Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko21

Why would Fergie do that though, knowing the image of United and the board to the fans is at a low point at the moment, why would he spill something like that knowing it'd get back to the press or mentioned on an interview? He's just contributing to the fans hating the club and the board even more, doing us absolutely no favours. Unless he's a chaotic kinda guy who loves seeing fans protest and the sorts?
Not saying he did. Could be pure coincidence. I just know that they were both involved in filming earlier this week.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Very true! I do agree, but the update about Uniteds frustration to me is setting the groundwork for 'united no longer interested, taking too long' face saving exercise.
I don't think we'd walk away because Barca are dragging their feet, they need to get it sorted before the 13th apparently.
I do see us spinning it if he truly does want Chelsea saying that we were in for him, but another club came in and offered to clear the wages, which we weren't prepared to do etc. The fact we're still staying were confident, and ten Hag didn't seem too offput today and said when theres news, you'll hear it, says to me this isn't as clear cut as good ol 'Arry would have us believe. Maybe what he's been told was taken out of context etc. I just don't know, but i don't think things are as clear cut as that statement makes them out to be, regardless of the word matter of fact added

RedorDead21

He wouldn't be living in Manchester, he'd be in Hale which is one of the most expensive areas in the country. Cobham/Esher, Surrey is where he would probably live if he moved to Chelsea
most Europeans would prefer London in fairness. If only for the many airports to choose to fly back and forth etc. it has pretty much everything Manchester has apart from the lovely northern folk. The fact England’s 2 biggest clubs are northern says even more for their ability to achieve that in the face of their geographical challenges.

If we're out of this one, then i'd expect us to brief as much later on.

We moved on from Timber when he said he wanted to stay at Ajax and we moved on from Brobbey when he said he wanted to sign for Ajax. I'd expect us to do the same this time too.
Lets see if/when the brief comes and what it contains
Even with the media there he had every chance to say it was something we explored but we’ve moved on.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Translates to: Frenkie wants CL football. His agent is putting the word out to those clubs.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don't think we'd walk away because Barca are dragging their feet, they need to get it sorted before the 13th apparently.
I do see us spinning it if he truly does want Chelsea saying that we were in for him, but another club came in and offered to clear the wages, which we weren't prepared to do etc. The fact we're still staying were confident, and ten Hag didn't seem too offput today and said when theres news, you'll hear it, says to me this isn't as clear cut as good ol 'Arry would have us believe. Maybe what he's been told was taken out of context etc. I just don't know, but i don't think things are as clear cut as that statement makes them out to be, regardless of the word matter of fact added
Your positivity is contageous! :D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Frenkie wants to join PSG
Frenkie wants to join Milan
Frenkie wants to join City
Frenkie wants to join Newcastle
Frenkie says relax

Infra-red

Of course he wants to join Bayern - who wouldn't. They aren't in for him (or at least not at the money Bara want).

joedirt87

if barca think United are being stingy not paying up the deferred wages good luck to them negotiating with Bayern for it.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Are we all in agreement that if he doesn't sign this transfer window we will keep up the daily updates until January 1st?

Witchking

ETH clearly said, he only needs the right players and if they are not available, the players within the squad are being developed. I am happy with this as this is the first time a manager is brought in and is ready to improve the existing players. We have a decent bunch and if they can be improved from the shit show that was last season, we might have a chance finishing top 4.

El-Manos

What’s with this obsession with champions league football? You’d swear they are never going to play in it again

NotQuiteManc

I will be very surprised if Bayern would pay the supposed deferred wages, let alone the huge transfer fee especially after already spent big on MdL.

James35

At this point with all these bloody reports, I’m sure Frenkie would rather do time than join United.

romufc

I will be very surprised if Bayern would pay the supposed deferred wages, let alone the huge transfer fee especially after already spent big on MdL.
Yup after they signed Gravenbach and still have Kimmich Goretzka and some young talent like Musiala

Fridge chutney

The location thing is a nonsense in my opinion. Neither London or Manchester has a beach or sun. You’d live rurally in both areas not central.

CL football is literally the only thing. If he doesn’t want to be part of what we are looking to do at United feck him.
I actually prefer Manchester to London. Great gateway to so many beautiful places that are close like the place west between Manchester and Sheffield (i forget the name) and the lake district etc.

Also the city is quite fun and has good neighbourhoods.

the_cliff

What a crazy thread.

There hasn't been any good news on this since about page 600 and it's still going on. :lol:

Crashoutcassius

Wonder is there a possibility that frenkie is holding out for more money than his agreement. I'd be surprised if the wage deferral didn't have an agreement on how much would be paid if he left... What if he is holding out for more than was agreed in that.

We discuss united leverage but frenkie has huge leverage since barce just can't afford to keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.