Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Said it in the Casemiro thread but I'm not sure him and FDJ would really work as a pair. Similar to the problems FDJ has with Busquets Casemiro's natural position covers the same areas that FDJ wants to receive that ball in

Feel like a better partner for FDJ would be someone like Rice (ironically if we've now given Chelsea a free run at him that could well be their midfield next season)
Not sure how you came to the conclusion Rice would be any better than Casemiro with FDJ, based on your first paragraph.

Chairman Steve

If this pulls off along with Casemiro (again, even some oil sheikh would laugh and tell you thats pure fantasy), can we speculate that a certain Jim Ratcliffe has his hand in this? Not necessarily giving us money but encouraging us to spend the Glazers as soon enough it’s going to be covered?

Also doesn’t a potential amount for both Casemiro and FDJ come to like £130m combined based on prices flying around at the moment? Yeah get fecked West Ham with your similar price tag on fecking Declan Rice.

city-puma

Barca will have to pay him for full amount as I can see how the end plays out eventually. Stick to the contract as if nothing happened. They have to give in order to get.

DavelinaJolie

If this pulls off along with Casemiro (again, even some oil sheikh would laugh and tell you thats pure fantasy), can we speculate that a certain Jim Ratcliffe has his hand in this? Not necessarily giving us money but encouraging us to spend the Glazers as soon enough it’s going to be covered?
I very much doubt it.

kirk buttercup

I know it's crazy. But I have a feeling Frenkie might end up being a United player this summer. We would go from one of the worst midfield pairings to one of the best. One can dream

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure how you came to the conclusion Rice would be any better than Casemiro with FDJ, based on your first paragraph.
Because anyone who watches Rice play knows he doesn't sit in the 6 position

lex talionis

feck attackers, FDJ, Casemiro, Eriksen, Bruno in midfield
Love it...up to a point. I have my doubts Bruno will ever fit into ETH's tactics. He likes to freely roam, making daring passes and going on wild goose chases, which is the antithesis of everything Erik ten Hag believes in. It might not be so hard on the eye if we give Van de Beek a propoer runout under the same manager in which he excelled in and which was presumably why we bought him.

But yeah, if we're allowed to dream during this nightmare Casemiro deep, Frenkie and Christian further up and either Bruno or Donny up top behind the striker...oh my.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

Now that's how these threads are supposed to work. Player hears of interest. Publicly gives the yay or nay, we move.

Not like this de Jong crap where he's given no indication he's coming.

charlenefan

Now that's how these threads are supposed to work. Player hears of interest. Publicly gives the yay or nay, we move.

tbf Real aren't a mess of a club who don't pay their players what they're contractually owed

RedPed

Whatabouter.
tbf Real aren't a mess of a club who don't pay their players what they're contractually owed
He still could've said "I'm flattered by the interest. Would love to join a great club like United but I'm in the shit right now." Yada, yada, yada.

charlenefan

He still could've said "I'm flattered by the interest. Would love to join a great club like United but I'm in the shit right now."
He literally couldn't, he's had to keep absolutely quiet if he wants his 17m

charlenefan

That's just BS. He's contractually owed it.
The Dutch fella on sky explained it all, had FDJ publicly commented on leaving it would of hurt his case to get what he is due

Watch the video

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The Dutch fella on sky explained it all, had FDJ publicly commented on leaving it would of hurt his case to get what he is due

Watch the video
So....back to the original point, you're basically confirming he ain't coming.

OrcaFat

We do need both... we need both to ensure that the midfield is sorted for a while at least.

I think that we'll see something happen with this before the window closes, either United go in with a new bid, or Frenkie gives the green light and we go all out
As long as you still have faith, Brownie, it feels like there’s still a chance. Somehow. What a fecking midfield that would be. Them two. Wow. We could beat anyone with those guys.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
So we sign Casemiro in 24hrs and have been fecking around with de jong for how many months now ?

Should have set a deadline when the squad flew out to asia for preseason.

DutchCruijff

We need a win vs Liverpool.

Would help push this along. Barca are going to take this to the wire. They're not passing up on €85m.

He's on €500K a week. Staying till January will cost them another €10m.

What COULD see this resolved is if United meet Barca halfway in covering salary.

I feel more confident this will happen but we need a win vs Liverpool and we need a few more signings too.

tbtt

WUM
Frenkie, when you are scammed, you should be able to cut losses. Of course you are right in demanding all your money. But you are too young to do a Bale, playing a part-time CB there. Barcelona won't agree to pay all your deferred wages because it means they have to pay all deferred wages of their players, which is the last thing they want. Get a PART of your money, and run. You are still young, and have every chance to be one of the greatest.

Irrational.

Spot on.

Feck Barca and feck de Jong. They can continue screwing each other. Both tosspots*

*if Frenkie comes all is forgiven.

jokervn91

So....back to the original point, you're basically confirming he ain't coming.
While we dont know for sure that he wants to come or not, publicly saying he wants to leave would hurt his case of claiming the due wages. So unless the wages issue get resolved, there's no way that FDJ would ever say anything regarding the transfer.
Its just a completely different problem comparing to Casemiro. Remember Neymar kept silent about his move to PSG pass a certain date to earn his loyalty bonus?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
You absolutely need both. And as skint as the Glazers are they aren’t going to decline to pull the trigger on De Jong if he is actually available.

Boondog

I would get zero work done in Barcelona. You'd have to send me with a chaperone.

Womp

idiot
We aren't spending 60m+ on Casemeiro on top of what De Jong would cost, especially when we are pursuing an attacker and reportedly a RB too. This one is very clearly dead in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.