Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThemanGiggsy

interesting article on where barca stand. probably not new information

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelo...ona-back-on-topbut-are-the-club-ready-for-him

have until September 1st to meet La Liga's FFP in order to register 7 players, 8 if they get Kounde.

one would have to think that the penalties to La Liga and to the players that would not be able to register would be more than what FDJ is owed.

i am still in the camp of this happening.

Redcy

Actually he said very early on, during a press conference with the national team, that he wanted to stay at his dream club Barca
Apologies I meant since any of this really started, but yes on the 30/31 May he said he wanted to stay at Barca. Since the United offer, being treated awfully, being told he can feck off for his money, that he will be played as a CB we havent heard anything, clarification noted.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
:lol: Amazing, love every one of them.

For anyone who is as curious as I am, it's Barça Licensing & Merchandising. Imagine selling off your income to create money. Jesus, Lewa isn't young, how can this be justified as a long term investment?
Nope, that’s much more dull! :wenger:
(I did wonder what it referenced too, thanks!)

Judas

Open to offers
The fact we still haven’t signed him yet… I get he’s waiting for his pay of but if he was so desperate to join us he’d of come by now. He might get his pay of and still not want to come…
Eh? Why? He wants what he's owed by Barca, who can blame him. They're trying to kick him out of the club and steal from him.

Water Melon

I'm calling bollocks on that. Think about it, we're talking about wages he has earnt, in the very loosest of terms (contractually he is owed nothing by the looks of it). But say they're right, is FDJ expecting Barca to hand him 17m euros before he even utters the words that he will leave or agrees anything with us? If he wants a lump sum then he has to agree a move, otherwise he will get his money contractually over the next 3 or 4 years. These journalists are talking out of their backside as it's impossible to get a lump sum of money owed in the next 3 or 4 years without agreeing to a move. By which point, if these journalists were correct, he would then forfeit the money.
I am calling bollocks on that. You are forgetting that it is in Barca's interests to move FDJ asap. The fee has been agreed. Now, are you telling all of us that ETH is chasing a player of the same nationality as he is, who he has coached and brought onto the top football scene, without having discussed this transfer with the player himself and/or his agent? Have United tabled a bid which was accepted by Barca without talking to Frenkie first?

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I'm seeing this as a manager wanting a player that will aid his teams play. If he just wants anybody in there, use the youth team.
Soon we'll be at panic station mode when Brighton play us off the park like they did last season, then we'll all assemble in the Mcfred thread thinking how we let a whole summer pass without addressing the Midfield, De Jong can't be the only player in the world that can fix our midfield problems surely not.

Redcy

I'm calling bollocks on that. Think about it, we're talking about wages he has earnt, in the very loosest of terms (contractually he is owed nothing by the looks of it). But say they're right, is FDJ expecting Barca to hand him 17m euros before he even utters the words that he will leave or agrees anything with us? If he wants a lump sum then he has to agree a move, otherwise he will get his money contractually over the next 3 or 4 years. These journalists are talking out of their backside as it's impossible to get a lump sum of money owed in the next 3 or 4 years without agreeing to a move. By which point, if these journalists were correct, he would then forfeit the money.
Because if they have to take this to court, at any point to get his money, or even to stay at Barca on his current contract saying anything is a bad idea. Any lawyer worth their salt will tell you to say feck all out of a court setting about a potential case. Lets assume this stretches out and he has to stay at barca, and he does not agree to a pay cut? Is there a chance that Barca try and nullify that contract, try and weasel their way out of the current pay deal?? Of course, so you shut the feck up, and only discuss it through your agent and lawyers.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You are forgetting that it is in Barca's interests to move FDJ asap. The fee has been agreed. Now, are you telling all of us that ETH is chasing a player of the same nationality as he is, who he has coached and brought onto the top football scene, without having discussed this transfer with the player himself and/or his agent? Have United tabled a bid which was accepted by Barca without talking to Frenkie first?
I don't get how that relates to what I'm discussing. The other poster said that FDJ can't say he is leaving or he won't get his money. I said he has to say his going if he wants his money now. Therefore I'm calling bollocks on him not being able to say anything. Not to mention the fact that he believes this is money that is owed to him already, so he should be able to say whatever he likes. The only time I've heard anything like this is in relation to loyalty bonuses, which is completely different.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Apologies I meant since any of this really started, but yes on the 30/31 May he said he wanted to stay at Barca. Since the United offer, being treated awfully, being told he can feck off for his money, that he will be played as a CB we havent heard anything, clarification noted.
No I think you mean since our bid was accepted, because all of this started before that press conference which is why he had to answer the question

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
According to one of the journos, he literally cannot express any intent of leaving or he could potentially give up those deferred wages. Whatever he signed up for, it's put tape over his mouth, it's 10x worse than 2008 Ronaldo.
So let me get this straight. Frenkie signed a contract deferring wages with Barcelona at a time the club and he had ZERO intention of parting ways/leaving and in this contract was effectively a 'gag order' that if he were to leave, he cannot mention it or he loses those deferred wages? Yeah I don't think so. Once again, IF he is legally owed, he doesn't need to go on tour to play at CB. He doesn't need to stay at Barca. He can join United now, get some preseason games and prepare for the new season at his new club, he and his team can work in the background on suing Barca for the money he's owed just as Neymar did.

Media are clinging on to this idea it's all about money. At United he will probably be on parity with the PL's top earners, you pay your players very well. Honestly it looks like a player at his dream club who never had any intentions of leaving in an awkward situation as he sits on ridiculous wages whilst the president wants to restructure the clubs wages.

pocco

loco
Because if they have to take this to court, at any point to get his money, or even to stay at Barca on his current contract saying anything is a bad idea. Any lawyer worth their salt will tell you to say feck all out of a court setting about a potential case. Lets assume this stretches out and he has to stay at barca, and he does not agree to a pay cut? Is there a chance that Barca try and nullify that contract, try and weasel their way out of the current pay deal?? Of course, so you shut the feck up, and only discuss it through your agent and lawyers.
I get all that. So, in that context, explain how he joins us or anybody this summer?

Option A) he stays at Barca and doesn't renegotiate his deal. He gets his money over the duration of his contract. This is the only legal entitlement it appears he has to that money. You can't leave a job and ask them to pay what they would have paid you in the future.

Option B) he joins us or somebody else. As soon as he agrees anything with a new club, he has forfeited his money?

Option C) He stays on reduced terms that both he and Barcelona agree to.

Redcy

I get all that. So, in that context, explain how he joins us or anybody this summer?

Option A) he stays at Barca and doesn't renegotiate his deal. He gets his money over the duration of his contract. This is the only legal entitlement it appears he has to that money. You can't leave a job and ask them to pay what they would have paid you in the future.

Option B) he joins us or somebody else. As soon as he agrees anything with a new club, he has forfeited his money?

Option D) Barca want him gone badly enough that they offer to pay him the 17m he deferred, or some amount of it he would be happy to accept, let's be clear he is not legally owed it in any way. However if they are determined to shift him they pay up a compensation package, or it reverts to A) or C). (Right now he seems unwilling to do C) or I feel we would have heard about it already)

House Mkhitaryan

On what basis?
Oops, the CB comment must have been left over from a post yesterday. I'll edit that out.

As for why it's nonsense... we have been chasing FDJ for 2 months and it is much more likely that he has given assurances to ETH his willingness to come than to believe any of these speculative reports coming from the Barca propaganda machine media. It's also obvious that it weakens his negotiating position with Barca if he indicates he wants to move. So to act like we definitively know and "a fact that he doesn't want to join us" is nonsense. Maybe it is true (I don't think so), but most certainly is not a fact. None of us (or the Spanish media) know what the club and ETH have been told by Frenkie and/or his agents.

Redcy

Barca are a ruthless club, I wouldn't put it past them to accuse him of engineering a move if they ended up in court
Exactly why a lawyer will tell you to say feck all outside of a court room, ever, unless you can genuinely use it to get a pre court settlement that you think is better for you.

pocco

loco
Option D) Barca want him gone badly enough that they offer to pay him the 17m he deferred, or some amount of it he would be happy to accept, he is not legally owed it in anyway. However if they are determined to shift him they pay up a compensation package, or it reverts to A) or C).
So to go back to the original discussion, he can say what he likes because if Barca want him gone, he wants paying. It's such a stupid idea that he can't say anything in this context. Barca know he is getting paid if he takes option A. They can't do a thing about it.

Redcy

So to go back to the original discussion, he can say what he likes because if Barca want him gone, he wants paying. It's such a stupid idea that he can't say anything in this context. Barca know he is getting paid if he takes option A. They can't do a thing about it.
Except if he stays, for any reason, and tries to go down the a) route afterwards, and Barca take him to court. At this point Barca could use anything he says as an indication that he was willing to break his contract, etc, etc. If FdJ ends up being the reason they can't sign/register players you can guarantee they will try to screw him any which way they can. Saying nothing does you no harm at all, coming out and saying to the press "I have been told I can leave, and of course going to Chelsea is attractive" could be used in any number of ways, especially in a Barcelona based court. If you personally ever go to court, say nothing unless your lawyer tells you to, never represent yourself and do what your lawyers say.

Reactions: Fortitude

mu4c_20le

So why can't he say "I would like to go to United but refuse to until I get what I am owed."
It doesn't matter what he wants, or what his intentions are, that part is enough to prove that he wants to leave the club and therefore forfeit any bonuses left,or due wages.

Ted Lasso

So why can't he say "I would like to go to United but refuse to until I get what I am owed."
Just on this forum you have posters saying "he's a multimillionaire already so just give up the money and move to United if he wants to so badly".

You lose every single inch of leverage that way. On the other hand, "I don't want to leave. Plus I'm owed so much money" is much more sympathetic

Redcy

It could be used by Barca if he ends up having to stay, and lets assume he doesn't want to take a pay cut, then Barca can utilise that to show he was looking for a move all along. There is no benefit to opening his mouth, it can only hurt him legally, for the minor benefit of making Journos or United fans happy.

OrcaFat

I don't get how that relates to what I'm discussing. The other poster said that FDJ can't say he is leaving or he won't get his money. I said he has to say his going if he wants his money now. Therefore I'm calling bollocks on him not being able to say anything. Not to mention the fact that he believes this is money that is owed to him already, so he should be able to say whatever he likes. The only time I've heard anything like this is in relation to loyalty bonuses, which is completely different.
No, I don’t think it is in his interests to comment at all. It probably wasn’t in Barca’s interest either.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's the way you just dismiss it because it doesn't suit your agenda. Even adding your little 'groundbreaking' quip to the end like a teenage girl that thinks she's got it all sussed out. There's a mountain of sources that say he wants to stay at Barcelona, that say he hasn't agreed any personal terms with us. And yet you still can't accept that he might want to stay :lol: Honestly, it's laughable. You're a **** to a ****.
No answer my question please instead of coming out with this shit.

Castia

If you are talking about the Corrigan piece from yesterday it says "likely wants a CL club" that doesnt say anything that could be classed as anything other than speculation amongst all the other speculation

Alright so who's reporting that he actually wants to join then? other than the usual 'well he must want to join else we wouldn't be after him' excuse there's nothing to this story.

devips

Oops, the CB comment must have been left over from a post yesterday. I'll edit that out.

As for why it's nonsense... we have been chasing FDJ for 2 months and it is much more likely that he has given assurances to ETH his willingness to come than to believe any of these speculative reports coming from the Barca propaganda machine media. It's also obvious that it weakens his negotiating position with Barca if he indicates he wants to move. So to act like we definitively know and "a fact that he doesn't want to join us" is nonsense. Maybe it is true (I don't think so), but most certainly is not a fact. None of us (or the Spanish media) know what the club and ETH have been told by Frenkie and/or his agents.
I see some of our so-called "fans" clearly has no trust in ten Hag and his insistence that FDJ is needed for his squad.

So much for supporters backing the new manager.

I hate to think what would happen if the first few matches in the league don't go to expectations.

Shame on these "fans" some of which are polluting this thread and this page as well.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Fair enough. Think your spot on to be honest. Hope we do get him eventually though.

red thru&thru

What you are forgetting is, Barca want him to choose option B, or option C.

There's also an option D...let Frenkie join another club and Barca pay him what he's owed.

Status
Not open for further replies.