5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

He is absolutely everywhere and that will have real value under a proper coach in a proper system. He is going to make us very hard to beat. He just covers so much ground.

I know so many don’t like him because he isn’t so great in possession but I love him. Chelsea midfield was sick looking at him today.
He does what every Man City and Liverpool midfielder does except has zero quality ad composure on the ball. You can’t have midfield players so dreadful in possession of the ball.
Persisting with the McFred partnership and refusing to sign a central midfielder is partly what cost Ole his job.
The next manager would do well to not make the same mistake.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
If we are going to shit on him performances we have to be present in here to say he played very well today. Both him and McT showed they are better with another midfielder behind them, unfortunately for us that deems our midfield totally redundant in an attacking sense.
Disagree, you just have to drop one of McFred, which isn't much of a conundrum.

He’s dogshit on the ball but I imagine he’ll play an important role over the coming months. At least until we can replace his work rate with a player with a few brain cells.
Fred should ideally be the worst midfielder on the ball to be able to play to his strengths. Right now, half the time he's our best, which is just sad.

SAFMUTD

He was absolutely great today, yes he missed that chance but on his job he was colossal he was everywhere.

Under proper coaching and with the right partner he can be a real asset.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He does what every Man City and Liverpool midfielder does except has zero quality ad composure on the ball. You can’t have midfield players so dreadful in possession of the ball.
Persisting with the McFred partnership and refusing to sign a central midfielder is partly what cost Ole his job.
The next manager would do well to not make the same mistake.
You absolutely can have a midfielder who isn’t the best on the ball in the right set up. He has a very unique set of skills that, if used correctly, will make us a very tough side to play against.

He is a very good player and a great option to have if we are going to be a pressing team.

A player like Fred will finally get his chance now under a proper coach, and I am backing him.

What failed Ole was his complete lack of ability to properly coach a top football team. It was nothing to do with Fred.

Last edited:

OverratedOpinion

Fred has proved in our poor moments where confidence is lacking that hard work is the great equalizer.

Will do well under Rangnick.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
People will obviously (rightly so) bollock him for that chip but otherwise he was grand. Rangnick's gonna love him.

Ludens the Red

You absolutely can have a midfielder who isn’t the best on the ball in the right set up. He has a very unique set of skills that, if used correctly, will make us a very tough side to play against.

He is a very good player and a great option to have if we are going to be a pressing team.

A player like Fred will finally get his chance now under a proper coach, and I am backing him.
Ah you see the problem is I didn’t say “isn’t the best” I said “dreadful in possession”. He’s the most dribbled past player in the league, granted today it didn’t happen that much. So he’s never going to be the best defensively. And he’s very very bad on the ball and in possession so is unlikely to contribute much going forward. The idea that we bring in someone to play behind Fred and play him more advanced is very scary. You kind of saw a glimpse of that today as you saw how abysmal and rabbit in the head lights he got whenever he got the ball in the final third.

Kopral Jono

Mendy was off his line. It was shoddily executed, but he had every right to try and chip the keeper from where he was. In my opinion it didn't take anything away from his performance today.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Massively overrated on here, but I reckon he will do well under Rangnick.

Good game today - not as good as the caf is making out of course, but solid. If he could just work on actually contributing in the final third, it would help him and us so much.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Ah you see the problem is I didn’t say “isn’t the best” I said “dreadful in possession”. He’s the most dribbled past player in the league, granted today it didn’t happen that much. So he’s never going to be the best defensively. And he’s very very bad on the ball and in possession so is unlikely to contribute much going forward. The idea that we bring in someone to play behind Fred and play him more advanced is very scary. You kind of saw a glimpse of that today as you saw how abysmal and rabbit in the head lights he got whenever he got the ball in the final third.
Exactly! Already, just the simple act of playing him in the correct position makes a massive difference. Imagine with some…coaching!

He was instrumental in us staying in the game today and would have been a nightmare to play against for Chelsea. He was out best player on the pitch today.

He just needs some guidance with his decisions in the final third, but he is probably the player I am most excited to see in the new setup. He will be a favourite and I think you will be seeing him differently by the end of the season.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
My man of the match today. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Excited to see him under a new manager

Ludens the Red

Exactly! Already, just the simple act of playing him in the correct position makes a massive difference. Imagine with some…coaching!

He was instrumental in us staying in the game today and would have been a nightmare to play against for Chelsea. He was out best player on the pitch today.

He just needs some guidance with his decisions in the final third, but he is probably the player I am most excited to see in the new setup. He will be a favourite and I think you will be seeing him differently by the end of the season.
Admire your optimism but this is one I’d take to the grave. He will never get to that level. His basic level technique as a footballer just isn’t anywhere near the required standard no matter how hard he works or is coached.

KeanoMagicHat

A good performance but that moment at the end, just keep going, don't stop still. Killed the chance.

Footyislife

As I've said all along, if you play modern football, Fred is worth his weight in gold. Pair him with VDB temporarily and long term a proper CM and just watch the magic unfold.

He's a slightly less athletic Kante, but with a little better passing/vision skills. Very valuable if used properly & coached on how to pass out of a press.

Faetheshire86

I feel like he is the only player in our team currently who can successfully press. It can lead to him looking ill-disciplined at times, because the rest of the midfield and defence are sitting back.

I think he will benefit from Rangnick's "hunting in packs" philosophy. The worry is how he will cope on the ball. I just hope that with a little more structure and focus he will be fine.

united for life

Our motm. Did a great job pressing throughout the pitch. If put next to a player who knows how to take care of organising play and pass, fred can be a real asset to this team.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Don't particularly rate him generally but he is by far the best half of the McFred duo.

SirScholes

I actually want to fight him, what was the attempt to chip the goalkeeper??
All over this, what the actual feck, sums him up all over
Great he wins the ball and then immediately makes one of the most stupid decisions of the season

Toad

personally I think he will thrive under Rangnick with pressing, I just think he needs more support instead of slow McTominay and Matic next to him.

SirScholes

As I've said all along, if you play modern football, Fred is worth his weight in gold. Pair him with VDB temporarily and long term a proper CM and just watch the magic unfold.

He's a slightly less athletic Kante, but with a little better passing/vision skills. Very valuable if used properly & coached on how to pass out of a press.
Nah sadly his product on the ball is not high enough, good enough until we get an upgrade

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Fridge was great today, pressed well, defended well and was all over the pitch like a rash!

SirScholes

Mendy was off his line. It was shoddily executed, but he had every right to try and chip the keeper from where he was. In my opinion it didn't take anything away from his performance today.
Was it not 3-2 in our favour with Ronaldo one of the 3? Mendy is a giant and Fred can’t shoot

it was absolutely the wrong choice

Andersons Dietician

See if that chip had come off and wasn’t a typically Fred effort, scenes.

He was pretty good and I think that is his best role. He was allowed more freedom to press and hunt and he did a great job. I love that at one point he got in a duel with Loftus and won as last season I think it was Loftus treated him like a rag doll.

He was great pressing and causing issues and had one or two really good passes but then there were also oppertunities for him to make something happen where he should have done better. The break with Rashford. Not sure why he’s not dragging that defender out and slipping it down the defenders left for Rashford to open up his legs. He just seemed to play the pass too early and it wasn’t even a good pass.

That chip… I know he’s Brazilian but he’s a Brazilian named Fred.

SirScholes

Lingard never got himself in a good position. I have been wanting to watch it again to see if the Ronaldo option was on (if it was then obviously that's what Fred should have went for).
Give them a second to move, he’s a terrible finisher and doesn’t have the skill to pull it off, run towards the defence to make them leave their markers, wait for a run, play a wall pass, do anything but that. That’s Fred in a nutshell, poor poor decision maker

SirScholes

He had no pass on. Lingard and Ronaldo should have done better.
Utter bollocks

then move towards goal, make the Chelsea defence make a choice, do you think Ronaldo and lingard would of stood still

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
All over this, what the actual feck, sums him up all over
Great he wins the ball and then immediately makes one of the most stupid decisions of the season
it’s a split second decision. he looked to pass it and saw the passing lanes were cut off and thought that was the best option.

we know fred isn’t the worlds greatest goal scorer unfortunately, but he earnt the chance to mess it up by doing the hard work in the first place.

he should have obviously knocked it forward and blasted it but it is what it is.

he had a great game today. loved his steal on RLC.

Zoo

Utter bollocks

then move towards goal, make the Chelsea defence make a choice, do you think Ronaldo and lingard would of stood still
But Lingard and Ronaldo are at fault here as well, more IMO as this is their bread and butter and they were fresh. . They could have done better so it’s not utter bollocks is it?

SirScholes

it’s a split second decision. he looked to pass it and saw the passing lanes were cut off and thought that was the best option.

we know fred isn’t the worlds greatest goal scorer unfortunately, but he earnt the chance to mess it up by doing the hard work in the first place.

he should have obviously knocked it forward and blasted it but it is what it is.

he had a great game today. loved his steal on RLC.
No he should of moved forward and allowed Ronaldo and lingard time to move at the very least as you said he’d of had a better shot on
It was a shite decision

Devil may care

Like McTominay this type of game suited Fred as the only job was run around and graft, no composure, ability on the ball or positional sense required, they did fine with what was requested but Matic was superior to both, if only he'd got that ball at the end.

SirScholes

But Lingard and Ronaldo are at fault here as well, more IMO as this is their bread and butter and they were fresh. . They could have done better so it’s not utter bollocks is it?
How long did he have the ball for? 2 seconds?
what do you mean their bread and butter? Haha and if it’s movement then allow them time to move

to put it another way he passed it straight to mendy who could them hoof it back into our half! And totally relieve them of any panic

Zoo

How long did he have the ball for? 2 seconds?
what do you mean their bread and butter? Haha and if it’s movement then allow them time to move

to put it another way he passed it straight to mendy who could them hoof it back into our half! And totally relieve them of any panic
Lingard pulled wide then half heartedly tried to offer Fred a run, instead of darting he just jogged. That probably made Fred’s mind up to go for it himself and we know he barely has any end product. It was a collective feck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.