Fred as back up left back?

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I think everyone can agree Williams isnt really up to it yet and with Shaws injuries we need a solution there. We've got so many other positions we need to strengthen, feels like it's a low priority but important issue.

Fred has some really good attributes, but he's just too much of a mixed bag for CM. He's got a huge engine and get up and down the pitch all day but can do so in sprints like you want from a full back, he's fast so should be able to use that well in the wide areas both offensively and defensively, has good if erratic passing, and has a good left foot whip to get crosses in.

Think he'd be much better used there, and could potentially be a very good player there. Similar to how Pep used Delph, Zinchenko and Milner adjusting their role slightly. Sometimes being a bit more creative in how we use players and the formations can help get more out of a weak squad.

Jibbs

Ole does not have it in him to transform players let alone a player who struggles with game time and lacks confidence

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ole does not have it in him to transform players let alone a player who struggles with game time and lacks confidence
Based on fecking what? :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Pretty sure TFM can play both full back positions. Why not just use a full back as a full back?

Also, I agree Fred would be badly exposed there. He's already a bit dodgy in the middle of the park.

Tiber

Im not convinced by fred is the solution at CM, but I doubt the plan B is to move him to fullback

UDontMessWith24

This depends. If there is a backup left back that we have identified in the transfer market and are making efforts to sign, definitely get Fred ready to play left back.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So far what we have seen of Ole. He has never experimented with positions.
Why would that mean he doesn't have it in him to do so? Klopp, as far as I know, hasn't converted any players at Liverpool to play somewhere else. Does that mean he also wouldn't be capable of it? Not to mention that something like that would be far more down to coaches than the manager.

There are so many posts on here lately just sticking the boot in on Ole completely out of the blue in topics that barely have anything to do with him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sergio Reguilon is potentially available for 25m pounds. That's nothing especially if we can earn 20m pounds from selling Smalling this year. Spend 20m-25m pounds on left back and keep Fred in midfield.

MikeeMike

I think everyone can agree Williams isnt really up to it yet and with Shaws injuries we need a solution there. We've got so many other positions we need to strengthen, feels like it's a low priority but important issue.

Fred has some really good attributes, but he's just too much of a mixed bag for CM. He's got a huge engine and get up and down the pitch all day but can do so in sprints like you want from a full back, he's fast so should be able to use that well in the wide areas both offensively and defensively, has good if erratic passing, and has a good left foot whip to get crosses in.

Think he'd be much better used there, and could potentially be a very good player there. Similar to how Pep used Delph, Zinchenko and Milner adjusting their role slightly. Sometimes being a bit more creative in how we use players and the formations can help get more out of a weak squad.
Left Back in the changing room.

Dve

Not a left back, but Fred would suit 4-4-1-2 or the diamond. Fred´s energy is what we are missing when we play Pogba and Matic.

RussellWilson

Genius or idiot?

thesheriffjw

No no no.

Freds first touch is more like fred wests.

Not good enough, for a starting position in the team let alone left back

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No no no.

He should be starting in this squad, just not at LB

Oranges038

No no no.

In fairness to Fred West he at least kept them within reach after the first touch.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Genius or idiot?
Foolish I think, Fred is not good with one on one situation which shown today. Good delivery with his crossing but defensively he will be beaten by wingers, wingers can and like to dribble one on one.

RussellWilson

He played left back and we won 9 nil. I'm declaring myself a genius.

Lee565

I think there is potential for him to be good as a left wing back though not entirely sure he can be a left back much like blind was good at left wing back but suspect as a left back in a back 4.

Siorac

We should try Shaw in midfield and Fred at left-back. It will confuse opponents.

Bwuk

I think he can play there, but I can’t imagine a situation where we would need him too.

Weve got Shaw, Telles and Williams who can all play there ahead of him.

Okey

No need for this bump. This was a strange game and Ole still wanted Fred's energy in the game. There wasn't much to do at LB so it was a nominal role. We do have a back up left back, and a good one too, in Alex Telles.