Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

The second one would defo put nail in the coffin for FDJ.

Even though them two are probably better than McFred we are going to have a serious lack of running power and agility in that midfield. Might as well bring back Matic and Fellani.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If they were to perform that stunt, would it count as a new contract? Would they need to register him again?
No they wouldn't need to register him or any player that they extend. The issue for Sergi Roberto and Dembélé is that they let them become free agents by not extending them before the end of their contract.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Only now, here at the end, with zero evidence or logic to support their faith, do the true muppets stand forth.

Sadly I'm not one of them. This one is done. After Sunday I don't see why any decent player would want to come here. It's gonna be a long season.
That’s for damn sure, but it could still turn out long and glorious!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Only now, here at the end, with zero evidence or logic to support their faith, do the true muppets stand forth.

Sadly I'm not one of them. This one is done. After Sunday I don't see why any decent player would want to come here. It's gonna be a long season.
There is plenty of logic and evidence to support the idea that we will get De Jong.

Most of the noise is out of Spain. It's all over the place. Other cubs interested, he prefers to go elsewhere, illegal contracts. It's the death throes of Barca trying to extract the most money they can from the deal and they are getting nowhere because only one club is interested. The closer it gets, the more noise we will hear until that chorus of angels sings "here we go..."

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
No they wouldn't need to register him or any player that they extend. The issue for Sergi Roberto and Dembélé is that they let them become free agents by not extending them before the end of their contract.
Yeah I know, was just wondering if he's technically a free agent between voiding his contract and reinstating the old one

Chief123

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Andy Mitten on the Talk of the Devils podcast suggests he’s more confident of this happening than a week ago.
Link that shit up man! We need some fecking morphine hits. Can’t just tease us with that shit.

Us tossers are out here on a fecking life support machine gasping for breath. Help a dying muppet out.

Widow

If it's only voided yes but here if I understand correctly they want the 2021 contract voided and the 2019 contract reinstated. If I'm De Jong I accept, tell them that they better pay what they owe me and that I intend to leave in 2024 as a free agent unless they double my wage in their contract extension offer.
Contract law has always been a favourite of mine, a lot of my work resolves around disputes. I'd like to have a little look at the one between Barca and FdJ, out of interest.

witchtrials

So they intend to pay the money that they originally owe, which is what De Jong and his agent asked for? Or are they under the impression that only future years are voided?

Yes, this makes no sense to me.

I thought the whole point of the restructured contracts was that they back loaded the wages, and therefore voiding the restructure would mean more of the wages were (over)due now.

Or do they propose that everyone respect the payment holiday part of the restructured contract and void the future part where the wages actually get paid?

What am I missing here?

Widow

The second one would defo put nail in the coffin for FDJ.

Even though them two are probably better than McFred we are going to have a serious lack of running power and agility in that midfield. Might as well bring back Matic and Fellani.

SMS is more like the level of player we should be looking at and it's for the reason alone that I don't believe we'll be in for him.

Pearl.Jam

If he stays at Barca with lower wages then he’s a pussy
If he stays at Barca without lowering his wages and fvcks their lever policy bullshit and thus condemning them to pleading like Oliver then he’s a fvcking comedian
If he joins Chelsea he’s a cvnt
If he joins us then fair fvcking do’s he’s got some balls

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Link that shit up man! We need some fecking morphine hits. Can’t just tease us with that shit.

Us tossers are out here on a fecking life support machine gasping for breath. Help a dying muppet out.
Latest podcast that came out an hour or so ago. 15 mins roughly the De Jong chat starts.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, this makes no sense to me.

I thought the whole point of the restructured contracts was that they back loaded the wages, and therefore voiding the restructure would mean more of the wages were (over)due now.

Or do they propose that everyone respect the payment holiday part of the restructured contract and void the future part where the wages actually get paid?

What am I missing here?
Probably initial wages are not much. But players agreed to defer the wages so Barca management increased the wage hugely. So they didn't want to pay at that time.

Widow

Three renewals could go to the Prosecutor's Office for signs of criminality: De Jong, Ter Stegen and Lenglet Piqué, apart, renounces those two years and negotiates to sign a downward renewal This can change the landscape of fair play and the situation of three players

Rolaholic

Guido, Mommy's boy and SMS links in the last 24 hours

This is well dead and buried it seems

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah I know, was just wondering if he's technically a free agent between voiding his contract and reinstating the old one
I see that's a good question. He can't have two registered contract to the league, so they can't do it without the league and/or a judge ruling. The way around it is an extension which is exactly what Barcelona claim is illegal.

That's a good point that you raised.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So according to Mitten on that podcast;

- Barca are definitely pushing him out.
- Barca fans don't want to see him go but would accept the financial reasons causing it.
- Frenkie has told two different people that he would prefer Chelsea but would come to us if that wasn't an option.
- Chelsea have NOT bid for him.
- United reps have been in Barcelona A LOT and he's surprised they haven't been spotted more than the once.
- Barca are happy with United's attitude during this whole thing.
- Frenkie may have smiled and waved during the last game to the Barca fans when he scored but his demeanor wasn't great when Xavi addressed the crowd before the match (arms crossed, cheeks puffed out etc whilst the rest of the players behind Xavi smiled and waved).
- He's now more confident that he'll join United.

witchtrials

Probably initial wages are not much. But players agreed to defer the wages so Barca management increased the wage hugely. So they didn't want to pay at that time.
I still don't understand. Voiding the new contract meant would leave them having drastically underpaid the valid contract, and tens of millions of back pay would be due immediately. No?

Unless you're saying they can just void the parts of the contract that they don't like.

AdNani

- Barca fans don't want to see him go but would accept the financial reasons causing it.
- Frenkie has told two different people that he would prefer Chelsea but would come to us if that wasn't an option.
- United reps have been in Barcelona A LOT and he's surprised they haven't been spotted more than the once.
- Frenkie may have smiled and waved during the last game to the Barca fans when he scored but his demeanor wasn't great when Xavi addressed the crowd before the match (arms crossed, cheeks puffed out etc whilst the rest of the players behind Xavi smiled and waved).
in the bag.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm not sure how anyone has hope this is still happening. We've been linked with 3 midfielders already just today. If we wanted to sign an extra midfielder with De Jong we'd have been linked with them much earlier. It's similar to how we were linked with Arnautovic yesterday and news came out today that we missed out on Sesko

Chief123

You are the sexiest pigeon I’ve come across. I’d love to clip your wings and take you home.

GreatDane

I'm not sure how anyone has hope this is still happening. We've been linked with 3 midfielders already just today. If we wanted to sign an extra midfielder with De Jong we'd have been linked with them much earlier. It's similar to how we were linked with Arnautovic yesterday and news came out today that we missed out on Sesko
We might be signaling De Jong that the ship is about the sail and he better get a move on if he wants to join.

Godfather

Thanks mate for summarizing. Always rated Mitten. Top notch journalist.

GloryHunter07

If it's only voided yes but here if I understand correctly they want the 2021 contract voided and the 2019 contract reinstated. If I'm De Jong I accept, tell them that they better pay what they owe me and that I intend to leave in 2024 as a free agent unless they double my wage in their contract extension offer.
If he voids the 2021 contract he gives up all his leverage.

Dread Devil

I just listened to him on Talksport radio, not sure if it’s the same podcast but it was very interesting to listen to him summarize the whole situation…

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Thanks for the summary. I really appreciate it.

That bolded part is significant, but given that Chelsea's holding more talks with both Barcelona and de Jong's camp, surely that means that de Jong will most likely renege United's interest given that they're putting more working into this transfer in recent days.

Status
Not open for further replies.