Status
Not open for further replies.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
What is better?

His Libero like falling in to a back 3 to bring the ball forward - or

His passing?

I’m just asking because whilst I watched him enough, I’m still unsure if I can call him a deep lying playmaker like Pirlo or Scholes. He’s not is he?
He definitely is not. He actually needs someone like that next to him. Frenkies (longe range) passing is mediocre. He does not distribute the ball like Scholes, Pirlo or Xavi for example. Thats also the setup with Ajax, where he had Schone next to him. Schone was the deep lying playmaker distributing the game with his great passing skills. Frenkie was creating the space with his ball handling/dribbles.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He definitely is not. He actually needs someone like that next to him. Frenkies (longe range) passing is mediocre. He does not distribute the ball like Scholes, Pirlo or Xavi for example. Thats also the setup with Ajax, where he had Schone next to him. Schone was the deep lying playmaker distributing the game with his great passing skills. Frenkie was creating the space with his ball handling/dribbles.
So maybe that shows why we’ve been potentially linked to Phillips recently - if a long distance passing partner could be useful.

ForeverRed1

I can't remember the last time we had someone who could actual dictate the pace we play at. One of my major criticism over the past year (or two or three) is we played, for large periods, at the tempo dictated by pour opponents, rather than setting the pace ourselves. Now i want FdJ even more
certainly sounds like he ticks a lot of the boxes. We have needed someone like that for literally years. Just seems to good to be true at this point:nervous:

Mainoldo

This Romero guys is milking our fanbase clicks. He’s probably never made so much money at one time.

Hammondo

Xavi didn't do a lot of long range passing, modern football tends to be a lot more short passing.

Bojan Djordjic

I wouldn't say mediocre at all. It mightn't be a prolific passer over distance like a Ruben Neves type but his long range passing completion rates are better than 95% of other midfielders statistically. He can pass, he can carry and create and score at an elite level from midfield.

Woodzy

He was probably quiet because he was confused. He’s used to passing to Depay not simply passing da pie.

Woodzy

He also spreads his butter like he spreads his passes. Right on Aubameyang’s forehead.

mu4c_20le

Starting to feel like the Pogba saga.

The only way this won't happen is if we give up and pull out.

dinostar77

If he does come to the prem, i can see him going to city and being a huge success. Our lack of CL qualification for next season is going to put players off. Plus we're a few years off city and liverpool level.

telstar96

Really??? His passing range is near complete.

bosskeano

simple comparison in barcelona ......De Jong plays more like Busquets than he does Iniesta or Xavi himself

babablue

If he does come to the prem, i can see him going to city and being a huge success. Our lack of CL qualification for next season is going to put players off. Plus we're a few years off city and liverpool level.
List the players that we've lost out to city on? Or the players we've lost because of no CL. You're telling me that if for example, his only 2 choices were Spurs or us, he'll choose them because of CL?

Status
Not open for further replies.