Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Antony too would turn this team into title contenders on paper.
Personally would be over the moon with them two and any cheap left footed RW. Do find it interesting that there still hasn't been strong links to any other player in this area.

On the other hand need to hear from the usual suspects we are still looking for a second midfielder before window closes.

OrcaFat

I highly doubt it. Good players are obviously needed we'd also need to learn to play as a team. Because our opponents do it and look how good they look on the pitch. Even without the Casemiros and FDJs of this world. There is still a long way to go. Fixing midfield is big thing, granted. Maybe even the biggest. But certainly not the only one which is stopping us from the biggest successes.
You doubt it all you want!

arnie_ni

Pay fdj whatever salary it takes for him to forget about the money he is owed and bring him in. They'd be perfect together.

Our midfield is our biggest weakness.

Woodzy

I would get zero work done in Barcelona. You'd have to send me with a chaperone.
I worked in Barcelona and can confirm. We used start work at 10am, go for a beer at lunch at like 2pm then finish at 6pm to only end up going for more beers.

Also insisted on having a breakfast break at 11am even though we had barely started work.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If ever there was the chance to sell FDJ a 'project' it's now.

Can't see this kind of outlay being on the cards, but it would be the biggest bolstering of a Manchester United midfield I've ever known should it come to pass.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seal this and we’d go from having the worst midfield in the league to the best (on paper). Bonkers.

Probably less than a 5% chance of it happening now though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope Frenkie is very happy on the Benchalona.

RedDevilMachine

What is holding back this deal? Barca needs the money, we're offering a good transfer fee. Barca is refusing to pay him millions for what exactly?

Laurencio

I think he's making a huge mistake staying.
He's in for a couple of years of abuse for sure. Barca will blame him for their economic situation when he refuses to renegotiate his contract for a lower wage.

Laurencio

I can't imagine staying somewhere when your employer has publicly tried to force you out all summer.
They've not only done that, they have launched a full scale media campaign against him as well. That's fecked up. Their own fans are booing and hurling abuse at him when he arrives for matches and training. He has unbelievable mental fortitude to be able to deal with all this and still perform exceptionally well. Which only makes me want him more :lol:

Highfather_24

Defeats the whole purpose of signing De Jong, otherwise we'll be playing him in the same role as Barcelona.
FdJ can easily play the Kroos role alongside Casemiro. FdJ wants to be the first player to receive the ball from the CBs, and Casemiro is not that player, but Busquets is. Casemiro would add much needed discipline, physicality and defensive ability next to him.

worldinmotion66

If the money is in fact there for Antony, then it's still there for De Jong if he wants to come. It would be waaay more prudent to spend that kind of money on de Jong.

We can always loan a decent attacking player and give youngsters a chance. We may yet be stuck with ronaldo this season anyway and have a few good young players that I'd be happy to give minutes to. Even with Casemiro, De Jong is the one that transforms us into a proper functioning side

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Defeats the whole purpose of signing De Jong, otherwise we'll be playing him in the same role as Barcelona.
No it doesn’t. FDJ is a playmaker. It will free up FDJ even more to make those forward runs he is known for if he knows someone like Casemiro is behind him cleaning up.

DevTheRed

What is holding back this deal? Barca needs the money, we're offering a good transfer fee. Barca is refusing to pay him millions for what exactly?
Judging from the posts that him and his fiancé put on Instagram I think they’re both honestly happy in Barcelona. Recently engaged I think the last thing they wanna do is swap that for Manchester.. and to be honest I don’t really blame them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.