g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Your comment right here kind of illustrates the level of brain washing and delusion Barca have executed on their fans.

You actually genuinely still believe in the super league which every team abandoned except those 2 and Juve. I don’t know whether you even followed what happened with the other clubs, but it turned the football world upside down. There’s absolutely no chance they’ll entertain that again.

Barca and Madrid must be living in cuckoo land if they think they are going to have a super league with no other big teams. The premier league teams certainly won’t be joining.

Barca really are clinging on to the hope of having this cash cow which has basically been butchered already.
maybe Barca can play Madrid every week

el aburrimiento :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
While that may be true, Ornstein himself has reported Chelsea are in for De Jong.

And Ornstein‘s reputation is spotless.

Btw - I’m completely with you. I do believe he will move to United this summer. Hoping the Chelsea interest speeds it up!
I don’t doubt that they’re in for him, but I think we all panicked a little prematurely in here at the news and I think (hope) that Chelsea are being used a little to bait united

mav_9me

That's the spirit.

Just focus on us, why worry about West Ham.

Maybe I'm alone, but I just want to enjoy watching us again, hopefully that leads to top 4 and a trophy. Last few years have been tumescent and miserable.
Definitely not alone. I don't care about other teams or our final position. The main thing that matters to me is how is ETH able to affect our style of play. A very far distant second is points gained.

I had high expectations of Rangnick, and his first game was great but pretty soon it was all a mess.

So all I want is him to show his effect on our play.

Suv666

I don’t doubt that they’re in for him, but I think we all panicked a little prematurely in here at the news and I think (hope) that Chelsea are being used a little to bait united
Naa its not baiting. The Chelsea news is coming from the English journalists. They are definitely in for him.

Counterfactual

Fill yer boots muppets, we're in the home stretch of happy delusion before we collide with cold reality as waves of McFred crash over us and dash us on the rocks of what could've been!

Well for starters, I'd suggest learning to count! If/when they get Cucurella that will be five. You may not rate some of them, but then you aren't the Chelsea manager (I presume).

the lack of respect for Sterling in the caf (maybe not you) astounds me. I'd love us to have bought him. We clearly looked at Koulibaly and I'm sure had we bought him lots of people here would have heralded it as a great success.

Turning to us, let's not pretend Malacia is a guaranteed starter. The only player we actually negotiated a price for and who is likely to be a starter is Martinez. And we started from a long way behind Chelsea going into the summer
fecking hell man. Calm down.

Why are we counting none completed signings?

And who, aside from the reserve keeper from the MLS, (a Lee Grant-esque signing), Koulibaly and Sterling have they bought that makes the fourth?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-chelsea/transfers/verein/631

I like Sterling, will do well. Stop being so fecking weird.

Godfather

They’ve only spent 100m so far, bids mean little till they are complete. They can bid 500m, doesn’t mean they need to complete the signings.
That's not true. Generally, you are bound by your declarations of intent for a certain period of time. You can't just go round bidding for players and then say: Nah just a joke mate. There are different ways to withdraw from declarations and contracts but as a general rule you are bound to them.

Which makes the question from the poster you quoted more than justified. How the hell can they spend so much

That's not true. Generally, you are bound by your declarations of intent for a certain period of time. You can't just go round bidding for players and then say: Nah just a joke mate
Of course you can :lol:

Clubs retract bids often. If not, you could offer the player 500 quid a week.

Not that I’m saying Chelsea are doing that, but they have bid on Kounde, Raphinha, there’s talk of a bid for FDJ, but none of those bid mean anything if they don’t complete.

Godfather

Of course you can :lol:

Clubs retract bids often. If not, you could offer the player 500 quid a week.

Not that I’m saying Chelsea are doing that, but they have bid on Kounde, Raphinha, there’s talk of a bid for FDJ, but none of those bid mean anything if they don’t complete.
You are not making any sense here I fear. And no you can't for no reason retract from a binding offer for no reason. Consumer protection rights often give consumer the possibility to withdraw from their offers or contracts but as a company you are bound by that.

You are not making any sense here I fear. And no you can't for no reason retract from a binding offer for no reason. Consumer protection rights often give consumer the possibility to withdraw from their offers or contracts but as a company you are bound by that.
As I say, you can simply offer the player shit terms. It’s not difficult to get out of a bid.

You’re not buying a house here, it’s a person. So no, the same consumer protection rights aren’t given here.

But why would anyone do that? There's a lot of work to be done before you put a bid in for a player, doing all that if you don't plan to buy him anyway doesn't seem logical to me.
feck me, read my posts again to you, I explained I don’t believe Chelsea would do that, or are doing that. But just because they’ve bid on a shit load of players, such as Kounde and Raphinha doesn’t mean they will end up spending it, or even that they are prepared to spend it.

TheReligion

Abusive
A more reliable Chelsea source
So they’ve been offered De Jong.

Barca definitely pushing this and hoping perhaps Chelsea will look at tempting De Jong with more money in his pocket?

Essentially do everything they can to get someone else to make up for these deferred wages.

TheReligion

Abusive
Especially being forced out at his current club, so total lack of appreciation
This is why I don’t think it’s as simple as CL football.

If it is, fair enough. Good luck Frenkie and Chelsea. Nothing that the club can do about that however you’d expect this was mentioned very early on as a dealbreaker.

But if he buys in to what Ten Hag wants to do (and he knows the guy very well from Ajax and has a great relationship with him), recognises the club very much appreciated him and have been essentially putting everything out since the end of last season to sign him, I think United have got a big chance of getting him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What I will say is that if we are willing to pay the deferred wages then why the feck have they waited this long? Now that Chelsea have come in is the reason. If football was at the forefront of the clubs focus they wouldn’t care about the £17m and they’d have paid it weeks ago to ensure the manager gets what he wants. This club is honestly so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.