Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

It’s so quiet in here. This used to be a brilliant thread. I met my second wife here. So sad what’s happened to it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So given our midfield business will be done, is he expected to go for Chelsea or stay?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Not sure it will be done. If £200mil+Sales quoted by Arnold is correct then no reason this doesn't still happen. But it does look increasingly unlikely.

With that said.

ITS ON BITCHES !!!!!!!!!!
I'd take not having a RB and trusting Martial for a season to cover if we could get the two but... United wouldnt go that hard on a transfer window I don't think, I think Casemiro kills off the FDJ deal

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
What are the odds of FDJ staying at Barca, rotting on the bench or being played out of position for 4 months, consequently missing the WC & then joining us in Jan.

It’s possible….

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What are the odds of FDJ staying at Barca, rotting on the bench or being played out of position for 4 months, consequently missing the WC & then joining us in Jan.

It’s possible….
no way he misses the WC, he's the Dutch's best CM by a mile

highly doubt we drop our interest in him though, expect us to revisit things maybe in January or definitely next summer. Only change in that would be if he re-establishes himself in the Barca starting XI

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Wonder if signing Casemiro would help convince him.
Nah, feck him. He had his chance. Mikky had her chance as well but we've found a better chipmunk faced option so they can sit in their shit city with their nice weather, food and beaches with millions of Euros. fecking egg on their faces now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
United transfer muppetry must be to Niall's bottom line what Arsenal losing games is to Robbie from AFTV.
Once he wakes up from the coke and hookers coma he fell into after three million views we should ask him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Nah, feck him. He had his chance. Mikky had her chance as well but we've found a better chipmunk faced option so they can sit in their shit city with their nice weather, food and beaches with millions of Euros. fecking egg on their faces now.
That'll show them! they can play in a stadium without a leaky roof :devil:

Ole'sattheWheel

Are Madrid a classier club than Barcelona? Definitely much easier to deal with.
I remember them being pretty classless in the De Gea saga. Dropping the price at the very last day of the window (because they knew de gea wanted out) which resulted in them not getting him

Bulldog United

Just need to think back to the beginning of the window and their outrage over Mbappe daring to extend his contract
Yes both Spanish clubs are as bad as each other. They believe when they decide they want to sign someone, they have divine right to sign them at whatever price they decide is reasonable. They are not used to unsettling a target, privately agreeing a deal, and then having the target do a u-turn and stay where he is. Hence why the United Nations and the Court of Human Rights are now investigating PSG's antics, among others.

Phil Osophy

This looks so off and honestly we should have walked ages ago.

Not only the deal was really complex and we wasted plenty of time which was expected, De Jong is also the epitome of an Arsenal player when they finished 4th with Wenger every year. Smart, graceful on the ball and poor on everything else. Bad defensive positioning, soft as shit, inconsistent, not productive enough either when he bombs forward.

He hasn't done anything relevant at Barca, and they don't even hide that it's not a financial thing but they want to replace him with Bernardo Silva. The way I see it De Jong is closer to being a reject at Barcelona than the jewel of the crown that some people think he is.

There's always some excuse to blame his lack of consistency similar to Pogba here, always wondering how to 'unlock' the player as he can't excel as the anchor alone, but allowing him freedom in a midfield two and pairing him with this and that, and only then you opt to have a chance to maybe have a possibility of the man performing very well that day.

This is in a Barcelona team with a good technical and tactical platform that we can't provide, not even close, which would make it more difficult. Added to the pressure and expectations around the guy (+1600 pages here like we were waiting for peak Pele from Santos) and the 80M price tag on his shoulders, added to the mental state of someone being forced out of his "home", also in a new league and country, everything together is not the best breeding ground for success.

If we finished 5th-6th again (nothing strange) I'm sure he'd be crying about us playing EL for two seasons and looking to move elsewhere. De Jong could be the cherry on the cake for a team close to the top, allowing him to be a free verse adding a touch of grace around the park, as Barca tried without much success. Signing De Jong as one of the pillars to lift the team from the mud is a terrible idea, I'm not 100 but 200 % convinced of it.

If De Jong stays there maybe we can try again next season and offer him a better basis to perform than now, making it a more natural move. I wouldn't expect miracles from him either but bringing him now would be asking for trouble.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha, the de Jong muppets crying in their beers as the Casemiro story gathers pace. Gotta love it!

RedDevilLucio

Like Joel is going to write an £80M cheque right now anyway. FDJ transfer not happening. It will be a crap loan deal for someone who won’t improve team and it will be paid for by selling a young talented player like Garner.

Status
Not open for further replies.