Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
That's a lie, a false narrative.
Every new player fits into the new wage system. No one, except those with old Barto contracts, is on monster wages anymore.
Frenkie with his current Barto contract earns nearly double of Lewandowski, the actual 2 times Fifa Player of the Year and all the other new signings for that matter.
All Laporta and his board ask of Frenkie is to fit into the new finance system, as every other player does so far, nothing more. If that means "bend over" for you all, well then I can't help it.
Would you do this if your boss asked you to? Would you feel it was unfair or would you happily do it?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Every new player fits into the new wage system. No one, except those with old Barto contracts, is on monster wages anymore.
Frenkie with his current Barto contract earns nearly double of Lewandowski, the actual 2 times Fifa Player of the Year and all the other new signings for that matter.
All Laporta and his board ask of Frenkie is to fit into the new finance system, as every other player does so far, nothing more. If that means "bend over" for you all, well then I can't help it.
You agreed a contract. You later asked him to defer his wages. Now you ask him to lower his wages further. Whatever rules you created after he signed his contract is entirely irrelevant for him. Your club fecked up and acts like an utter dick towards the player

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lewandowski earns what? 9m net per year? Which is a huge amount in Football, the fact that Barcelona used to have even crazier wages doesn't mean that the current ones are not very large.

Your point would be the equivalent of suggesting that purchasing a brand new Mercedes isn't a big expense because you used to purchase Bugattis.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You told the guy to extend his contract by 2 years, to take a wage deferral and you would pay his wages back to him over the remaining period of his contract. Now time has come to pay him back you want to either force a pay cut in him to ‘fit the new structure’ to avoid having to give him what is owed to him or you want to push him out of the club all together. It’s not important if it was Bartomeu, Laporta or the king of Spain. Your club agreed a contract with Frenkie, he acted in good faith to help the club through Covid and his reward is to be shafted and treated shoddily. But you know that already don’t you. Absolutely brainwashed!

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I notice a pattern here.

Anything bad the media/journalists write about Barca, no matter how ridiculous = gospel truth, Barca are pure evil.
Anything negative about a potential Frenkie deal on United's side = made up bullshit, obviously.
Anything positive about a Frenkie deal = See! We told you! He's coming.

There is no point trying to explain the workings at Barca, people already have a preconceived notion and anything the club say or do is 'propaganda' or 'disinformation'. Utterly clueless.

Echo chamber.
You have basic organizational issues like difficulty paying basic wages.
You need to sell your future to spend now. You need to resort to wage deferment to play next season with full squad.
You forcing your own players out by playing out of positions to sustain your agenda. And If you think all these are "preconceptions", i really feeling sympathetic for you my myopic friend.

nmm85

In regards to registering their new players, am I right in thinking that that is for La Liga? Could there be a situation that they unregister Fdj and replace with someone else? Would force him out a bit more. Or is this just in regards to finances?

RkkMan

We've all known that Bernado Silva and De Jong's deals are directly linked with each other. Spanish Media over the last 2 or so days have intensified Bernado to Barca so maybe something's happened behind the scenes in our favor?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
You told the guy to extend his contract by 2 years, to take a wage deferral and you would pay his wages back to him over the remaining period of his contract.
No I did not. That was Bartomeu. A new president means a new leadership and that means new politics. We see it in democratic countries all the time, when the new government tries to improve mistakes made by the old one. Maybe you forgot how democracy works having an owner for the rest of your lives.
Nothing wrong in asking a player to fit into the new system. I don't know how often Laporta and barca have to repeat that they will respect Frenkie's contract if he decides to stay on it, no matter what. That's funny how most of you just repress that fact when it comes to that.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
No I did not. That was Bartomeu. A new president means a new leadership and that means new politics. We see it in democratic countries all the time, when the new government tries to improve mistakes made by the old one. Maybe you forgot how democracy works having an owner for the rest of your lives.
Nothing wrong in asking a player to fit into the new system. I don't know how often Laporta and barca have to repeat that they will respect Frenkie's contract if he decides to stay on it, no matter what. That's funny how most of you just repress that fact when it comes to that.
No one gives a shit who the president of Barcelona is. The club takes responsibility and has to deal with the consequences. Really sick and tired of reading the excuse of "but Bartomeu, but our president, but this one particular person we all voted into office"

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Like I said, utterly and irretrievably brainwashed.

WPMUFC

Remember when folks here said "Barca fans won't let someone of FDJ's skill rot on the bench, he has all the cards"?

:lol: :lol:

Teja

We've all known that Bernado Silva and De Jong's deals are directly linked with each other. Spanish Media over the last 2 or so days have intensified Bernado to Barca so maybe something's happened behind the scenes in our favor?
Yup I feel that way as well. I'd really like it if Bilva goes to Barcelona. He'll be a fantastic replacement for FdJ and will weaken City considerably.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yup I feel that way as well. I'd really like it if Bilva goes to Barcelona. He'll be a fantastic replacement for FdJ and will weaken City considerably.
It’ll be fascinating to see who city go and get to replace him. They will have made crazy amounts of money through sales so either an absurd bid for Bellingham or possibly Saka who has 2 years on his deal could await.

Tony247

I notice a pattern here.

Anything bad the media/journalists write about Barca, no matter how ridiculous = gospel truth, Barca are pure evil.
Anything negative about a potential Frenkie deal on United's side = made up bullshit, obviously.
Anything positive about a Frenkie deal = See! We told you! He's coming.

There is no point trying to explain the workings at Barca, people already have a preconceived notion and anything the club say or do is 'propaganda' or 'disinformation'. Utterly clueless.

Echo chamber.
your club is financially fecked up due to 'working at barca' and that's the fact.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
"Fit into a new system" is an odd way of expressing the idea that a player should simply forget millions of pounds the club said they'd pay him back after he helped them out.

1DeGea1

I’m sorry but this is just wrong. A new leader doesn’t nullify the existing contracts already at the club. The club wrote up a legal contract and offered it to a player. The player signed on to that contract and has fulfilled his side of the bargain. The club must continue to honour their side of the contract, as was agreed in good faith with the player.

You cannot blame FDJ for a change in presidency.
You cannot ignore all of the financial agreements already in place when you take on new management.
Laporta inherited a club in the situation it was in, he has to work with that, not demand it all resets to suit his vision.

If your scenario were allowed, surely the club could repeatedly get out of any disastrous contracts by simply reshuffling the senior management and claiming the old one ‘didn’t count.’

Reactions: Sultan

RkkMan

It’ll be fascinating to see who city go and get to replace him. They will have made crazy amounts of money through sales so either an absurd bid for Bellingham or possibly Saka who has 2 years on his deal could await.
Maybe Foden will play more centrally?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Farcelona have absolutely schooled everyone in this transfer window. Literally revamped their team in one go when they supposedly have no cash.

On the other side, you have Manchester 'we've changed' United.
And can they currently play those players?

phelans shorts

Possibly. He won’t be needed as a false 9 with Haaland anymore. Jesus replaced be Alvarez. They still look quite light and with all that money surely they’d be after someone - they’d be a player down with Sterling going.
It depends with we see more of the likes of Cole Palmer who I’m sure Pep has bigged up in the past, can see Alvarez out wide fairly often as Jesus was. I didn’t realise how thin their current squad was looking to be honest.

OrcaFat

I’ve never heard of a club offering a salary that the player agrees to and signs a contract on that basis and then turning round and demanding he accept less for the good of the club or any other reason.

This cannot be justified by saying “we don’t want to pay any of our players that much”.

“Hey guys, we’ve got a new wage structure that everyone has to fit into. If we agreed to pay you more, I’m sorry but you have to take less now. It’s just the new structure, yeah, sorry. Yeah, everyone has to just accept the pay we say, even if we have a contract to pay you more. Yeah, it’s the new structure. It’s great for the club. Yeah, you all have to do what we say, just forget about the contract. I know, but it’s the new structure you see, yeah, everyone has to fit into it. Yeah, you have to accept less than we are contracted to pay you. I know, it’s the new structure. Yeah, that’s the situation. What, the contract? No, just forget about that, the structure is the thing now. We pay you less now. It’s the structure see? You know, the new salary structure I was telling you about?”

Rake

What are you on about even? What democracy? This is a contact between a player and a club for a set amount of time and set amount of wages. While your last president might have approved high wages, FdJ might not have been your player without them?

The bolded part is just mint. What is their alternative? They can't do anything about it bar twist his arms and make it clear to him that he won't play ahead of a World Cup.

DickDastardly

What the feck are you on about?!

I think you've mistaken the word democracy with authoritariansm.

Of course there is something wrong with an employer asking his worker to lower his wages.
You're telling him you don't value his services enough.
Next step is coercion, which is whats happening next and eventualy there is law suits and legal actions.

Good luck with your promotion if you continue to write in Barca's favour.

Now you know how Frenkie feels when i tell you that.
Now imagine a mod tell it.

OleGunnar20

You agreed a contract. You later asked him to defer his wages. Now you ask him to lower his wages further. Whatever rules you created after he signed his contract is entirely irrelevant for him. Your club fecked up and acts like an utter dick towards the player
Truly is amazing watching Barca fans tie them in knots to justify this behaviour.

IF - and its a big IF - they were signing no new players, desperately trying to cost control wherever possible and overall being open about their trashed finances, then maybe this argument would have some legs.

As it stands its the equivalent of your boss blackmailing you into halving your wages, while hiring 5 new younger, shinier members of staff with huge sign on bonuses.

The argument is nonsense. They need to honour the contracts they've signed.

More Than a Club!

Superunknown

Barcelona Defence Force - ASSEMBLE:

Just when you think you've seen the most ridiculous of these feckers, another one pops up. It's like a boss run. A game of human whack-a-mole.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
@Ragnar123
They will respect his contract if he decides to stay?

Facts - if he stays, a bunch of their new players are unregistered

will they really respect him or will they keep niggling him about his contract? Take off your Barca tinted specs

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
They don’t owe him nothing at this moment, as someone already explained in this thread before. The have paid him up till now what is agreed.
Maybe not legally but certainly morally do, imagine if your employer asked you to take a wage cut which you do, then promise to pay you it a few years down the line and then subsequently tries to remove you from the organisation before paying you.

Sparky Rhiwabon

This (sort of) happened to me in work years ago - I used to get parking paid for me, which in a major city centre wasn’t an insubstantial benefit. They wanted to phase this out as only certain grades got it so those that didn’t were resentful over it. They offered me (and others) two choices:

1. Sign a new employment contract without the free parking and receive a lump sum to buy out the benefit (but only equivalent to a couple of years of the cost of it)

2. Not sign a new contract and my employment would be terminated

Its life I’m afraid.

Laurencio

That would be true if they were negotiating a new contract because his current deal was expiring. Such as happened with Dembele this season. At that point it is perfectly reasonable to ask a player to reduce wage demands for the new contract. Financial obligations are complete and the player is free to go anywhere they want and pocket a normally sizeable sign on bonus.

What they are doing here however is asking him to forego deferred wages - which is a legal grayzone at best - and cut his wages to the maximum allowed by Spanish law despite having a contract that runs for several more years. While at the same time launching a media smear campaign against the boy.

They can't respect Frenkie's contract and register their new players, doesn't matter how many percentages of future television rights they sell and label as "pulling levers" - his contract + wages owed and bonus clauses are beyond what Barcelona can do and remain within then Spanish FFP.

2 things here are bullshit.

Frenkie earns 255k /week over the course of his 6 year deal, gross. Stop bullshitting the idea he’s being paid more, he aint, you made savings on him the past two seasons is all, savings you now need to make good on.

Lewa makes a minimum 9m net, so 18.5m gross, putting him (ignoring the sign on fee), on 355k /week.

So stop talking out of your arse.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Barcelona isn't a democracy, it's not a country. Barcelona is a private entity. And countries have to respect existing contract agreements.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
All Barcelona ask is for a player who signed a completely legally binding contract is to give up what he should earn so that the club can take the money he is entirely within his rights to continue to earn so that the club continue to sign players in the short term, pissing on themselves to keep warm. And his refusal to do so has resulted in him completely losing his spot in the midfield and playing a rotational CB position.

Insane to me that anyone would take the behemoth footballing company’s side over an individual here, but Barcelona fans are different breeds. If Manchester United tried some shite like this to one of their players I’d 100% be on the players side.

Syphon Wallet

Respect his contract if he stays?
"Fact" you say....

Except he has publicly stated Frenkie will have to renegotiate his wages if he wants to stay, so your making up nonsense.

Even what Laporta stated is nonsense as well, as Frenkie clearly does NOT have to renegotiate of he doesn't want to, he has a contract and Barca have to legally honor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.