Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Pique is such a fecking spineless cnut by the way. Isn't this the second time he accepts to get absolutely fecked by Barca?
Think he just wants to retire there. Plus he's 35 years old, he's in the twilight years of his career. Not like he's going to play more than 2-3 seasons.

Messi is going back to Barca next year as a free agent, Pique wants his little reunion.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So they intend to pay the money that they originally owe, which is what De Jong and his agent asked for? Or are they under the impression that only future years are voided?

Godfather

Think he just wants to retire there. Plus he's 35 years old, he's in the twilight years of his career. Not like he's going to play more than 2-3 seasons.

Messi is going back to Barca next year as a free agent, Pique wants his little reunion.
I mean he could have just sit tight on his existing contract. Why accept being cut to almost half with no need to? Such a weird guy. Never liked him

TheHeya

Pique is such a fecking spineless cnut by the way. Isn't this the second time he accepts to get absolutely fecked by Barca?
Doing all he can to stay on good terms with everybody at the club including the fans. He wants to become president one day

JPRouve

Scout
Not exactly. Keep in mind that Piqué is linked to the club and long term it benefits his alleged ambition to one day be club president.

Loony BoB

I mean he could have just sit tight on his existing contract. Why accept being cut to almost half with no need to? Such a weird guy. Never liked him
It shows!

I'm in agreement with the other guys, if you have lived the club as long as Pique has then it's understandable to some degree. He's sooner retire than walk away from the club in my opinion. I like a loyal player, so no problems with me on that one. It's literally his boyhood local club and he's won everything playing for them. FDJ is a new recruit with only bad experiences. He and FDJ are worlds apart in their situations, tbh.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Surely that just determine who has the biggest stadium? :lol:
Er not really - Chelsea averaged 36k in a stadium of 41k last year. But size of stadium is an indicator of how big your club is - as is stadium attendence. I guess global twitter followers means something too but its really just measuring how many people globally, mostly in a fairly narrow age range, who have had an interest in the club. Doesnt mean they are avid supporters or wont switch to Man City twitter if you have a bad couple of years - attendence means more to me.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why is that illegal though?
There could be an argument that in giving out those contracts the directors and officers at the time did not exercise the required duty of care and duty of fiduciary loyalty and as a result did not act in the best interests of the corporation. This could result in a legal case against them.

Barca being Barca are probably taking this route because they have directors and officers liability insurance and by suing themselves figure they can get a payout.

Pearl.Jam

Frenkie’d rather starve than eat our bread.
Haha, kudos fella for the acknowledgment to the PJ reference…but the longer this goes on then it’s seriously going to mess our season up, if we persist with McFred then we may as well write the season off as they are, and let’s be honest here, a fvcking liability whether either of them plays

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nah. It’s politics. He wants the presidency.
Doesn’t he also have his fingers in a lot of pies too? He was heavily involved in some sort of move for the Super Cup moving to Saudi Arabia. He’s a dodgy fecker.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Er not really - Chelsea averaged 36k in a stadium of 41k last year. But size of stadium is an indicator of how big your club is - as is stadium attendence. I guess global twitter followers means something too but its really just measuring how many people globally, mostly in a fairly narrow age range, who have had an interest in the club. Doesnt mean they are avid supporters or wont switch to Man City twitter if you have a bad couple of years - attendence means more to me.
We were sanctioned mate. Chill :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
I didn't know that. Makes a bit more sense now.
He is the grandson of a former club executive, Amador Bernabeu. And years ago he mentioned that he wanted to maybe become a club executive one day.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Andy Mitten on the Talk of the Devils podcast suggests he’s more confident of this happening than a week ago.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I really really want this to happen. It’ll be so glorious to piss all over Chelsea and the doomers in this thread. I’ve just lost all faith at this point

Godfather

It shows!

I'm in agreement with the other guys, if you have lived the club as long as Pique has then it's understandable to some degree. He's sooner retire than walk away from the club in my opinion. I like a loyal player, so no problems with me on that one. It's literally his boyhood local club and he's won everything playing for them. FDJ is a new recruit with only bad experiences. He and FDJ are worlds apart in their situations, tbh.
Yeah I didn't know about his ambitions afterwards so fair enough. Still so weird that they hand out contracts and simply ask players to forget about that and accept lower wages again. And even weirder some are OK with it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Andy Mitten on the Talk of the Devils podcast suggests he’s more confident of this happening than a week ago.
You fecking what mate??

Get that title updated! Choo bastard choo

gza the genius

So they intend to pay the money that they originally owe, which is what De Jong and his agent asked for? Or are they under the impression that only future years are voided?
Yeah I don't really understand this. If the contract is illegal and void and they have to accept their 2020 terms then surely Barca would still have to pay the difference between the two contracts. They can't just decide it's only illegal when they have to pay back the money but not when the player accepted less money.

JPRouve

Scout
I have always like Andy Mitten, he is a top guy.

Devilyouknow

There could be an argument that in giving out those contracts the directors and officers at the time did not exercise the required duty of care and duty of fiduciary loyalty and as a result did not act in the best interests of the corporation. This could result in a legal case against them.

Barca being Barca are probably taking this route because they have directors and officers liability insurance and by suing themselves figure they can get a payout.
Barca hoping they can get a €150m payout :lol:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Only now, here at the end, with zero evidence or logic to support their faith, do the true muppets stand forth.

Sadly I'm not one of them. This one is done. After Sunday I don't see why any decent player would want to come here. It's gonna be a long season.

JPRouve

Scout
And if voided, would he become a free agent?
If it's only voided yes but here if I understand correctly they want the 2021 contract voided and the 2019 contract reinstated. If I'm De Jong I accept, tell them that they better pay what they owe me and that I intend to leave in 2024 as a free agent unless they double my wage in their contract extension offer.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Only now, here at the end, with zero evidence or logic to support their faith, do the true muppets stand forth.

Sadly I'm not one of them. This one is done. After Sunday I don't see why any decent player would want to come here. It's gonna be a long season.
Wether he comes or not, no sane player would would base his decision about a transfer in a single game.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If it's only voided yes but here if I understand correctly they want the 2021 contract voided and the 2019 contract reinstated. If I'm De Jong I accept, tell them that they better pay what they owe me and that I intend to leave in 2024 as a free agent unless they double my wage.
If they were to perform that stunt, would it count as a new contract? Would they need to register him again?

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah I don't really understand this. If the contract is illegal and void and they have to accept their 2020 terms then surely Barca would still have to pay the difference between the two contracts. They can't just decide it's only illegal when they have to pay back the money but not when the player accepted less money.
Either papers are making it up or Barcelona are dumber than we thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.