Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevTheRed

Fee apparently agreed with City for Bernardo.

I know Barca manage to pull anything and everything out of Laporta’s fat arse but surely there is no way they’d sign Bernardo without first agreeing Frenkies departure.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You are mistaken :wenger:

OK I listened to the podcast.

Andy Mitten said close to feck all to support any view that Frenkie would join us. He made a lot of tongue of cheek banter about Manchester as a city and said Frenkie shouldn't turn his nose up at the city, because Manchester isn't that bad.

He said he was more optimistic compared to a week ago - when asked why, it's because Barcelona are forcing him out. He was punting that Kounde/Raphina/Alonso deals may have led to a fracture in the Chelsea relationship but that's best saved for the likes of Matt Law (Chelsea correspondents) and they have not suggested anything remotely like this.

Mitten also says (again) that Frenkie has told 2 separate people he prefers Chelsea. He says someone needs to get in front of Frenkie and convince him to join United. The pendulum is still very much with Chelsea.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

I know Barca manage to pull anything and everything out of Laporta’s fat arse but surely there is no way they’d sign Bernardo without first agreeing Frenkies departure.
They seem like a club that will do exactly that, sign Silva and pray for the best that Frenkie leaves. If he doesn't, it's lever time

stoinz

reminds me of this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Chelsea Journo in positive Chelsea spin shocker.
To be fair we're out here saying "choo Choo" to Mitten claim he's more optimistic, and the basis of that was his punt on how Chelsea may not like to deal with Barcelona. That sounded pretty BS.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Every tweet about Chelsea I see has been from him for months. Odd.
He was decent on the takeover. But has never been a Chelsea club journo. Matt Law. Nizaar Kinsella and Simon Johnson are club reporters. He tweets on our transfers yes, but always after everybody else has reported it first. He may get bits of info, as does David Ornstein re. our business, but doesn't make them "Chelsea journos".

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
OK I listened to the podcast.

Andy Mitten said close to feck all to support any view that Frenkie would join us. He made a lot of tongue of cheek banter about Manchester as a city and said Frenkie shouldn't turn his nose up at the city, because Manchester isn't that bad.

He said he was more optimistic compared to a week ago - when asked why, it's because Barcelona are forcing him out. He was punting that Kounde/Raphina/Alonso deals may have led to a fracture in the Chelsea relationship but that's best saved for the likes of Matt Law (Chelsea correspondents) and they have not suggested anything remotely like this.

Mitten also says (again) that Frenkie has told 2 separate people he prefers Chelsea. He says someone needs to get in front of Frenkie and convince him to join United. The pendulum is still very much with Chelsea.
He said he’s more confident of him signing for United this week than he was last week

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Honestly? nothing surprises me at Barca.

They seem like a by now, worry about it later kinda club.

Godfather

This is by far and away the worst fecking transfer saga I've ever witnessed. So much that I have developed an irrational hatred for De Jong.

dove

Surely nobody actually still believe we are getting him, right?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He was decent on the takeover. But has never been a Chelsea club journo. Matt Law. Nizaar Kinsella and Simon Johnson are club reporters. He tweets on our transfers yes, but always after everybody else has reported it first. He may get bits of info, as does David Ornstein re. our business, but doesn't make them "Chelsea journos".
I'm not saying he's an official club journalist, sorry if you took it that way. He clearly covers you a hell of a lot though doesn't he? I mean we have a scouser covering us officially for Sky...

Chief123

Wouldn't be so sure, we're linked with 35M rated Cody Gakpo this morning.

Arnautovic - 15M
Rabiot - 15M
Gakpo - 35M
SMS - 42M (the deal is €50M)

So way over £120M considering that's give or take a few mill £160M + De Jong it'll be 220M - Which is close to what Arnold said we had available.

Martinez £47M
Malacia - £20M
Eriksen - FREE
We are not getting SMS for 50m euro. Reports saying lazio would want at least 70m.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He said he’s more confident of him signing for United this week than he was last week
He wasn't even confident last week, so he's said nothing.
When pushed on why he said its because Barca are forcing him out and that's becoming evident.

FdJ leaving isn't the hurdle. It's Chelsea. Mitten himself said in the latest podcast that he has verified two separate sources that have confirmed he wants to go to Chelsea. Catalan outlets say he wants Chelsea. Harry Redknapp claims a top source at the club confirmed he wants Chelsea. Telegraph have written we are resigned to losing him and will move for SMS from Lazio because... he wants Chelsea.

Chief123

How the feck are they doing this

If they are signing Bernardo for 50m euro the world has gone absolutely bonkers. He’s world class. One of the best in his positions. That would be a ridiculous fee.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
When pushed on why he said its because Barca are forcing him out and that's becoming evident.

FdJ leaving isn't the hurdle. It's Chelsea. Mitten himself said in the latest podcast that he has verified two separate sources that have confirmed he wants to go to Chelsea. Catalan outlets say he wants Chelsea. Harry Redknapp claims a top source at the club confirmed he wants Chelsea. Telegraph have written we are resigned to losing him and will move for SMS from Lazio because... he wants Chelsea.
It's all moot anyway as he just isnt going to leave it looks like. But surely some users on this forum now have to believe our interest is genuine, and not a bluff/leak from Barca to make Utd pay up or whatever the claim was....

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's all moot anyway as he just isnt going to leave it looks like. But surely some users on this forum now have to believe our interest is genuine, and not a bluff/leak from Barca to make Utd pay up or whatever the claim was....
I think he'll leave. But yeah it's definitely going to be you guys that get him when he does.

AdNani

wonder how chelsea are going to spin the FFP on this if they do sign him, a striker and fofana, their summer spend will be about 400 million

Loony BoB

Can only see them getting him for that amount if:

a) City have realised they have some kind or problem with FFP
b) City are lining up a big signing of their own
c) It's being worked into another deal
d) Silva has handed in a transfer request that has to be taken seriously for some reason

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Oh my god. Why don't you marry Chelsea if you love them so much

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
If they are signing Bernardo for 50m euro the world has gone absolutely bonkers. He’s world class. One of the best in his positions. That would be a ridiculous fee.
Makes the fee Bayern got for Lewandowski look even better.

Chief123

I reckon he wants to go to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.