Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I doubt this means we are signing all of them and trying to play 3 at the back but what if we really sign all of them and play 3 at the back, would people be happy with the below line-up?

DDG
-------------------- Timber ---- Varane --- Torres -----------------
---- Dalot/Sancho -- VDB/Fred -- FDJ -- Bruno ------ Shaw -----
Ronaldo --- Nunez​

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I doubt this means we are signing all of them and trying to play 3 at the back but what if we really sign all of them and play 3 at the back, would people be happy with the below line-up?

DDG
Ronaldo --- Nunez​
I would be.

prateik

If that was our transfer window I'll take it.
De Jong to replace Pogba+Matic
1 CB to for the squad if Bailly/Jones are going..
1 striker, because we dont have any.

Still no proper DM, no full back upgrades and no one to play from the right..

If we addressed just those 3 positions, it would be a pretty underwhelming window.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

DDG
Ronaldo --- Nunez​
No, complete waste of Sancho's abilities. I don't think that team looks very balanced if I'm honest.

RVN1991

We have learned nothing if we are indeed looking to spend big money on a guy that needs convincing to come here.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No, complete waste of Sancho's abilities. I don't think that team looks very balanced if I'm honest.
So what if we move Sancho up front instead, Sancho would play up front anyway since Ronaldo only has 1 year left in his contract. Would you still be happy with the same line-up?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sancho would play up front anyway since Ronaldo only has 1 year left in his contract.
Yes, would be more up for that. There would need to be a BIG increase in goals from people though, we will have to see where the goals come from when Ronaldo does move on.

didz

DDG
Ronaldo --- Nunez​
Sancho as a wing back is an absolute non starter for me. He's a playmaking wide forward, not especially quick and I certainly wouldn't back him defensively. Just nothing about him is right for the position.

I suppose you could redraw that as a 442, which Ten Hag has flirted with, but I doubt he'd play that every week either.

Out of interest, what draws you to the 3 at the back? To my mind you need a really strong midfield pairing to make a 343 work, in addition to quality wingbacks. Seems like we'd need to sign the whole '4' to make it work!

Bojan Djordjic

Still light on the wide areas too. Unless Nunez is to be used as a make shift wide forward.

If Rashford gets back to his best it won't be much of an issue. But right now, I'd say it's unlikely.
Yeah, our right hand side is still really shit in this scenario unless someone like Amad explodes next season like Vini Jr did this season with Madrid. Seems unlikely though.

Blood Mage

Surprised at the arrogance of some here thinking we don't need to work hard to convince top talent to come to United after THAT season we just witnessed. Our current image is of a hopelessly run fallen giant in terminal decline, it's up to Arnold, Murtough and ETH to change that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sancho as a wing back is an absolute non starter for me. He's a playmaking wide forward, not especially quick and I certainly wouldn't back him defensively. Just nothing about him is right for the position.

I suppose you could redraw that as a 442, which Ten Hag has flirted with, but I doubt he'd play that every week either.

Out of interest, what draws you to the 3 at the back? To my mind you need a really strong midfield pairing to make a 343 work, in addition to quality wingbacks. Seems like we'd need to sign the whole '4' to make it work!
The only reason what draws me 3 at the back is because we are aiming 2 CB and ten Hag used to play 3 at the back and 442 diamond at FC Utrecht. On top of that Dutch coaches have this love with 3 at the back. But like I said before, I doubt it. Although, if we end up really signing 2 CB, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 at the back since he used it before at FC Utrecht.

Bojan Djordjic

DDG
Ronaldo --- Nunez​
Wouldn’t fancy this at all. We need to learn from the mistakes we made with Pogba and properly build a team that fits Sancho’s strengths. Also, not sure Shaw is that suited at wing back as while he’s very good footballer, he doesn’t create enough. Just not sure I see this team troubling Liverpool or City at all.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Surprised at the arrogance of some here thinking we don't need to work hard to convince top talent to come to United after THAT season we just witnessed. Our current image is of a hopelessly run fallen giant in terminal decline, it's up to Arnold, Murtough and ETH to change that.
CBA to scroll back through but just this week a linked player has stated ‘the prestige’ of our club is a big draw for a proposed transfer.
We might be a fallen giant but we are still a giant none the less and whether you believe or not we are an attractive club for players to sign for.

bosskeano

If we can sign both FDJ and Nunez this summer that would be bloody brilliant....seems a difficult thing though given the price tag for both of them would probably exceed money available for the budget

definitely would require selling two or three guys to recoup some money to find another player as two signings, even guys of that quality, just wouldn't be enough

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
CBA to scroll back through but just this week a linked player has stated ‘the prestige’ of our club is a big draw for a proposed transfer.
We might be a fallen giant but we are still a giant none the less and whether you believe or not we are an attractive club for players to sign for.
Sure, but you still have to convince players of your project and your plan moving forward. Most players have multiple clubs after them. There are many "big clubs", but you have to convince them your project is right for them, regardless of the prestige. The name "Man United" doesn't mean trophies and success anymore for players, so automatically, unless we have 0 competition for the player, we'll need to convince them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Wouldn’t fancy this at all. We need to learn from the mistakes we made with Pogba and properly build a team that fits Sancho’s strengths. Also, not sure Shaw is that suited at wing back as while he’s very good footballer, he doesn’t create enough. Just not sure I see this team troubling Liverpool or City at all.
Didn't Shaw play wingback in England? And he performed.

bosnian_red

Forget about City and Liverpool, we are not competing with them next season and likely not yet the season after. Takes time to go from our position to their position. We are probably aiming for the best of the rest spot for the immediate season or 2, transitioning to competing seriously for cup competitions, and then eventually going for the title.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Sure, but you still have to convince players of your project and your plan moving forward. Most players have multiple clubs after them. There are many "big clubs", but you have to convince them your project is right for them, regardless of the prestige. The name "Man United" doesn't mean trophies and success anymore for players, so automatically, unless we have 0 competition for the player, we'll need to convince them.
That’s a given part of normal transfer discussion. What I’m saying is that we still have the draw to get the player to those negotiations in the first place. It’s not so simple that players just don’t want to come anymore.

didz

The only reason what draws me 3 at the back is because we are aiming 2 CB and ten Hag used to play 3 at the back and 442 diamond at FC Utrecht. On top of that Dutch coaches have this love with 3 at the back. But like I said before, I doubt it. Although, if we end up really signing 2 CB, I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 at the back since he used it before at FC Utrecht.
Fair enough. From what I've read, he used the two up top to disrupt teams that liked to build through their fullbacks - I kind of just assumed it would be the diamond against sides like City and Liverpool, occasionally in Europe too.

bosskeano

Forget about City and Liverpool, we are not competing with them next season and likely not yet the season after. Takes time to go from our position to their position. We are probably aiming for the best of the rest spot for the immediate season or 2, transitioning to competing seriously for cup competitions, and then eventually going for the title.
agreed....i think top 4 is going to be hard enough for next year let alone trying to compete against City and Pool who are well oiled machines right now

bosnian_red

That’s a given part of normal transfer discussion. What I’m saying is that we still have the draw to get the player to those negotiations in the first place. It’s not so simple that players just don’t want to come anymore.
Sure. But it's relevant for players like Frenkie De Jong. Players at giant clubs already, who if he leaves will have other giant clubs after him along with us. So of course he might be hesitant with us, as without Ten Hag we wouldn't even be mentioned in the discussion given our failures.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

DDG
Ronaldo --- Nunez​
I doubt Ten Hag will play a back 3 with us. It's more likely Timber to be an inverted fullback allowing De Jong to push up when in possession. Sancho to keep the width on the right. DM to cover Shaw while he pushes into attack and Ronaldo to come inside during attacks. I'm a managerial genius, I know :D.

Out of possession:

-------------------------------DDG---------------------
Timber ---- Varane --- Torres -------Shaw*
-----------------------FDJ --- DM -------------------
---------------------------Bruno-----------------------
Sancho--------------Nunez-----------Ronaldo

In possession:

-------------------------------DDG---------------------
------------------ Varane --- Torres -------------
---------Timber------------------------DM----------
--------------------FDJ-----------Bruno-------------
Sancho------Nunez------Ronaldo----Shaw*

* or someone new

Nero

Ten Hag isn't randomly going to start playing a back 3.

Thank feck too, vile formation.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Unless were moving to a back three, we have Varane.
If we sign Timber, he'll be playing a lot at RB even without signing Torres, so both of them together makes sense for how ten Hag will want us to play. Timber and Shaw as inverted fbs, then two of Varane Maguire and Torres, and, seeing how Varane is made out of glass, each will get their fair share of games.

Dan_F

If we wanted a back three, we should have just gone for Conte. I don’t see any reason for it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We won’t sign 2 cb unless we sell at least 2. we’ll probably sign a cb and a full back for defence… a cm and either a winger or striker. Why does everyone think ten Hag will play 3 at the back? Has he ever used that for Ajax?

Giggsyking

We won’t sign 2 cb unless we sign one… we’ll probably sign a cb and a full back for defence… a cm and either a winger or striker. Why does everyone think ten Hag will play 3 at the back? Has he ever used that for Ajax?
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.