’s not a real quote.

passing-wind

He did the exact same thing to De Gea against Everton. I actually think half the cafe are deluded when it comes to assessing a midfielders performance. I've heard nonsense such as Fred being one of the best in the league, pivotal to the team etc. Fred is useful until it's required of this club to bridge top four to winning titles. He's no different from Lingard being useful in the top 6 but not having enough in his arsenal for anything further.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I rest my case. We don't need this level of player. Get rid please.
this is what I was saying in his performance thread, opposition teams let him have the ball and double up on Bruno/rashford/Greenwood etc because they know that he has no composure on the ball and he can’t pass under pressure.
He served a purpose when we were underdogs, now his lack of quality is showing.

Lee565

He needs to be binned, honestly je is just too erratic and I can count on one hand the amount of outstanding games he has had at the club in 3 seasons here, he's not worth the hassle, it's not like he's a martial or pogba where despite how much they have been frustrating for us most fans have always felt potentially there is a great united player in them, can you say that about fred?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If Deeney can see this and Solskjaer can't then that says everything about him as a manager.
this is what I was saying in his performance thread, opposition teams let him have the ball and double up on Bruno/rashford/Greenwood etc because they know that he has no composure on the ball and he can’t pass under pressure.
He served a purpose when we were underdogs, now his lack of quality is showing.
Those quotes by Deeney are nearly a year old and not him pilling on. He is a weak point and teams are exploiting it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The most painful thing about Fred is his price tag. I could look beyond the fact his second or third touch is a tackle 9 times out of 10. However, if we had put the £50m towards a better midfielder we'd be in a much better place as a team. He's a trier. He puts himself about. But as a midfield player he's one of the most limited to wear the Man Utd shirt in my lifetime.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I bet I’ll be the only one saying this: let’s give more support for him. The mistake was partially Maguire’s too. He can clearly see someone is coming from behind Fred and he still passed to him. And he should be more prepared to received it back too. And the back four wasn’t in a good formation to play the ball out. So I would say Fred wasn’t the only one at fault.

passing-wind

I rest my case. We don't need this level of player. Get rid please.
This is absolutely shocking. Good insight into the level of player he is. What type of central midfielder can't receive the ball when going into a half turn.

Lee565

When we lost Herrera for free a lot of fans said that it was fine because fred can easily replace his role but Herrera was never so erratic and careless as this guy.

thesheriffjw

Theres 2 midfielders in the leicester team who would easily displace fred.

Ndidi or tielemans. Proven PL midfielders

Loon

:lol:
He’s having the worst game I’ve seen him play in a while. Absolute shocker and Matic cannot bail him out.

Bad pass for the goal but he is totally isolated. We have two midfielders and he is the only one offering for the ball and at the same time the only one closing players down and tracking back. Matic is invisible, in the one position where it's almost impossible to be invisible.

Fred and McTominay play well together. Both play badly with Matic. It's not Fred who is the problem there.

Edit: surprise surprise its Matic who gets subbed.

TheMitz

Bad pass for the goal but he is totally isolated. We have two midfielders and he is the only one offering for the ball and at the same time the only one closing players down and tracking back. Matic is invisible, in the one position where it's almost impossible to be invisible.

Fred and McTominay play well together. Both play badly with Matic. It's not Fred who is the problem there.

Edit: surprise surprise its Matic who gets subbed.
What about the other 2 chances he gifted them in the first 20 minutes? He is very limited

What about the other 2 chances he gifted them in the first 20 minutes? He is very limited
Hes having a bad game no doubt, but where is his midfield partner? Nobody short of Xavi is going to look good in a midfield where your partner is constantly leaving you exposed.

Funnily enough hes been much better since McTominay came on.

TheMitz

Hes having a bad game no doubt, but where is his midfield partner? Nobody short of Xavi is going to look good in a midfield where your partner is constantly leaving you exposed.

Funnily enough hes been much better since McTominay came on.
Come on mate, you can't blame Matic for Fred's poor touch and passing.

izec

Not good enough on the ball and passing to ever be a United midfielder. Even defensively. Only has energy to run around, but if you are a headless chicken, that is pointless

Come on mate, you can't blame Matic for Fred's poor touch and passing.
I dont, but I do blame him for Fred frantically running around trying to do everything including showing for the ball in places he shouldn't be. It happens every time Matic plays.

Martialfc

Said he was useless all along and got slated on this forum. Well well well how the tables have turned....

Status
Not open for further replies.