Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryWinks

Unless there's a restraining order in place I have no doubt that ETH will still be following him closely this summer. He's the perfect player for his system.

RuudTom83

He is almost invisible in that Barca midfield…the times I’ve watched him this season.

I’d have big reservations before making him one of the best paid players at the club.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
His heart isn't in it, he had ample opportunity to joins us last summer, we don't want players like that
What if he was worried about the direction we were going in and wasn't sure of the impact EtH could have on these players? The same players most of us had written off. And now, after a season, he sees that trajectory has changed?

We criticize players like Malo Gusto for joining Chelsea when we think Chelsea are being run by a mad man and they have a world class RB already, but we also criticize players when they're reluctant to join a team that had just their worst season in PL history.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
What if he was worried about the direction we were going in and wasn't sure of the impact EtH could have on these players? The same players most of us had written off. And now, after a season, he sees that trajectory has changed?

We criticize players like Malo Gusto for joining Chelsea when we think Chelsea are being run by a mad man and they have a world class RB already, but we also criticize players when they're reluctant to join a team that had just their worst season in PL history.
He already knew what ETH is about and how he would change things, if it his heart was in it he would have joined, he could have chosen to be part of making the good stuff happen but no he "wanted to see how it went first" - that tells me he's not the kind of player we want

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He already knew what ETH is about and how he would change things, if it his heart was in it he would have joined, he could have chosen to be part of making the good stuff happen but no he "wanted to see how it went first" - that tells me he's not the kind of player we want
As you'll see because you read my post, my point wasn't about EtH. It was about the players. Like I said, most of us had written them off as well.

I got nothing against a player not making such a huge move in such an uncertain time, but I also appreciate the mentality players like Casemiro and Martinez show in wanting to be part of that turn around.

As I've already said, in these circumstances, players are in a catch-22 at times. They can't win.

NLunited

Enzo not worth 90 mill. Try to get Jude Bellingham, or go gor a cheaper option.

Go for Frenkie if he shows the desire to come. Otherwise, feck off please

Orion.

Ward Prowse instead for me - recycle McTominay to cover most of the cost then use the big money to raid for Bellingham.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
He very clearly and publicly said he wasn’t interested in joining United. I’m not sure how that’s messing you around.
Yeah I don't get where this idea of being messed around comes from. Frenkie said very early on publicly he wasn't leaving Barca despite the pressure.

Another pursuit is bordering on harassment. :lol:

Yorke to Cole

Yeah I don't get where this idea of being messed around comes from. Frenkie said very early on publicly he wasn't leaving Barca despite the pressure.

It was Barcelona that encouraged United to come and bid. Hence, Laporta accepted an offer. They wanted his salary off their outgoings and his deferred salary either being forgotten about or paid by the club purchasing the player.

Laporte tried to make life unbearable for De Jong, but the player stood firm and thus they started "pulling levers. "

I said at the time, United need to learn from this and not do their business in public ( meeting between Arnold, Murtough and Barcelona officials)

Leave Barcelona to clear their own financial mess up and if De Jong wants to stay there, let him and we will find an alternative.

Laporta's behaviour during last summer was diabolical.

croadyman

Find it hard to believe we wouldn't have gone as far as travelling to Barca if we got zero encouragement from his camp

SAF is the GOAT

I really do think that Kobie Mainoo could be that player for us in the future.

That's why I trust ETH on developing him

Chairman Steve

I hope we get him, provided he actually does want to be here.

Absolutely no chance if he’s truly infatuated with living in Catalonia though as has been reported in certain outlets. No more unhappy players having to settle for being outside of their paradise like ADM.

More guys like Casemiro who just want the challenge of doing it all over again in a different place.

Drifter

American
At this stage, we are talking about restraining orders. Let it go

OmarUnited4ever

I hope we get him, provided he actually does want to be here.

Absolutely no chance if he’s truly infatuated with living in Catalonia though as has been reported in certain outlets. No more unhappy players having to settle for being outside of their paradise like ADM.

More guys like Casemiro who just want the challenge of doing it all over again in a different place.
I am not worried about him wanting to be here or not, I trust Ten Hag will only bring the type of players who want to be here, so if De Jong ends up here, then I am sure he will have the desire to be at United.

TheReligion

Abusive
Eh??

That's an incredibly bold statement by a poster not prone to bold statements :eek:
Just have a feeling that is what we are going to do in terms of summer business.

It’s a myth peddled around that he rejected United and was never open to a move. All credible reports suggest the opposite but the timing was wrong.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Just have a feeling that is what we are going to do in terms of summer business.

It’s a myth peddled around that he rejected United and was never open to a move. All credible reports suggest the opposite but the timing was wrong.
Well. I'm aboard ya bastard!

(Note to self: Blame TheReligion if it doesn't work out)

TheReligion

Abusive
Well. I'm aboard ya bastard!

(Note to self: Blame TheReligion if it doesn't work out)
For me personally I’m not sold on him however I do trust EtH and it’s clear he sees him as an important part of the midfield set up.

What I would say is whilst other clubs pay 100+m on Enzo, Bellingham, Caceido etc I definitely would not mind us staying away and picking up FDJ at a fraction (think we agreed around the 55m range with Barca).

It would give us more balance in the midfield and leave money over to invest in a CF.

Casemiro, FDJ, Eriksen, Bruno, Fred would give us quite a lot of different options and vastly improve the quality and depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.