Fred image 17

Fred Brazil flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitter thread suggester
Ridiculous how little our players are worth.
come on Saudis!

RuudTom83

Fred only has 1 year left on his contract...probably easier for everyone involved to just stay at United.

He will get games and is not as bad as everyone likes to joke.

Based Adnan

He's up there with the likes of Fellaini, Young, Smalling, Mata, Darmian etc that were all at the club for far longer than they should have been

Sylar

Fred only has 1 year left on his contract...probably easier for everyone involved to just stay at United.

He will get games and is not as bad as everyone likes to joke.
Think he would be a useful sub to bring on, even though hes really hit and miss, which can be problematic at times.
Thought he did well in the preseason game, but of course, his fitness is above a few in general so it will help him stand out especially against tiring legs or those who arent up to it yet.

Based Adnan

If he was half as good as some on here think better clubs than Fulham and Galatasaray would be in for him. Hopefully we can get it sorted quickly.

flappyjay

He's a £10m player. Maybe £15m because of his PL and international experience. But with 1 year left on his contract, £5m is fair.

Fred's weirdly overrated on this forum.
Basically to you he is a championship player at best.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It will be amazing if he goes for 5m for all the praise from some fans about his ability. He was basically midfield Maguire and some people refused to see it.

Midfielder who can't pass and shot, and he isn't smart either.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I hope someone coughs up 10m for him, would be an amazing deal. We could then buy a solid Casemiro back up

tomaldinho1

It will be amazing if he goes for 5m for all the praise from some fans about his ability. He was basically midfield Maguire and some people refused to see it.

Midfielder who can't pass and shot, and he isn't smart either.
A crazy stat about Fred is under Ragnick he scored or assisted 25% of all our goals.

tomaldinho1

You could always find surprising stats over short period in football tbf.
I like Fred, when a manager has played him in the position he’s best in, CM in front of a DM, he’s been a handy squad player and chipped in with good goals and assists. I feel like his reputation was tarnished by the years the club wasted under Mou and Ole but he’s actually been good last couple of seasons.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like Fred, when a manager has played him in the position he’s best in, CM in front of a DM, he’s been a handy squad player and chipped in with good goals and assists. I feel like his reputation was tarnished by the years the club wasted under Mou and Ole but he’s actually been good last couple of seasons.
He is very inconsistent, and I really doubt Ten Hag would sell him if he thought he is even good squad player. Why would Ten Hag get rid of him?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He is very inconsistent, and I really doubt Ten Hag would sell him if he thought he is even good squad player. Why would Ten Hag get rid of him?
Personally I think he is actually a very good squad player. I would question if Eriksen will be a better squad player than him. But for whatever reason ETH doesn't rate him, and with one year on the contract I think we can still get some money back.

Glorio

Fred, a key midfielder in a team that regularly challenges for top 4 at least, should not be going for less than £25M in my opinion. And that's simply because of his age and the single year left on his contract.

IHateTheEightyEights

Fred is the worst starter we've had at the club in a very long time. Not even close if we go consecutive seasons. Crazy how the same United fans who complain about Rashford, AWB and De Gea's ability on the ball but think Fred, who can't be counted on to pass the ball five yards sideways, is good.

The sooner we get rid, the better. Should have never been here for so long.

Also, please everyone stop with the "X United player will be better at a team who sit back". We've been doing that for years and it didn't make Maguire or Fred look good, so why would they look good doing the same thing in a worse team

tomaldinho1

Not yet, but considering the clubs that are interested it's probably not far from truth. 30 year old and only Turkish clubs interested in him.
He's got a year left and is 30 so it won't be a big fee but we're holding out for £20m apparently. I doubt we'd sell him for £5m, would be more valuable in the team

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He's got a year left and is 30 so it won't be a big fee but we're holding out for £20m apparently. I doubt we'd sell him for £5m, would be more valuable in the team
:lol: No one is going to pay that for him and he earns more than 100 k per week.
Hopefully Saudis can take him, they may pay 12-15 mil max as a fee to us.

Trex

Because ETH like technical and intelligent midfielders. I've seen Fred play the ball out of the pitch with no teammate in that direction. He just not someone you can trust on the ball. I like him though in the right system like a Conte type set up he'll be very good as a box to box midfielder with a DM behind and a play maker next to him.

Brightonian

Quite right too. We just sold Elanga, a glorified U21 player, for £15m. If we were buying Fred he'd cost us £40m. £20m is a sensible price to ask for. Fine if some of that is reasonable add-ons.

At £5m we might as well just keep him for a year and let him go on a free next season. That's peanuts to us, and worthless to help fund a replacement.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's a £10m player. Maybe £15m because of his PL and international experience. But with 1 year left on his contract, £5m is fair.

No. He's a good player and worth at least £15m irrespective of the contract situation.

Dannn411

If Elanga is going for £15m then Fred should go for at least that much too if not more.

Trex

Quite right too. We just sold Elanga, a glorified U21 player, for £15m. If we were buying Fred he'd cost us £40m. £20m is a sensible price to ask for. Fine if some of that is reasonable add-ons.

At £5m we might as well just keep him for a year and let him go on a free next season. That's peanuts to us, and worthless to help fund a replacement.
Keep in mind Fred's age, quality and contract length.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

If Elanga is going for £15m then Fred should go for at least that much too if not more.
Fred is 9 years older than Elanga.
Also Fred earns 20 times more than Elanga.

Status
Not open for further replies.