Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

Feck off if that's true he isn't even that good. Everytime I've seen him play he's been underwhelming. Opposite of a big game player.
Worse, he doesn't even want to be here. Sign more like Martinez and Malacia, and less like De Jong, please. This is going to be another Di Maria situation - a big money player that doesn't want to be here with a WAG that doesn't want to live in Manchester. Aye, what could possibly go wrong?

WhyYouGottaBeSoRuud?

Worse, he doesn't even want to be here. Sign more like Martinez and Malacia, and less like De Jong, please. This is going to be another Di Maria situation - a big money player that doesn't want to be here with a WAG that doesn't want to live in Manchester. Aye, what could possibly go wrong?
He'd also have to take a massive pay cut to join us too - otherwise he'd break our wage structure too.

RkkMan

If it’s between FDJ and Bellingham then surely it’s Bellingham we go all out for. He’s a massive talent and very young. Can’t let him join Liverpool/city.
Jude's fee will be twice that of Frenkie which stops us from getting a ST
Plus Jude himself+his family are massive Liverpool fans. Like Haaland he may simply not fancy us no matter what. He rejected us in 2020 even though we rolled out a red carpet remember?

rajds89

Plus Jude himself+his family are massive Liverpool fans. Like Haaland he may simply not fancy us no matter what. He rejected us in 2020 even though we rolled out a red carpet remember?
I can’t speak for Jude but his father Mark most certainly isn’t a Liverpool fan.

He also rejected us in 2020 because he and his father believed that going to Dortmund was the right thing to do in terms of his development. Absolutely nothing to do with Jude’s apparent like of Liverpool.

lifted

Pretty sure you've just made up the Bellinghams being Liverpool fans.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Say whatever you want but I respect the guy for not leaving the club he supports even though the club shit on him with president shitting on him in public.

If a caftard gets to play for United wouldn't you do the same?
This. It kinda amazes me the praise people have for Martinez, Cas and Antony wanting to join United and even throwing a tantrum (Martinez) or willing to strike (Antony) to get it done but FDJ kindly saying no to United (for now) because he plays at the club he dreamt of as a child is bad or in any way different? I know the way supporters reason, I an one myself mind you but at what point do you respect someone's decision without taking it as a personal offence?

Last edited:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
We should continiue the transfer thread from last year, just to make it 30000 pages.

cyberman

This. It kinda amazes me the praise people have for Martinez, Cas and Antony wanting to join United and even throwing a tantrum (Martinez) or willing to strike (Antony) to get it done but FDJ kindly saying no to United (for now) because he plays at the club he dreamt of as a child is bad or in any way different? I know the way supporters reason, I an one myself mind you but at what point do you respect someone's decision without taking it as a pesonal offence?
Being treated like a **** and accepting it anyway is why we laughed at him. He didn’t stay for love of the club, if he loved the club he would have taken a pay cut. He stayed because he gets 800k a week now and didn’t want to give that up

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Being treated like a **** and accepting it anyway is why we laughed at him. He didn’t stay for love of the club, if he loved the club he would have taken a pay cut. He stayed because he gets 800k a week now and didn’t want to give that up
I honestly don't believe that. When Barca showed interest in him he was in Spain before Ajax had even started negotiating. This really was his life long dream and Ajax supporters couldn't even be mad at him for it. I mean when he joind the academy at age 14 he showed up in a Barca jersey.

cyberman

I honestly don't believe that. When Barca showed interest in him he was in Spain before Ajax had even started negotiating. This really was his life long dream and Ajax supporters couldn't even be mad at him for it. I mean when he joind the academy at age 14 he showed up in a Barca jersey.
Oh I believe he’s a Barca fan but I also don’t believe that’s why he stayed last summer

Cathy Ferguson

At least he must be more tempted to join now that we are making clear progress and will probably offer CL football. Barca might also be more tempted to sell if they need to raise cash. Frenkie at 85m makes more sense than Bellingham at 130m.

Jaae

Not ITK
Fabregas didn’t want to leave Barcelona either, then joined Chelsea and won x2 league titles.

People crying because Frenkie isn’t throwing a strop to join us are weird.

cyberman

To be fair, everytime he seen him play could just be two games against Manchester United. Two games where he wasnt bad but not at his best either.
Just seems to happen when he takes a step out of Spain

mainoo era

At least he must be more tempted to join now that we are making clear progress and will probably offer CL football. Barca might also be more tempted to sell if they need to raise cash. Frenkie at 85m makes more sense than Bellingham at 130m.
I don't think there will be a saga like last time...i think we will know very soon if he is interested or not... if frenkie wants it, I have no doubts we will pay up and barca will sell

Widow

Whatever people think about how/why he turned us down and if he's worth the hassle it's clear Ten Hag still wants him and there will be a round 2 of this saga

Nope, not getting involved in this one

Besides, we are flat broke and our hands are tied by ffp. We need a striker, i doubt there'll be other 'big' signings

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He rejected us because he knew he was guaranteed more game time at Dortmund as most young players go there. Even if they are Liverpool fans, he still wouldn’t chose them if they wasn’t in the CL I don’t think. I agree about the price though. Will cost a lot more then FDJ

Appletonred

Unlikely Barca turn down anything north of £60m for De Jong but it comes down to what the player really wants and we have been here before, however, maybe Mcallister at Brighton would be a good alternative.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't get this. Wouldn't allowing himself to be run out of the club without getting the money that they owe him be the '****' thing to do? Or signing a new contract which massively reduced his wages, happily accepting that they screwed him out of wages for those two years? The two things that Barca tried to make him do (to the extent that they publicly threatened legal action), and that he utterly refused to let happen.

Suv666

To be fair, everytime he seen him play could just be two games against Manchester United. Two games where he wasnt bad but not at his best either.
No I’ve seen him play loads of times but good on you assuming I’d judge him after watching 2 games.

He usually ranges from average to decent rarely if ever have seen him put in a MOTM performance since his Ajax days. He’s a decent player yea but nothing special dunno why he’s rated so highly.

Suv666

Most young talented players who believe in themselves would reject pretty much every team for BVB.

They churn out superstars like a factory and are famous for developing young talent its a no brainer really if BvB is involved

ABC of Football

He's an interesting player. If we can get him without the Saga of last summer I would 100% take him. WIth Eriksen out, I do feel like we miss a good link player between Cas and Bruno. He is a player who can easily fit in with Cas and Eriksen's positions.

We are 100%, 1 player short when it comes to players who are good in possesion, infront of our defence.

Plus with the midfielders we currently have, if we brought him in, I think we can rotate Bruno once in a while, as I dont think the manager trusts anyone else in his position currently.

Reactions: Penna

CM

Unlikely Barca turn down anything north of £60m for De Jong but it comes down to what the player really wants and we have been here before, however, maybe Mcallister at Brighton would be a good alternative.
Last summer we agreed a fee with Barcelona in that region so you would think it's doable if there's desire on the player's side. Maybe the fact that we're going to be in the Champions League next season would be enough to swing it for de Jong, who knows?

One thing I will say, everything we have seen from Erik ten Hag so far suggests he's a very pragmatic manager whose thoughts are based very much on what's in front of him. I'd be surprised if he was launching another move for de Jong if he hadn't received some encouragement from the player or the player's camp.

next_number_seven

I'm pretty certain there's a line of communication between Ten Hag and De Jong so we surely wouldn't pursue him unless there's a chance he wants to join.

I think the fact he's starting for Barca and about to win La Liga with a young team, makes it unlikely he'll leave.

If we win the PL and CL next year, optimistic I know, then we could lure him I think.

The PL is very attractive also.

Appletonred

Last summer we agreed a fee with Barcelona in that region so you would think it's doable if there's desire on the player's side. Maybe the fact that we're going to be in the Champions League next season would be enough to swing it for de Jong, who knows?

One thing I will say, everything we have seen from Erik ten Hag so far suggests he's a very pragmatic manager whose thoughts are based very much on what's in front of him. I'd be surprised if he was launching another move for de Jong if he hadn't received some encouragement from the player or the player's camp.
Yes, I agree, hopefully De Jong is ready for a new challenge, and Utd with new owners, CL football, a manager who he knows and respects, playing next to Casemiro etc
will be enough to get him over the line, I think there is a good chance we finally sign him up in the summer.

mav_9me

If it’s between FDJ and Bellingham then surely it’s Bellingham we go all out for. He’s a massive talent and very young. Can’t let him join Liverpool/city.
It's a no brainer to go for FDJ for say 75m than Bellingham for 100-150m, in my opinion.

dinostar77

He's an interesting player. If we can get him without the Saga of last summer I would 100% take him. WIth Eriksen out, I do feel like we miss a good link player between Cas and Bruno. He is a player who can easily fit in with Cas and Eriksen's positions.

We are 100%, 1 player short when it comes to players who are good in possesion, infront of our defence.

Plus with the midfielders we currently have, if we brought him in, I think we can rotate Bruno once in a while, as I dont think the manager trusts anyone else in his position currently.
TIFO IR L did a piece on whats missing from the Utd midfield i.e. the sort of skillset required when you combine bruno, casemiro and player x. Putting frenkie in with bruno and casemiro gives you a midfield that can do everything very well. Each have their own strengths but combined they can do it all. TIFO IR L showed this with a 'pizza chart', take the abilities of bruno and casemiro and overlay them. Then for example add frenkie to that 'pizza chart', the chart becomes complete.

In a nutshell we are missing a ball carrying, dribber in midfield who is press resistant. Thats what frenkie is in a nutshell.

If we cant get him, we need someone who can offer a similar skillset. Those alternatives are few and far between in world football.

NLunited

Isn’t he more of an 8/10 anyway? Frenkie plays further back than that, from the 6 position but not DM. Jude would leave Casemiro as a single pivot too often.
That is up to the manager. Look at how he had Eriksen play. Collecting the ball in back and getting involved up front. Casemiro is getting forward a lot as well. It is all very fluid.

arthurka

He is one of those players who goes unnoticed so many times. Don't know if he is the right fit but he is absolutely untouchable keeping possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.