Fred is one of the most underrated players in England

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
He seems to be playing really well & on a consistent basic. Pogba should be transferred in January though!

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
A £40mil player should be able to pass a ball to his own team mate.. this seems beyond Fred. Yes he works hard and wins the ball... then gives it straight back to the opposition.. he is a weak link.

he isn’t man united quality..
by that logic you need to ship out Pogba and Bruno too. Problems are elsewhere. We can´t sustain any pressure and make enough movement to get out of it as a result. Fred brigns a lot to the table, actually is one of our best players let me tell you - the same way Kante was important for Leicester/Chelsea, Fred is for us but keep talking nonsense

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s a collective effort mate. You can’t say he’s been good and the others bad when most of his passes find the opposing players
The guy is even in our player of the month nomination alongside Bruno & Rashford and you are telling me he hasn’t been good??

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The guy is even in our player of the month nomination alongside Bruno & Rashford and you are telling me he hasn’t been good??
I'm saying he isn't good enough especially for the role he's supposed to be undertaking.A great DM wins the ball and passes to the creative player.Fred wins the ball superbly at times then passes it to their creative players.

DevTheRed

It’s been said a few times already but he should not be starting by himself at the base of a diamond, someone like Matic suits this role far better.

I think if Matic was at the base with Fred and one of Pogba/VDB/Fernandes in front would’ve seen a much better result.

I think Fred has his qualities which is good tackling, pressing and using his pace to break with the ball, but doesn’t have the composure to start at the base.

That being said, if we want to challenge for titles an upgrade on Matic, a deep lying playmaker, is certainly needed!

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I think he's one of the most overrated players in England. He gives the ball away way too much, panics as soon as he's pressed and all around just isn't very good. There was a moment yesterday in the second half where someone played the ball back and he just stopped running and let an Arsenal player run onto it and attack. It was like his brain malfunctioned.

He's one of those players though that fans will always love because you can see he gives it everything he's got so naturally fans of the club gravitate towards him but as a neutral fan I think guys like Fred are the reason you don't win anything any more and if you ever want to compete for the title you need to seriously improve upon him. It shouldn't be the case that a starting midfielder for Manchester United would struggle to even make the bench at Liverpool and City.

poleglass red

I like his work ethic, I just don't rate him a footballer. His passing is poor, his first touch is poor, he's too easily pushed of the ball. We've 2 defensive mids right now performing the role of one good one. Ideally Matic would play base of the diamond as he is much more composed, but he offers no defensive cover to the central defenders due to lack of mobility.

Robbie Boy

He's good at performing a certain role but given what he cost, he has huge limitations. Look at someone like Partey who plays with a similar engine but can also pass the ball and doesn't consistently give it away.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I like his work ethic, I just don't rate him a footballer. His passing is poor, his first touch is poor, he's too easily pushed of the ball. We've 2 defensive mids right now performing the role of one good one. Ideally Matic would play base of the diamond as he is much more composed, but he offers no defensive cover to the central defenders due to lack of mobility.
We need a younger version of Matic. Mind you we knew this in the summer and didn’t bother, instead buying a back up to Bruno

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm saying he isn't good enough especially for the role he's supposed to be undertaking.A great DM wins the ball and passes to the creative player.Fred wins the ball superbly at times then passes it to their creative players.
‘’At times’’ 15% of times unsuccessful but 85% he was able to find Bruno & Pogba, that 15% didn’t cost us that’s what I’m trying to tell you. Not his fault that when Bruno & Pogba received the pass from Fred, they were the ones couldn’t execute the ball to our forwards which what cost us.

romufc

We need a younger version of Matic. Mind you we knew this in the summer and didn’t bother, instead buying a back up to Bruno
Since when do Manutd do things that seem obvious?

We needed a RW for 7 years, we bought Alexis when we had 2 LW.
We needed a fast CB and bought Maguire
We needed CDM and bought CAM

Ole is to blame for alot of things but if you really look at it, he is being forced to fit all these players who want to play a free role into a system.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
‘’At times’’ 15% of times unsuccessful but 85% he was able to find Bruno & Pogba, that 15% didn’t cost us that’s what I’m trying to tell you. Not his fault that when Bruno & Pogba received the pass from Fred, they were the ones couldn’t execute the ball to our forwards which what cost us.
Look at @Robbie Boy s post

MetoTTT

Since when do Manutd do things that seem obvious?

We needed a RW for 7 years, we bought Alexis when we had 2 LW.
We needed a fast CB and bought Maguire
We needed CDM and bought CAM

Ole is to blame for alot of things but if you really look at it, he is being forced to fit all these players who want to play a free role into a system.
Which CDM OGS wanted? He wanted Grealish.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If Hargreaves and Kante are tens, he's a seven at best in that role. EIght on a good day.

glazed

Hargreaves a ten? WTF? Are you talking about his Bayern career?
His first season at United as well. I know he was injured most of the time, but he was fantastic when fit. I think we won virtually every time he played.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His first season at United as well. I know he was injured most of the time, but he was fantastic when fit. I think we won virtually every time he played.
He was constantly injured, often played in positions other than central midfield and very rarely hit any kind of consistent form. You have low standards if that’s a ten.

glazed

He was constantly injured, often played in positions other than central midfield and very rarely hit any kind of consistent form. You have low standards if that’s a ten.
Maybe my memory is playing tricks. He shone at first. I think we had quite a good season iirc. And he was amazing at Bayern and with England. I felt he was a world class player wrecked by our medical department and SAF pushing him to play through injury. , Maybe he was always injury prone.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/...ent-of-owen-hargreaves-and-dread-of-injuries/

lsd

The Oracle
Matic is better than both Fred and McTominay.

romufc

Which CDM OGS wanted? He wanted Grealish.
It's something called balance?

Balance in a football team is one of the most important things.

Lets have a look at the players he targetted.

Grealish and Sancho - two players who can hold the ball and not lose it. Grealish is probably the best at being pressed and still coming out with the ball or freekick. The reason we couldn't get out was because Pogba, McTominay, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood always lost the ball.

Greenwood cannot play RW.

RedorDead21

Matic is better than both Fred and McTominay.
I'd say you can throw a net over all of them as they all have certain qualities and weaknesses, our problem is I don't believe any of them would be regulars for a team with ambitions of winning the PL. Partey looked like a solid Matic replacement but we brought in Beek as a rotation option. There are prob players outside the top 6 better than each of them.

meninred

Fred is an average midfielder maybe in the same class as Rodri or Jorginiho.

lsd

The Oracle
I'd say you can throw a net over all of them as they all have certain qualities and weaknesses, our problem is I don't believe any of them would be regulars for a team with ambitions of winning the PL. Partey looked like a solid Matic replacement but we brought in Beek as a rotation option. There are prob players outside the top 6 better than each of them.

Difference is when Matic plays you don't need to put another holding midfielder beside him whereas Fred and McTominay have to both play to do the same job.

Zoo

It was nice to see McManaman praising him today.

Untd55

Fred is easily our second best midfielder. We have some good players left for when we get a pressing manager with Fred, De Beek, and Fernandes.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Maybe my memory is playing tricks. He shone at first. I think we had quite a good season iirc. And he was amazing at Bayern and with England. I felt he was a world class player wrecked by our medical department and SAF pushing him to play through injury. , Maybe he was always injury prone.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/...ent-of-owen-hargreaves-and-dread-of-injuries/
He did have a good first season, but mostly when played on the right. He was quite poor in central midfield.

Machine Elements

Why people are acting like he's a DM and judging him as one? Comparing with Rodri, Matic or Hargreaves? He was even playing as a CAM like an advanced playmaker a couple of years ago. Now he's a midfield dynamo. Neither of Fred or McTominay are defensive midfielders. Maybe they're defensive minded but both are centre midfielders played in double pivot with defensive duties. Our only defensive midfielder as a 6 is Matic.

He's not a DM. He almost never plays as one.

el3mel

Can't believe people actually turned on him just because of one poor game.

This season he has been absolutely fantastic. I was never one of his biggest fans when we signed him but he totally won me over as it went on. Cracking midfielder.