Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
After yesterdays shit show I expected some positive news about this one, doesn't seem to be the case.
You just keep falling for it dont you?

There is absolutely nothing to suggest hes coming to us anymore. Id give this one up my friend

RedDevil@84

After yesterdays shit show I expected some positive news about this one, doesn't seem to be the case.
I doubt there is anything that United can do, if he doesn't wanna leave. There has been constant news of him not being open to move. But United fans dismissed all those based on blind belief that the board is not so incompetent that they will be in the race without any actual assurances. Some even believed that ETH gets regular updates from FDJ, again based on belief in our competence.

Maybe the belief is misplaced. Who knows.

Cloud7

Sam from the ultra reliable Samstransfers posted that he will no longer cover United news, as he was provided fake news. shocking stuff.
With a last name like transfers…how could they betray him like that

Hammondo

I think FDJ is old enough to know which is the biggest club. It's a bullshit quote
I don't think its that simple. A.C. Milan have won a lot more than us in Europe and we are the bigger club, more recent results matter more.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Kids, like actual little kids, maybe, but anyone older than 15 would know the reality. A twenty something involved in football like FDJ might see Chelsea as the more attractive club to sign for but it won’t be because he thinks Chelsea are a bigger club. It’s a moot point anyway, as he didn’t really say Chelsea are bigger than United.
Who really cares about the bigger club though as a professional? No one seems to want to come to United because it's about which club is gonna give a player the most success. Honestly, who in their right mind would want to go to Manchester United right now? I'm not trolling, but would you really want to be in there if you weren't a huge fan of the club?

Every single player looks absolutely miserable to be there, it's a really negative atmosphere, and the media can't stop taking shots at them and ridicule the entire organization. Social media feasts on these intentionally inflammatory posts to get reactions from the huge fanbase that United has and get engagements.

Gandalf

He hasnt talked to any team mate past or present? Not one? Wise up
I never said that he had not so not sure why I need to wise up, I am sure he talks to all kinds of people all of the time but where is any direct quote from Frenkie or a quote attributed to Memphis for example saying he is not coming.

The stories are Frenkie has told unnamed person he doesn't want to come to United, alongside the stories saying he does want to come, he is staying at Barca, he is leaving, he wants to go to Chelsea, he wants a curry for his tea and a 6 pack of babycham. None of them are verifiable in any way and they contradict themselves daily. It is clickbait driven rubbish until Frenkie or his agent publicly speaks on this.

Judas

Open to offers
How has it possibly come to this, if it's true, that we've been led up the garden path all summer.

I feel like our transfer activity over the last 48 hours has made anything possible with this board though.

Teja

Who really cares about the bigger club though as a professional? No one seems to want to come to United because it's about which club is gonna give a player the most success. Honestly, who in their right mind would want to go to Manchester United right now? I'm not trolling, but would you really want to be in there if you weren't a huge fan of the club?

Every single player looks absolutely miserable to be there, it's a really negative atmosphere, and the media can't stop taking shots at them and ridicule the entire organization. Social media feasts on these intentionally inflammatory posts to get reactions from the huge fanbase that United has and get engagements.
Yup there was a brief chance to frame the management changes + EtH's arrival as a reset of the culture but we still continue to be this incompetent. It's mind boggling.

We could've gotten one transfer window right and gone into the season, showed some good progress and people would've signed up for the project. But nope, usual chaos and last minute scattergun panic signings.

croadyman

How has it possibly come to this, if it's true, that we've been led up the garden path all summer.

I feel like our transfer activity over the last 48 hours has made anything possible with this board though.
This really is Fabregas 13 all over again, difference being is the player isn't waiting a year to join rival club

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
There is not one source Spanish or English that has said that he has any interest in joining United and yet we wasted months on this. What a club this is. It genuinely is hard to run a club this badly

croadyman

There is not one source Spanish or English that has said that he has any interest in joining United and yet we wasted months on this. What a club this is. It genuinely is hard to run a club this badly
Hard to support such a stupid club

Suv666

Can’t believe people aren’t seeing the writing on the wall here…
Fecks sake chased him for 90+ days and it took the racists 5 minutes to become the favourites.

Murtogh and Arnold are having a mare.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I don’t disagree with you. United does seem like a negative place at the moment, but I thought they were turning a new leaf with Ten Hag.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is the Woodward taking the flight from Australia moment for the current lot running this club

hobbers

This thread should have been locked 400 pages ago. Hopefully the mods have the good sense to delete it and bury the evidence come September 1st.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
All the reliable Chelsea journos on it now. He’s not staying at Barca and it’s only going one way I’m afraid

JSArsenal

Thats a grim quote. Not just missing out on FDJ but Chelsea seen as the bigger club - no they are not. they have the 4th biggest support just in London FFS - theyve just been roided up on Russian lucre for 20 odd years.
Do footballers actually care about that stuff?

Aguero, Yaya Toure, David Silva & many others all went to City when they had won the square root of feck all. Same for everyone Chelsea signed. PSG can't be seen as a big club and they were able to sign the best players in Europe, Thiago Silva spent his prime years there.

They're all mercenaries, throw enough money under their nose (,sell them on the "project" if they want to act like that matters) and they'll come. "Big club".

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
At this rate we're going to be kneeling at the foot of the bed, guiding Chelsea into de Jong.

cyberman

Can’t believe people aren’t seeing the writing on the wall here…
To be honest I thought this was dead weeks ago but we can’t go by what Chelsea think since they have been played about 50 times like this so far and came out worse

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Thats a grim quote. Not just missing out on FDJ but Chelsea seen as the bigger club - no they are not. they have the 4th biggest support just in London FFS - theyve just been roided up on Russian lucre for 20 odd years.
Did you just pull this out of your ass? Chelsea have comfortably the largest following of the London clubs globally now if you look at social media numbers (Instagram, Twitter). Don’t know how else you’d determine that scientifically.

We are obviously not a bigger club than United. We are a more attractive club to many players, though. That’s not to say all players.

Chief123

They've also won the Champion's League two seasons ago. There's a whole generation of players growing up with clubs like Chelsea and City being seen as bigger clubs than Manchester United, and it's only going to continue until they turn their fortunes around and start being relevant for actual accomplishments instead of constant media ridicule.
10-14 year old kids will never have seen Utd win anything or won’t have memories of it. At the age they are influenced on who to support, it’ll be City, Liverpool. Most kids in our friends and families are City supporters.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's been saying from day 1 that he doesn't want to join us. Yet dumb and dumber couldn't entertain the idea that what he was saying might be true. Now we're panicking

Status
Not open for further replies.