Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Just feck off. This is beyond boring now, Get Neves and give Zidane and Savage more game time. Sit back and watch Barca go into a complete financial meltdown ...
100%. I'm so over this deal. I'd be happy with Neves and Sesko as our last two signings of the window. Maybe a sneaky right back deal too. Zidane and Savage have looked good in preseason but not sure they're quite ready for the prem.

I Am Zlatan

I hope we never deal with Barca again, all the sagas involving them is like dealing with a bipolar ex girlfriend, it’s not even fun.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What about 7m instead of €17m Frenkie?
“No”
What if I tell everyone I love you?
“…”

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I wonder how long it would take Barca to agree a deal with de Jong if United did threaten to walk away. There is not a chance that anyone else will.offer €85m for him. They'd have to settle for much less.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Both Chelsea news and him possibly staying may indicate they want us to somehow pay more money as they can't agree with him about deferred wages. Also, both news coming on the same day.

In any case, this is the biggest bunch of crooks we've been dealing with, that's for sure.

Redcy

If we get neves instead of fdj it will be the end of EtH. same if not worse than going for fabregas and getting Fellaini.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'm sorry, but is De Jong really worth this shite? It's been an entire window and completely derailed other deals. He's a player who has underperformed in a style/club that is supposed to be ideal for him. If we're doing this for another Donny then... Wow.

RedMilo

Wouldn't suprise anyone though would it.
It wouldn't no. When you've got Simon Jordan and all his talksport numpties sticking the boot in, and as a utd fan you're struggling to justify the club's actions. It soul destroying mate, how far we have fallen.

This has gone on for far too long, if we don't get him, then we have been either used, or just desperate - probably both.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I know United are patient and willing to wait, but even they must be getting fed up with this crap now. I do wonder how long it'll actually be before they do pay the wages and just get it done with.

Laporta loves de Jong but but doesn't want to pay him what he's owed, makes sense doesn't it. "We love you frenkie, now if you could just sign here, here, here and initial here and here"

NZT-One

You are the one quoting squawks stats about how mobile he is despite all the evidence of him being about as mobile as an oil tanker. I can only assume you have never watched neves play.

fdj on the other hand has played in a system where he showed he doesn’t need a defensive dm. (Btw don’t quote schone unless you know what kind of dm he is)

I think neves is a perfectly fine player. But we would have to spend 60m minimum plus buy another midfielder with him. That’s why I wouldn’t buy him it’s a ludicrous buy, that on his own will see us get melted.

honestly if you are buying neves on his own you might as well not buy anyone and go with mcFred and save our money for a striker next year.

are there other options, yes, they aren’t as good as de jong,will be hard to buy, but at least we wont get completely run over on every turnover if we get them
At least I am quoting something to prove my point and not just state stuff requiring others just to trust you. Anyways, In case you forgot, I wrote "I'll give you the mobility point..." as I am not able to find any stats on that. And squawka having him as one with the most distance covered, doesn't proof anything of course, but at least it indicates, that mobility doesn't seem to be such an issue with him. So this part of the discussion is useless as I gave you the point already. And I am not here trying to sell you Neves, I even said, I am against him for such prices.
I just don't see it as a useful argument to say Neves would need somebody next to him when the same applies to FDJ as well. He is a roaming playmaker, not a DM. If you are fine playing without one, alright. But then it doesn't make sense to hold it against Neves and telling us stories about counter attacks. Those will happen, no matter who we bring in (even if we end up without a midfield signing) if we manage to get better on the possession front.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Either more Laporta mind games, Bernardo Silva is an impossible transfer this summer or Frenkie is close to lowering his wages.

I predicted him softening his stance if Bernardo is unattainable, both parties have left their options open during this saga.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Does that mean then, if Barca aren't selling de Jong (which we all know if posturing and BS), is their transfer window over? They wouldn't be able to register anyone else would they? So their talk of adding more players this summer is rubbish?

Barca are flip flopping on this so much, seems like they're definitely building the narrative of "Barca loved you very much, and offered you a way to stay, but you preferred the money over the club who cares for you"

RedMilo

I'm sorry, but is De Jong really worth this shite? It's been an entire window and completely derailed other deals. He's a player who has underperformed in a style/club that is supposed to be ideal for him. If we're doing this for another Donny then... Wow.
I think he would be great, I think he transforms the dynamics of our midfield, but the saga has gone on far too long now.

DVB is a completely different type of player, nice and tidy passer but has limited spacial awareness and doesn't affect games from what I've seen of him.

FDJ alongside a defensive midfielder would be ideal. Rice springs to mind but he is far too expensive, so Fred would have to do a job.

Those wanting Neves need their head checking..

Blood Mage

If we get neves instead of fdj it will be the end of EtH. same if not worse than going for fabregas and getting Fellaini.
That's going a bit far don't you think? Neves is a better footballer in his sleep than Fellaini.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Either more Laporta mind games, Bernardo Silva is an impossible transfer this summer or Frenkie is close to lowering his wages.

I predicted him softening his stance if Bernardo is unattainable, both parties have left their options open during this saga.
Silva isn't an unattainable target, apparently they've agreed a fee with Mendes and Guardiola won't stand in his way if he wants to leave. The only obstacle in the way is de Jong. He stays, no Silva and no one else, he goes, the show goes on.

The pay cut is extremely unlikely too, its been ruled out so many times that to go back on it now would be an epic u turn. Quite probably more narrative building, but it's getting tedious

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I know United are patient and willing to wait, but even they must be getting fed up with this crap now. I do wonder how long it'll actually be before they do pay the wages and just get it done with.

Laporta loves de Jong but but doesn't want to pay him what he's owed, makes sense doesn't it. "We love you frenkie, now if you could just sign here, here, here and initial here and here"
Utd are getting to a point where they wouldn't have to spend money. The fans have already bought into the idea that its Frenkie or nothing because ETH said so. Its a win win for them. They must be creaming themselves with the latest Romero update. Jokes

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think he would be great, I think he transforms the dynamics of our midfield, but the saga has gone on far too long now.

DVB is a completely different type of player, nice and tidy passer but has limited spacial awareness and doesn't affect games from what I've seen of him.

FDJ alongside a defensive midfielder would be ideal. Rice springs to mind but he is far too expensive, so Fred would have to do a job.

Those wanting Neves need their head checking..
Maybe - but the amount of baggage and scrutiny he would now be under if he came would be insane. Also, how often have players left Ajax in recent years and looked the level they did whilst there? Rarely happens, if ever, and the EPL is brutal. He would need time to adjust and, after this saga, I'm not sure he'd get it.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Does that mean then, if Barca aren't selling de Jong (which we all know if posturing and BS), is their transfer window over? They wouldn't be able to register anyone else would they? So their talk of adding more players this summer is rubbish?

Barca are flip flopping on this so much, seems like they're definitely building the narrative of "Barca loved you very much, and offered you a way to stay, but you preferred the money over the club who cares for you"
I'm not sure this is about Barca painting him as greedy or leaving for the money. It's not a case of a club trying to keep a player whilst other clubs offer more money, usually it's the player wanting to leave so the club can say "we did our best to keep him". Cules don't need Laporta to do that as fans already want Bernardo Silva who is a better fit for the 433.

Our transfer window would very much be over and another lever will have to be used to register the players if Frenkie does end up staying.

As for your other post, I agree a pay cut is very unlikely at this stage but I can't imagine him staying on his current contract, not because he isn't within his rights to do that but the guy loves the club to a fault and I doubt he jeopardizes the clubs signings. He isn't like Bale, he's 25 entering his prime so he's not going to create a hostile environment at the club especially in a World cup year.. Xavi won't leave him in the stands either as we saw that threat with Dembele, the result: Dembele played a major role in getting 2nd place.

I still feel he will leave eventually, we are certainly in the end game of a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.