Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

Do you believe everything you're told or only if it has negative connotations towards Manchester United?
Do you not think it's embarrassing going on so long. If he really wants to come here, you would think a deal would be done by now. Flogging a dead horse, imo.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Cue Sport 1 day later that FDJ dreams of playing for ETH :lol:

TsuWave

Like Ronaldo joined us for CL, how’d that work out for him?
Not even remotely the same. Chelsea are a much more credible contender for the league title than we are and much more likely to be involved in the CL consistently than we are these days. Hell, Chelsea won the thing like two years ago.

Not saying De Jong in fact prefers Chelsea, but there’s a case as to why he could.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Do you not think it's embarrassing going on so long. If he really wants to come here, you would think a deal would be done by now. Flogging a dead horse, imo.
No, not at all. He's owed 17m euros and he won't leave until that's sorted. It was always going to drag on and the club briefed as much.

phelans shorts

I really, really don’t get this. Why would I be embarrassed by something that’s way beyond my control?

Embarrassing is walking down the street and tripping up over your own feet, not the football club that you support trying and/or failing to sign a player.

And beside, you’re ignoring the minor issue that he feels like he is owed 19 million Euros, would you walk away from that money?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Every reputable source have always repeated the same and also quotes by the manager that we need to add a midfielder maestro to our squad, who is capable to make the game tempo tick as we want - Frenkie has that quality and it's his best role he has excelled on the highest level (CL).

If we can't make this transfer to work and all the reputable journalists have been wrong on this, it's their mistake not ours. As we move to some sort of stop gap solution and give the youth players a chance to learn the role instead. I simply don't see an alternative target who could play similar role in the market atm.
Ahem..

I 8-2 break it to you but..

Bestietom

I really, really don’t get this. Why would I be embarrassed by something that’s way beyond my control?

Embarrassing is walking down the street and tripping up over your own feet, not the football club that you support trying and/or failing to sign a player.

And beside, you’re ignoring the minor issue that he feels like he is owed 19 million Euros, would you walk away from that money?
The monies he is owed is going up every day. If he stays or leaves his contract with monies owed will have to be sorted, Right or Wrong. There is more issues than the monies he is owed.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Maybe I need to put some highlights on this.
ETH has said it’s FDJ or nobody else, he will develop someone that’s already there. That’s why they are hanging on to the end, they aren’t chasing an alternative to FDJ.
so anyone saying walk away now, why? You may as well hang in there. If you can’t take the suspense I suggest you stop reading about transfers for another month

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Like Ronaldo joined us for CL, how’d that work out for him?

Anyone not joining Liverpool or City for “CL” is as thick as two short planks. It’s a guarantee of being in the group stage for the coming season, and then a toss us for the coming years.
Ronaldo didn't join you for CL, he joined you for money.
Money that he's now not getting due to you missing out on CL, hence the drama.

Bestietom

It think the only consistent thing during this complete tragedy has been the amount of £17m, to be fair
Yes, and the reason his girlfriend doesn't want to move to Manchester. They have just got engaged and bought a mansion in Barcelona.

phelans shorts

The monies he is owed is going up every day. If he stays or leaves his contract with monies owed will have to be sorted, Right or Wrong. There is more issues than the monies he is owed.
Please stop saying monies, it’s far more embarrassing than anything a sports team can do. You are not a cartoon meerkat (I assume).

Sorting out the money is the reason he’s staying, to get it sorted. If he leaves with nothing on paper then he won’t get the money he feels he’s owed, hence he’s sticking around until there’s legal assurances of at least an acceptable amount being paid.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Look here - I’m not having you sully the great name of sport. They haven’t been reporting that same stuff every day for weeks - it changes by the hour :nono:
That's true, one of their parallel stories has been him flat out rejecting Manchester the whole time, though. Simultaneously only wanting to join United. And Chelsea.

Maybe they're ahead of the curve and reporting on Frenke de Jong in the Multiverse of Madness?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Andy Mitten, who has good contacts at both clubs, says there is still no indication that De Jong wants to join United.

Find it hard to believe a club would spend 3 months trying to sign a player who hasn't given their word. But many are reporting the same thing.
Really? Have you been under a rock for the past 9 years? Exactly the type of shit we’d pull.

Lynty

Hold firm, this is still on.

Barca propaganda to test our resolve in not covering his deferred wages. I refuse to believe otherwise :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.