Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Would love to know what's happened here. Absurd we kept chasing him if he didn't want to come, I was certain there was some thinking behind it, but I guess we really are that clueless.

SambaBoy

The only possibility of a "good" window is Casemiro and FDJ.

We're kidding ourselves if Casemiro and Fred is even considered a top 4 challenger.
Hit the nail on the head here.

I can understand United fans getting excited about Casemiro, but it still doesn't solve our midfield issues. We need 2-3 CM's in this window.

croadyman

We're kidding ourselves if Casemiro and Fred is even considered a top 4 challenger.

I can understand United fans getting excited about Casemiro, but it still doesn't solve our midfield issues. We need 2-3 CM's in this window.
Well Casemiro is your DM and Eriksen is a CM, however still need that playmaker too

WPMUFC

Casemiro should be our experienced rock that lets an FDJ take the ball and shine. I think he improves Fred, but to improve from 6th we need FDJ.

croadyman

I think one other thing that the casemiro deal does for us in case we're still in for him is the ability to take this to the wire, barca don't hold all the chips anymore and we don't need to panic buy anymore .

At this point I guess we'd just have to wait till deadline, barca still need him to reduce his wages and I don't think he's gonna do that, no other team mist be in for him either because Chelsea would have just gotten him by this point.
True but we still need someone for Casemiro to give that ball to who can advance it through midfield effectively

Red the Bear

Something less generic
True but we still need someone for Casemiro to give that ball to who can advance it through midfield effectively
Eriksen could take up that role, he played much deeper in his stint with Brentford so a possibility.

Alfie092

Is there even a slim chance we can get FDJ and Casemiro this window :(

FDJ is the one I want the most but I know we need a play like Casemiro too but if we only get Casemiro we still need a progressive player like FDJ!

I thought for a change with us dragging this FDJ saga out, we actually have some sort of strategy...

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina

FDJ is the one I want the most but I know we need a play like Casemiro too but if we only get Casemiro we still need a progressive player like FDJ!

I thought for a change with us dragging this FDJ saga out, we actually have some sort of strategy...
Casemiro and FDJ will probably make United’s midfield the best, or at least top 3 midfield in Europe. I was leaning towards Chelsea before but now I am hoping to see FDJ to United so that I can see this midfield

Infra-red

No. It's pretty obvious that the FdJ money has been reassigned to Casemiro. The club had to move on from De Jong eventually. We were all worried that they might not, but it seems they have finally seen sense.

If we can get Casemiro over the line, we still need a forward, a RB and a #2 goalkeeper, so plenty of work ahead.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
As long as you still have faith, Brownie, it feels like there’s still a chance. Somehow. What a fecking midfield that would be. Them two. Wow. We could beat anyone with those guys.
Well looks like Casemiro is nearly done... wonder if that will be a little nudge to get de Jong into action and get him here haha.

This isn't over yet I feel. He's still ten Hags main target and I think he's going to go in strong soon

MegadrivePerson

Fred plays really well for Brazil alongside Casemiro.

I don't think we have any chance of getting in the top four this season, however we do have a very good chance of winning the Europa League. That's the easiest route for us back in to Champions League football next season. We are very lucky that West Ham didn't win on the last day of last season!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Well looks like Casemiro is nearly done... wonder if that will be a little nudge to get de Jong into action and get him here haha.

This isn't over yet I feel. He's still ten Hags main target and I think he's going to go in strong soon
You think? I’ve got to say this last week has taken its toll, the result, the stupid transfer tour of Europe, same old signing big names for big money, and all the takeover stuff, bottom of the league becoming a laughing stock. I’m down, and I’m not sure I believe anymore even though I want to. Seems reasonable to assume the FDJ money is buying Casemiro. That’s great but I don’t know if he is a ETH player and we go back to square pegs in rounds holes, eventually losing ETH in the process.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

If he doesn’t come this summer i can see FDJ moving in Jan or next Summer to us.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Part of me wishes we didn’t let EtH push for FDJ so much until it’s almost too late.

If we get out next signings done as quickly as the Casemiro deal has gone through, I’d say well done to Murtough and Co. He’s done very well if he can get EtH’s next targets through the door. Just the FDJ deal soured it a lil.

SAFMUTD

Yeah this one is not happening, let's see how Barca handles this. After all they need to sell or him to drop his wages right?

CM

The funds should still be there in theory if we've made an €80m bid for Antony, but I don't think it's likely we'll be putting big money towards another midfielder. Barcelona/de Jong have dragged their feet on this for too long and I think we've given up the ghost.

If there was even a small chance of it still happening I'd rather see that Antony money redistributed to de Jong and go for a cheaper winger. Casemiro and de Jong would be incredible, even if the rest of the team around them would be a bit shit.

Chief123

The fact we’re trying to blow a shit load on Anthony right now tells you there’s zero chance of FDJ happening now.

There’s no chance we’re going to spend around £180m on these 3. Even if we don’t get Antony, it shows we don’t have belief FDJ will happen.

Sadly FDJ muppet train is out of steam.

NLunited

Casemiro in and then Anthony for 90 million. Anthony is better then the cheaper alternatives.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Would be funny if Chelsea just got him instead, what an embarrassment.

Say what you want about those leaches but they never had us embarrassed like this.
You do know we agreed a deal with Barca right? We also agreed to pay his wages. The only issue was he prefers Champions League football and his gf prefers Barca to Manchester. She maybe wants to go to London over Manchester as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Casemiro, De Jong and Eriksen is arguably a top 3 midfield in the world. If this goes through the protests on Monday will be from the scousers.

Chief123

I’ve still got a bad feeling he’ll be a chelsea player before the end of the window once we’ve spent our funds on other players.

Strats

Don´t see how the feck we'd manage to afford Casemiro, Antony(seems like we are going in for a new bid after £80m was rejected) and De Jong without any outgoings.

We also paid a hefty price for Martinez.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Expect Chelsea to make another big effort to sign him after the news of Kantes injury.

r1z3mu

I think many people read this transfer wrong way.

These are the steps that were taken (in my opinion):

1. Contact player to see if he is open to join our club.
2. If yes, talk to club and agree on fee.
3. If 1 and 2 agreed, start finalizing deal.

** You can also swap 1 and 2 - doesn't matter.

I think number 3 is where this deal has failed.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
You do know we agreed a deal with Barca right? We also agreed to pay his wages. The only issue was he prefers Champions League football and his gf prefers Barca to Manchester. She maybe wants to go to London over Manchester as well.
Meant being embarrassed due to not being to register a player whom we agreed a deal with and announced.
They could possibly lose out on kounde.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Meant being embarrassed due to not being to register a player whom we agreed a deal with and announced.
They could possibly lose out on kounde.
They can't lose out on Kounde. Moving on a free was only clauses for Kessie and Christensen. Kounde they paid money for so he isn't leaving even if he isn't registered soon.

Kramer

I hope we get FDJ on loan with an obligation to buy next summer. Properly bring Barca to their fecking knees (assuming they’re desperate for cash).

But with Casemiro incoming and us wanting to spend 80M on Antony this summer (if Ajax accept), there’s no chance the Glazers spend 80M euros on FDJ ontop of that outlay.

Status
Not open for further replies.