Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He very clearly and publicly said he wasn’t interested in joining United.
Frenkie said very early on publicly he wasn't leaving Barca
Another pursuit is bordering on harassment. :lol:
Why is this still a thing?
Not again, Dear Lord.
At this stage, we are talking about restraining orders. Let it go
These guys are ITK = not gullible.
It's happening @Plant0x84.

I've heard it from a most trusted source. I've kept a place for you on the train!
This guy….. not so much! :D
@TheReligion is your most trusted source? Granted he talks sense most of the time, but maybe he just wasn’t paying attention last year?!:wenger:
I mean, I’m on the train, but I’m the grumpy one sat in the corner at the back nay-saying and being sarcastic. ;)

TheReligion

Abusive

@TheReligion is your most trusted source? Granted he talks sense most of the time, but maybe he just wasn’t paying attention last year?!:wenger:
I mean, I’m on the train, but I’m the grumpy one sat in the corner at the back nay-saying and being sarcastic. ;)
Get your feet off the seats! Frenkie is coming and he will not be impressed!!

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

Who the feck is @SirReginald? @arthurka? High post count, but clearly clueless. @Utuhu? Dear lord. Ok, @Drifter, fair game. @Raiden Shogun - cool name, but not an ITK. You've got three, THREE newbies. They don't count.

I've got @TheReligion for god's sake!

Last edited:

Oranges038

It's like pursuing an ex that dumped you..

Give it up..
It's more like chasing some bird that wouldn't even let you buy her a drink.

Sniff the seat when she moves on and go knock one out while you think about what could have been and leave it at that.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Serious doubts about De Jong’s character and appetite to make his mark in games. He looked like a player who wanted to win everything and be the driving force in every game.

Don’t particularly care for his mindset at Barca, where it can be argued he’s misused and has the world on his shoulders, but he was the same limp-wristed fop at the World Cup; a stage where he should’ve been giving his showings of a lifetime, or at least not being as passive as he was.

Rate his ability, but he’s not the sure thing his early Ajax exploits suggested.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Based on very little, he won't be able to cope with the PL. Have a feeling he will get eaten alive, a bit like Donny, the pace and tempo will be too much for him and I think deep down he knows it.

tidraKS

Based on very little, he won't be able to cope with the PL. Have a feeling he will get eaten alive, a bit like Donny, the pace and tempo will be too much for him and I think deep down he knows it.
FdJ is totally different beast to Donny. Donny was never a great player. FdJ has proven every year he's one of the best around. You guys think all PL players should be physical beasts, but that's nonsense. We have and had a lot of non-physical players who were amazing in PL.

Counterfactual

Serious doubts about De Jong’s character and appetite to make his mark in games. He looked like a player who wanted to win everything and be the driving force in every game.

Don’t particularly care for his mindset at Barca, where it can be argued he’s misused and has the world on his shoulders, but he was the same limp-wristed fop at the World Cup; a stage where he should’ve been giving his showings of a lifetime, or at least not being as passive as he was.

Rate his ability, but he’s not the sure thing his early Ajax exploits suggested.
So, to paraphrase, embellish and remove unwanted context, he's great and EtH will make him a superstar at United who'll takes us to the next level. Got it!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ten Hag will be at his window in the summer, knocking on it repeatedly trying to serenade Frenkie whilst he frantically asks the dispatcher when the police are going to arrive.
It's possible...

Member 101269

It's more like chasing some bird that wouldn't even let you buy her a drink.

Sniff the seat when she moves on and go knock one out while you think about what could have been and leave it at that.
:houllier: darn that is some level of thought/action, thankfully, I never had to reach

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So, to paraphrase, embellish and remove unwanted context, he's great and EtH will make him a superstar at United who'll takes us to the next level. Got it!
:lol:
If he can coax the young version’s spirit to the fore, sure. He should be influencing every game or looking like he’s just about to and he hasn’t been that guy for an age now, like he’s not got the heart for it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
David Silva could cope in the Premier League while Bakayoko couldn't.

This argument of the Premier League being nothing but lightening fast brutes is growing tired. Good intelligent players will always do well.

Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Pirlo and the like would have bossed the league.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

This argument of the Premier League being nothing but lightening fast brutes is growing tired. Good intelligent players will always do well.

Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Pirlo and the line would have bossed the league.
Yes it's very lazy surface level stuff.

croadyman

Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Pirlo and the like would have bossed the league.
Yeah I don't have concerns about him being able to cope in this league,more has he got the desire to play here which I didn't see last summer

footballbite

Yeah I don't have concerns about him being able to cope in this league,more has he got the desire to play here which I didn't see last summer
Maybe last summer he understandably had reservations about Utd's prospects, especially while not yet being in the CL?

If Ten Hag steers Utd back to the CL then they'll probably be more attractive again.

Suv666

Naaa he isn’t driven and ambitious enough.
Would be a mistake signing him and hope we stay away.

croadyman

Maybe last summer he understandably had reservations about Utd's prospects, especially while not yet being in the CL?

If Ten Hag steers Utd back to the CL then they'll probably be more attractive again.
Yeah but last summer he was seemingly out of favour but we had no CL to offer whereas this one he's in favour but now we could well have it. You also hear things like he's unsaleable now which I think will deter a move for him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The thing for me is that Frenkie very clearly excels at the main things that everyone else in our midfield struggles with. Those being, 1. a strong short game pass, and 2. the ability to dribble and carry the ball in central midfield.

1. He averages an exceptionally high amount of passes per 90 minutes, with an equally high completion percentage. He gets on the ball a lot, but more importantly he recycles and retains it. He's in the 97th percentile for attempted passes, and the 93rd for accurate passes. Casemiro, Eriksen, and Bruno are all the 20th(!) to 50th~ percentile range for accurate passes between them. Meaning they're all a bit sloppy and careless with the ball - we know this, they're all very high risk high reward players. Frenkie on the other hand treats the ball with caution, like a proper Ajax Cruijffian possession nerd.

2. This is probably the biggest flaw across the team - apart from maybe Rashford, Shaw, and Dalot(?) -- we don't have any good dribblers. It's a big issue when being pressed, and part of why players like Eriksen and Fernandes are a bit one dimensional in bigger stake matches. Frenkie is in the 95th percentile for this against all other midfielders in Europe.

Even if he just brings those two aspects to his game, he offers something massively that nobody else in our side does. And if it's not him, it has to be a midfielder like him. Similar strengths. Not offence to any Tielemans, Ward Prowse etc. type shouts. They won't offer the things we're missing.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I will wager my inconsequential standing in the forum that we'll get him this summer. It's on.

I base that on the tingling feeling I get in my toes when you lot shoot him down

The Purley King

This is my concern as well. Guess we'll have to trust ETH if he does end up buying him, but I just don't see "it" with him like lots of other people do.

croadyman

I will wager my inconsequential standing in the forum that we'll get him this summer. It's on.

I base that on the tingling feeling I get in my toes when you lot shoot him down
Still don't think he wants to leave but IF we can KO Barca there is slim chance he might get food for thought over joining

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Who the feck is @SirReginald? @arthurka? High post count, but clearly clueless. @Utuhu? Dear lord. Ok, @Drifter, fair game. @Raiden Shogun - cool name, but not an ITK. You've got three, THREE newbies. They don't count.

I've got @TheReligion for god's sake!
I’ve got a knight of the realm, a small crap Ford called Arthur and Raiden has the Barca angle covered. He’s not coming. :nono:

Did that tingle enough for you?!:lol:

Edit - I’ve also got twice as many posts as you in this thread . That’s a whole mountain if not coming! ;)

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I’ve got a knight of the realm, a small crap Ford called Arthur and Raiden has the Barca angle covered. He’s not coming. :nono:

Did that tingle enough for you?!:lol:

Edit - I’ve also got twice as many posts as you in this thread . That’s a whole mountain if not coming! ;)
OK, how about this.

I'll give you TheReligion for Drifter, Raiden and the knight of the realm. TheReligion is worth at least that. Have you read his well worded posts!? You'll be kicking yourself if you don't accept.

Keep Uhuru. I don't want him and there's nothing you can do to change my mind.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
After seeing how ten hag has improved so many players, im not sure if he is all that special tbh. Maybe ten hag made him look better than he is

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The opinion on the Barca forums last summer seemed to be exactly the opposite, that the quicker pace of the game in England would suit him a lot more.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The thing for me is that Frenkie very clearly excels at the main things that everyone else in our midfield struggles with. Those being, 1. a strong short game pass, and 2. the ability to dribble and carry the ball in central midfield.

1. He averages an exceptionally high amount of passes per 90 minutes, with an equally high completion percentage. He gets on the ball a lot, but more importantly he recycles and retains it. He's in the 97th percentile for attempted passes, and the 93rd for accurate passes. Casemiro, Eriksen, and Bruno are all the 20th(!) to 50th~ percentile range for accurate passes between them. Meaning they're all a bit sloppy and careless with the ball - we know this, they're all very high risk high reward players. Frenkie on the other hand treats the ball with caution, like a proper Ajax Cruijffian possession nerd.

2. This is probably the biggest flaw across the team - apart from maybe Rashford, Shaw, and Dalot(?) -- we don't have any good dribblers. It's a big issue when being pressed, and part of why players like Eriksen and Fernandes are a bit one dimensional in bigger stake matches. Frenkie is in the 95th percentile for this against all other midfielders in Europe.

Even if he just brings those two aspects to his game, he offers something massively that nobody else in our side does. And if it's not him, it has to be a midfielder like him. Similar strengths. Not offence to any Tielemans, Ward Prowse etc. type shouts. They won't offer the things we're missing.
100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.