Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

FDJ and his team start leaking their side of stories while United is finally talking about "alternatives".
Time to get excited, again.
As I kept saying, we've been giving him too much respect. He's not Messi / Mbappe. Just say deal with your shit by X or we're walking away. We've waited long enough and we're scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

If ETH doesn't know at least 1 CM in the whole of world football that can improve us he should resign. As things stand his refusal to look beyond FDJ will see us without a win in the first 5-6 matches.
*1 attainable CM (lots of players don't want to move and lots of others are priced out).

That should still leave a reasonable number but it keeps getting smaller as the transfer window ticks.

MF1138

There is no moving on at this point... It's either this gets sorted out some way or we panic buy anyone that might be better than mcfred... Time for everyone to get on board and will this into existence;)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is that really what you want, Joan? To not be able to register all your shiny new feckers before Saturday? I’d have thought you’d have wanted to play them, but what do I know?

Chief123

I feel a lot of people will be disappointed when Barca don't crash and burn to the ground. It simply won't happen. Barca have had financial problems for over 10 years. They will find a way to survive. La Liga of all institutions will simply not let Barca disappear when it's their biggest asset alongside R Madrid. In fact, Real Madrid wouldn't want Barca to dissolve either.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Something has to give this week. We'll see more and more sensational 'BREAKING NEWS' from the Spanish press as they get nervous and edgy. I still think we'll go back in (if we ever went out), I think this is all part of our 'happy to play the long game'

Chief123

Is that really what you want, Joan? To not be able to register all your shiny new feckers before Saturday? I’d have thought you’d have wanted to play them, but what do I know?
They will all be registered for the new season. Even if FDJ is there.

DutchCruijff

We know for certain now that Utd have now become "desperate" as described by a number of reporters. It's evident in our bids for Arnautovic and Rabiot.

When the Utd board becomes desperate, they throw money at the problem. So what is failing to add up to the FDJ story right now is that the hold up can not be just down to FDJ being owed 17m. I just don't believe FDJ would pack his bags and be on his way to Manchester if Barca wrote him a cheque for 17m right now. Because the truth is, Utd would without a doubt be happy to write that cheque for Barca right now due to how desperate we have become. It would cost us more than 17m in total (fee+wages+sign on) for someone like Rabiot. So it's not feasible to suggest Utd don't want to pay the 17m. It's easy to do by just using loopholes. The 17m owed being the sole factor in the delay is just not adding up anymore. Especially not in cohesion with our current actions.
We've only become "desperate" since FT yesterday.

Do you really think Rabiot was thought up just yesterday?

The club was still parroting the line of "taking it to the wire, don't want to be mugged off".

It's only now we will hear stories of wanting to pay his salary.

He is most certainly going to be hounded out of Barca.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
As much as I wanted the club to back ETH, we should have told him we'd give Barca a week (from fee being agreed) then we/he has to move on to alt targets.

Barca have had option of the fee, keeping player/lower wages and/or seeing how levers go.. basically had their cake, eaten it and we've washed up.

The negotiations for this deal have had huge ramifications... pre season, start of PL, how club is viewed, agents/clubs of other players knowing we're weak. Very good player but you've got to have a line in the sand and stick to it.

romufc

Exactly. I dont get why people dont understand this?

If you follow the pattern, you'll realise they'll be fine.

They had same issues last season, ended up registering all.

In June it was reported they need 600m by end of June or they cant sign players.

They spent alot of money, then it was mentioned, 31st July, whoops that's gone too.

It was said, they need to sell to buy, sold no one, bought loads.

Now, they cant register their signings unless they sell... see the pattern?

I guarantee they'll be fine.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

In June it was reported they need 600m by end of June or they cant sign players.

They spent alot of money, then it was mentioned, 31st July, whoops that's gone too.

After letting Messi go

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The fans still keeping this thread alive :lol: I must admire your stubbornness of not letting this one die.

You are true muppets.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
How would it have been done? de Jong just walking away from money he believes hes owed?

Would you walk away from that much money?
I don't think he has a choice tbh. I'm not sure how it works tbh, but my understanding is he signed a contract. Barca have paid his wage as per contract and want to sell before it goes up. To me it's like a player we could sell with a year left and them refusing to go unless we pay the final year

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Third point kinda invalidates Chelseas interest though doesn't it?

If they're interested but yet to submit a bid, because apparently they're waiting for a green light, but are willing to pay his outstanding wages, therefore creating the green light, why haven't they done so yet?
They're interested, yes, but i don't think they're THAT interested in him. Barca have been hyping the interest up to get United to crack and pay, i'm sure of it
I’ve read that Chelsea will only make a bid once the player has agreed to a move. Might explain them not having submitted an official bid yet - though Tuchel denied an interest in the midfielder and they’re supposedly about to submit a third offer for Fofana.

2 man midfield

Because pretty much every source has said so? What is the deal even based on if Barcelona don’t need money? We didn’t have a chance at De Jong until Barca asked if we were interested.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If we could just pay him 17 million to get the transfer done - why hasn’t it still be done?

Seems like it doesn’t make sense

sewey89

La Liga have rejected their attempts to register them, so while I agree that they'll find a way, the dismissal of it being an issue by some in here is weird

romufc

Because pretty much every source has said so? What does the deal even based on if Barcelona don’t need money?
Every source also doesn't know where Barca are getting the money?

Also, what source are you looking at? Gerrard Romero? the one who changes his view every hour?

2 man midfield

If we could just pay him 17 million to get the transfer done - why hasn’t it still be done?

Seems like it doesn’t make sense
Apparently that’s illegal. Not that they couldn’t find a way round that, in fact that’s probably the least shady thing Barcelona would’ve been involved in that week.

OmarUnited4ever

If we look at it from the very beginning when De Jong joined Barca (iirc agreement announced in Feb 2019 and officially unveiled in Summer 2019), De Jong initially signed a 5 years deal worth 14M annually, so if Barca wants him to revert to his first contract, then that would mean: -

- He is still owed 17M from the 2nd and 3rd year of his contract.
- this year (4th year) he is owed 14.
- his original contract expires in summer 24.

Even if De Jong accepts his current contract to be annulled and reverted to the previous terms, it would mean the club will "legally" him 17M this time, compared to Bartemeou's contract.

Xaviboy

When is transfer window over? Think Ten Hag will be staring at his phone at 23.59pm that day waiting for Frankie to call to sign.

sewey89

Still no gap between De and Jong in the thread title.

Fairly sure that's what is holding the deal up at this point.

diarm

If they've asked him to annul his contract then surely he's available on a free?

Offer to double his 17m as a signing on fee and get this mess over with. If he says no to that, then stick a fork in it.

sewey89

When is transfer window over? Think Ten Hag will be staring at his phone at 23.59pm that day waiting for Frankie to call to sign.
If he doesn't come this week and Barca register all of their signings on the 13th, then it's done and it isn't happening.

2 man midfield

Every source also doesn't know where Barca are getting the money?

Also, what source are you looking at? Gerrard Romero? the one who changes his view every hour?
Look I don’t follow this thread all that closely. The way I see it, if he signs I’ll probably hear about it. But all the noise coming from the deal, the whole reason there’s a deal in the first place, is that Barcelona need to sell Frenkie De Jong. If they don’t, then this doesn’t even get off the ground.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We know for certain now that Utd have now become "desperate" as described by a number of reporters. It's evident in our bids for Arnautovic and Rabiot.

When the Utd board becomes desperate, they throw money at the problem. So what is failing to add up to the FDJ story right now is that the hold up can not be just down to FDJ being owed 17m. I just don't believe FDJ would pack his bags and be on his way to Manchester if Barca wrote him a cheque for 17m right now. Because the truth is, Utd would without a doubt be happy to write that cheque for Barca right now due to how desperate we have become. It would cost us more than 17m in total (fee+wages+sign on) for someone like Rabiot. So it's not feasible to suggest Utd don't want to pay the 17m. It's easy to do by just using loopholes. The 17m owed being the sole factor in the delay is just not adding up anymore. Especially not in cohesion with our current actions.
They still need to get players off their wage bill regardless they pay him the deferred wages. Otherwise how will they register the 4-5 players they have now and the 2 more they intend to get? FdJ wont be the only one they need to ship out but he certainly is the most impactful for their books.

Chief123

So they have no need to sell? What’s the issue then?
I have zero knowledge, but I have absolute confidence that Barca will have all their players registered. As they say, Quote me on it! There is zero chance of Barca not doing what it takes to get their players registered. They will pull as many levers as they need to to make it happen. They are just working their way down the "last resort" list as and when needed. Laporta like other presidents is only bothered about the Here and Now. If that means causing further damage to the potential future of Barca, it will be of little concern to him.

2 man midfield

I have zero knowledge, but I have absolute confidence that Barca will have all their players registered. As they say, Quote me on it! There is zero chance of Barca not doing what it takes to get their players registered. They will pull as many levers as they need to to make it happen. They are just working their way down the "last resort" list as and when needed. Laporta like other presidents is only bothered about the Here and Now. If that means causing further damage to the potential future of Barca, it will be of little concern to him.
I’ve read about their selling 25% of the next 25 years of tv money or something. Seems like absolutely reckless management. I think I’d rather sell De Jong if I was them.

Chief123

They still need to get players off their wage bill regardless. Otherwise how will they register the 4-5 players they have now and the 2 more they intend to get? FdJ wont be the only one they need to ship out but he certainly is the most impactful for their books.
But that's part of my point. The narrative amongst us all is that 17m is all that is holding up this deal. I just don't believe it is. If it was, then Utd would be outside their office right now with the 17m cheque. I'm convinced they would be happy to pay it because of the desperation we are showing now.

Teja

Look I don’t follow this thread all that closely. The way I see it, if he signs I’ll probably hear about it. But all the noise coming from the deal, the whole reason there’s a deal in the first place, is that Barcelona need to sell Frenkie De Jong. If they don’t, then this doesn’t even get off the ground.
Yep basically this. In an ideal world, Barca want to replace FdJ in their squad with Bernardo and that improves them significantly.

The rest is an elaborate dance around that to figure out who pays how much to whom.

Chief123

I’ve read about their selling 25% of the next 25 years of tv money or something. Seems like absolutely reckless management. I think I’d rather sell De Jong if I was them.
I've mentioned it previously in this thread, Barca's financial future is like the global climate. Everyone knows there needs to be change for the safety of the future, but the motivation to act now is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.