Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Born2Lose

I’d be more worried if nobody else was interested in him, which has seemed to be the case until now. Do no other clubs rate him that highly?
Don't think it's a matter of if they rate him or not, other big clubs are too sensible to get involved in such a farce in which it will be so difficult to find a resolution.

Chief123

What I find the most bizarre aspect about this transfer (and others) is the smiles and satisfaction on some fans for being "right" about him never coming. Like, how can you be happy your club has missed out on a great signing just to be right on a forum. We still don't know which way this goes, but some very strange satisfactory posts ready to "laugh my ass off". Whichever side of the muppet train is right in the end, the truth is neither side have had a clue all along. Both sides have tossed a coin up and now celebrating when their side of the coin wins.

izec

What I find the most bizarre aspect about this transfer (and others) is the smiles and satisfaction on some fans for being "right" about him never coming. Like, how can you be happy your club has missed out on a great signing just to be right on a forum. We still don't know which way this goes, but some very strange satisfactory posts ready to "laugh my ass off". Whichever side of the muppet train is right in the end, the truth is neither side have had a clue all along. Both sides have tossed a coin up and now celebrating when their side of the coin wins.
It is their way of handling the disappointment. They dont want to admit it, but it is painful losing out on him. We know we are fecked, there is no backup for him after 2 months of feck all.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Wow. If he really prefers Chelsea to us and Tuchel is pushing for him, this has been a monumental waste of time.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Maybe they were just waiting for us to do the groundwork
We've not really done anything though, we've agreed a bit and told them to get on with it.

If we'd have said we're paying his wages etc then maybe Chelsea could come in and do the same, but aside from that, we've done nothing aside certify that Barca DO want to sell

WPMUFC

Why shouldn't we be?

Nothing has changed, another team has come into the fray, thats about it. We shouldn't be losing our shit over it in all honesty
was just about to post this, there's 25 new pages and commiseration for the muppets.....but nothing new has happened. :lol:

Not great that a Tier 1 is now linking Chelsea, but i've also read his follow up tweets and it's essentially "Chelsea are looking into a bid, the whole saga is a shit show" :lol:

RedMilo

I reckon that's it now - I wonder how we are going to 'spin' not signing him after all this time chasing him, to the detriment of one of our most important windows in living memory.

Even the Chelsea journo's are having a pop saying the club will ensure they get the players buy in from an early stage, unlike Utd.

Lack of Champions League football gives us no hope against Chelsea(even without the London factor), and if he does pick up now, you have to ask yourself, why and question his mentality for picking us.. He has got to want to be here for the right reasons, which is questionable anyway given his love for Barca.

It's a sad situation - its just depressing.. Im gutted.

Do not sign Neves - nowhere near good enough. Rice/Bellingham combination would be ideal, but would cost £250m so not happening. I like Valverde at Real, but he generally plays to the right of a 3 man midfield, so goes against the ETH double pivot, not saying Real would sell either. Veratti/Barella maybe.. still probably unattainable without CL football. It would'nt suprise me, if we end up with a 'past his best' Kante, if Chelsea sign FDJ..

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Feel sorry for the muppets that have been and still are very invested in this.
I feel sorry for those who kept repeating the same mantra:

''Would we still be after him? He's surely given his word to EtH that he wants to come here.''

Now we'll see what will happen although i still hope he does come.

Asleepdemand

If De Jong thing doesn't happen than i don't buy idea for Neves. Matheus Nunes from Sporting is much better in press resistant and carrying the ball forward

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
was just about to post this, there's 25 new pages and commiseration for the muppets.....but nothing new has happened. :lol:

Not great that a Tier 1 is now linking Chelsea, but i've also read his follow up tweets and it's essentially "Chelsea are looking into a bid, the whole saga is a shit show" :lol:
Exactly, you have to wonder where the news has come from too. Is it from Spain, or from England?
We know that Barca are taking the piss big time lately and throwing all kinds of crap about, it's not out of the realms of possibility that Ornies source has been told to say something. I have no idea and that does sound very conspiricy like, but if it was coming from Chelsea, wouldn't more people have reported it now? I just have no idea, i'm so confused by it all. Lets just ride the storm and see where it takes us

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I know what's happening here. This Chelsea link is to help this thread get to 2000 pages before he signs.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I reckon that's it now - I wonder how we are going to 'spin' not signing him after all this time chasing him, to the detriment of one of our most important windows in living memory.

Even the Chelsea journo's are having a pop saying the club will ensure they get the players buy in from an early stage, unlike Utd.

Lack of Champions League football gives us no hope against Chelsea(even without the London factor), and if he does pick up now, you have to ask yourself, why and question his mentality for picking us.. He has got to want to be here for the right reasons, which is questionable anyway given his love for Barca.

It's a sad situation - its just depressing.. Im gutted.

Do not sign Neves - nowhere near good enough. Rice/Bellingham combination would be ideal, but would cost £250m so not happening. I like Valverde at Real, but he generally plays to the right of a 3 man midfield, so goes against the ETH double pivot, not saying Real would sell either. Veratti/Barella maybe.. still probably unattainable without CL football. It would'nt suprise me, if we end up with a 'past his best' Kante, if Chelsea sign FDJ..
One negative news and it's believed. Good ol' CAF.

We have had a bid accepted FYI. It's the wages that's causing the issue. Even if Chelsea too have a bid accepted there's still the issue of his deferred wages.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I feel sorry for those who kept repeating the same mantra:

''Would we still be after him? He's surely given his word to EtH that he wants to come here.''

Now we'll see what will happen although i still hope he does come.
Its like qanon folk banding together for kennedy's return :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Reminds me of when I consolidated all my credit cards into one balance transfer and then acted like I was loaded and went and maxed out my credit card again in a week

Summit

I hope chelsea do Barca in this de Jong saga and make them believe we will pay them 100 mn euros for his signing and his deferred wages but make sure it will never reach them.

De Jong will stay there and they can't able to register their players like raphinha kounde and lewa. Any one can dream.
That would be beautiful.

Summit

Reminds me of when I consolidated all my credit cards into one balance transfer and then acted like I was loaded and went and maxed out my credit card again in a week
How the feck? Haha

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

They're on the road to financial ruin... Barca fire sale next season. Snap em' up whilst they're cheap!
They never learn do they

RedMilo

One negative news and it's believed. Good ol' CAF.

We have had a bid accepted FYI. It's the wages that's causing the issue. Even if Chelsea too have a bid accepted there's still the issue of his deferred wages.
It's not the news, its the source of the news(Orny/Chelsea Journo's). The Caf has been in denial over Chelsea actually interest, but its now 100% verified as accurate and that discussions are now taking place over a deal, which put's a completely different slant on it, as we thought we had a free run at him, hence their confidence.

It doesn't end well for MUFC this now, in my opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.