Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyt

Just imagine FDJ signs along with SMS and Rabiot and McT is sold. The Caf might finally implode.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They have played the UNO reverse card and now actually want FDJ to pay them. :lol:

Chief123

But it still isn’t really real…

It’s just Mitten expressing his general mood. Could probably plot the probability of FDJ coming here against Mitten’s biorhythms.
Please don’t piss on my chips dude. It’s been a shit two days. I’ll take any positive BS right now. Even if it’s from Romero’s dog.

Loony BoB

Why would anyone want to play for them if they got away with this? Seems so counterproductive.
- Love of fans/club (not to be confused with love of the people in charge of the club)
- Love of city/league
- Principle of getting paid what you are contracted to
- Firm belief that they could not earn more elsewhere
- Sticking it to the man

There are a lot of reasons for them to stand their ground, tbh.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So according to Mitten on that podcast;

- Barca are definitely pushing him out.
- Barca fans don't want to see him go but would accept the financial reasons causing it.
- Frenkie has told two different people that he would prefer Chelsea but would come to us if that wasn't an option.
- Chelsea have NOT bid for him.
- United reps have been in Barcelona A LOT and he's surprised they haven't been spotted more than the once.
- Barca are happy with United's attitude during this whole thing.
- Frenkie may have smiled and waved during the last game to the Barca fans when he scored but his demeanor wasn't great when Xavi addressed the crowd before the match (arms crossed, cheeks puffed out etc whilst the rest of the players behind Xavi smiled and waved).
- He's now more confident that he'll join United.
Whenever I've listened to him talk about this FDJ stuff throughout, he always talks as though he is more giving his opinion rather than coming with the "I've been told..." Etc. Was that the case here?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Help, my muppet will is breaking. A tidal wave of logic and cognisance of dumb decision after dumb decision that the club have made is bearing down on me. Could they have spent the whole fecking summer chasing a target who just simply doesn't want to come? I mean this is the same people who hired Rangnick and then completely disregarded all the stuff that he's known to be good at and used him as a short term firefighting interim... Same people that renewed Jones' contract... Oh dear lord

GloryHunter07

- Love of fans/club (not to be confused with love of the people in charge of the club)
- Love of city/league
- Principle of getting paid what you are contracted to
- Firm belief that they could not earn more elsewhere
- Sticking it to the man

There are a lot of reasons for them to stand their ground, tbh.
I meant why would new players want to sign with them, knowing what we know.

Loony BoB

Just imagine FDJ signs along with SMS and Rabiot and McT is sold. The Caf might finally implode.
Haha, yes, definitely. Although I'd take Rodriguez over Rabiot for sure, and I would still be concerned about our lack of strikers/RW.

BarstoolProphet

Am I being stupid or does none of this make any sense?
Barca is saying that they have no recollection of them signing FdJ at all so they feel that FdJ should return all the wages paid to him since they day he, in their eyes, apparently joined them.

Loony BoB

I meant why would new players want to sign with them, knowing what we know.
Ah, in that case, mostly the first two parts for sure. Also, guaranteed UCL football and a genuine chance of winning it every season is something that will attract players to the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid no matter how good the EPL is and how much EPL teams pay players.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Am I being stupid or does none of this make any sense?
the only thing that doesn't make sense to me is his willing desire to still play for them. Could you imagine if we treated a player like that.

fecking scumbags barca made them sign this deferred wages deal, and stuck a loophole in so they don't have to pay

Withnail

Whenever I've listened to him talk about this FDJ stuff throughout, he always talks as though he is more giving his opinion rather than coming with the "I've been told..." Etc. Was that the case here?
He doesn't stick his neck out and doesn't really like to get involved in transfer stuff. He's previously said it's a pain in the arse as you say something you got from a legit source and was likely true at the time and then get pelters online if it doesn't end up happening. He also doesn't really the obsession with transfers.

GloryHunter07

Ah, in that case, mostly the first two parts for sure. Also, guaranteed UCL football and a genuine chance of winning it every season is something that will attract players to the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid no matter how good the EPL is and how much EPL teams pay players.
Thats all well and good until they renege on your contract and treat you like shit.

OrcaFat

Please don’t piss on my chips dude. It’s been a shit two days. I’ll take any positive BS right now. Even if it’s from Romero’s dog.
I’m sorry. I did piss in the direction of your chips but, look, I missed! You can still eat them.

I only said it because I previously called BS when he said FDJ didn’t want to come here. And I didn’t want to be a hypocrite (I hate being called a hypocrite, can’t a man change his mind ffs?). Secretly I do believe!

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Yes, very much an opinion piece.

However, bare in mind that he wasn't talking as positively about FDJ to Utd not so long ago when the Chelsea interest was confirmed to be genuine. Its possible that having looked into it, realising a bid hasn't been put in and through his contacts at Utd, might have given him a bit more assurance that something positive could still happen.

Giggsy13

So according to Mitten on that podcast;

- Barca are definitely pushing him out.
- Barca fans don't want to see him go but would accept the financial reasons causing it.
- Frenkie has told two different people that he would prefer Chelsea but would come to us if that wasn't an option.
- Chelsea have NOT bid for him.
- United reps have been in Barcelona A LOT and he's surprised they haven't been spotted more than the once.
- Barca are happy with United's attitude during this whole thing.
- Frenkie may have smiled and waved during the last game to the Barca fans when he scored but his demeanor wasn't great when Xavi addressed the crowd before the match (arms crossed, cheeks puffed out etc whilst the rest of the players behind Xavi smiled and waved).
- He's now more confident that he'll join United.
Talk of the Devils podcast?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah he said "I've been told" quite a lot. Always thought that phrase was more about protecting sources than anything if I'm honest.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Barca is saying that they have no recollection of them signing FdJ at all so they feel that FdJ should return all the wages paid to him since they day he, in their eyes, apparently joined them.
That does sound awfully close.
the only thing that doesn't make sense to me is his willing desire to still play for them. Could you imagine if we treated a player like that.

fecking scumbags barca made them sign this deferred wages deal, and stuck a loophole in so they don't have to pay
It's getting crazier every day. :lol:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Yeah I don't really understand this. If the contract is illegal and void and they have to accept their 2020 terms then surely Barca would still have to pay the difference between the two contracts. They can't just decide it's only illegal when they have to pay back the money but not when the player accepted less money.
They would have to pay it for two fewer years. And if he really wanted to stay (which is what I'm getting) then he would have less reason not to take a pay cut. But yeah it doesn't make sense. Who the fek knows? It's all chinese whispers and twitter bull.

rabnub

Sweet jesus the United fan base has enetered full on transfer muppet mode today with all these linsk to players. It has been a rather strange day as a united fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.