Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

We shouldn’t neglect positions in need of strengthening obviously, but it should be done in line with the managers/DOF plan for how we play. Obviously we have a list of targets we work down so as an example we work on Fabian Ruiz etc if FDJ doesn’t join, but we don’t lose our nerve and go buy somebody useless for way over the asking price just to say we signed a midfielder. We have to get away from Pogba and Sanchez type signings that cost a fortune and realistically added very little to the squad.
100%. I don’t want anyone signing a player without the manager expressly wanting him. I am convinced we made several board-instigated signings in recent years, some of which at odds with football development strategy, some of which just not wanted by the managers.

Alternatively we go down a head-coach-only route and appoint someone suitably experienced and talented as “head of football operations” (or whatever) to take charge of long term strategy and recruitment. I don’t like that option really but it has to be all or nothing.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It's strange how we were linked with every one of those players immediately before it was announced they were on the verge of signing for PSG. Did we force them into action or are clubs just taking the piss out of us by making it look like we are failing in every deal we try to do?
:lol: This is actually true

Slysi17

Frenkie De Jong transfer saga is like the neverendng story. It just won't freaking end.

OrcaFat

Whilst nothing much changes
All these “big news coming” tweets get me annoyed. They do it and then a while later they say “Barca do not need to sell Frenkie” and next they say “Just in! Silva will be signed but Frenkie must leave.” Then “Laporta: I love Frenkie, he’s like a cherub to me.”

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
All these “big news coming” tweets get me annoyed. They do it and then a while later they say “Barca do not need to sell Frenkie” and next they say “Just in! Silva will be signed but Frenkie must leave.” Then “Laporta: I love Frenkie, he’s like a cherub to me.”
I'm certain it's because they have no idea whats going on. I think it was @Regulus Arcturus Black said to me in a reply a few days ago, the only ones who will truly know what's happening are United, de Jong, ten Hag and his agent. Barca likely don't even fully know whats going on because all de Jong will be saying to them is "pay up what you owe me". The Chelsea links are likely to put pressure on United because Barca know they're interested and they know United really want him.

Of course we'll never know whats actually happening

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
This confirms it for me, this is a power play by Barcelona to get United to cover De Jong's wages. All of a sudden now after Tuchel said they aren't interested in adding a midfielder, now PSG are in the mix. It's laughable :lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This confirms it for me, this is a power play by Barcelona to get United to cover De Jong's wages. All of a sudden now after Tuchel said they aren't interested in adding a midfielder, now PSG are in the mix. It's laughable :lol:
You seem shocked by this? If Tuchel hadn't have said anything last night, you can be sure that the Chelsea links would have gotten louder today... instead it's PSG now. Who will it be tomorrow

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Oh look... Chelsea pour cold water on the midfielder links, now de Jong is going to PSG. Now tell me they have any idea whats going on
I have missed news it seems. Has Chelsea made a statement pal?

Dazzmondo

With Fabian Ruiz going to PSG that's the ideal FDJ alternative off the table imo. Struggling to think of anyone who can really progress the ball while also being solid defensively.

saik

That's like the 4th or 5th time he tweeted the same shit "things are happening". Guys stop giving him the attention. He's just screwing with you all posting random nonsense.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
With Fabian Ruiz going to PSG that's the ideal FDJ alternative off the table imo. Struggling to think of anyone who can really progress the ball while also being solid defensively.
If Ruiz is going to PSG without United making a move for him (outside of some scattered reports in Italy), that must mean they are still VERY confident on de Jong does it not?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If Ruiz is going to PSG without United making a move for him (outside of some scattered reports in Italy), that must mean they are still VERY confident on de Jong does it not?
Ruiz has no connection to ETH, though, so with how our window is going so far, who knows

MF1138

PSG gonna sell Veratti to Man City. :lol:

How is this guy considered a journalist at this point, let alone tier anything?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
yep Romero is clickbaiting at this point. The guy has been BS'ing all window. Might as well black last him at this point

Superden

I'm getting triggered by my fellow muppets getting triggered by some twitter ITK...

Dazzmondo

Or it means we weren't aware or ever interested in making a bid for him. Just as we were never interested in making a bid for Bruno Guimaraes or countless other talented players who clearly would have improved us.

Status
Not open for further replies.