Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Something doesn't add up. De Jong 'wants' Chelsea, but Chelsea have yet to put in a formal bid because they are waiting for the player to give the green light?

If anything, it sounds like FDJ is stringing Chelsea along, just like Kounde. Who even went as far as agreeing the contract.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Laurie in the Arnautovic article:
Rabiot’s arrival would not signal the end of United’s bid for Frenkie de Jong, but as the situation with Barcelona drags on Ten Hag has sanctioned the signing of an alternative midfielder.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
But lewa was in his last year. I don’t think Bernardo is.
Exactly and Lewandowski is 34 while Silva only turns 28.
I can't believe City will let him go for just 50m Euro, which is exactly what Barcelona paid for Lewandowski and less than they paid for Raphina.

the_cliff

I'm perfectly fine with us not signing anyone until 13th August has passed, on the chance that FDJ could happen. The other players should be fine waiting that long, too.
I agree, just worried with the little optimism part. I feel that we wouldn't wait this long if it was just a little optimism.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

I've never understood why everyone just ignores the fact that Chelsea has CL football and won it recently. De Jong is 25 years old, not 19. It's safe to assume he wants the chance to win trophies now, and not be part of a rebuild.

The more I think about it, the more foolish this whole chase was. Two midfielders, who actually want to come, could have been bought for the rumored De Jong fee and integrated into the squad much earlier in the window. This was nothing but a shot in the dark that everyone convinced themselves was more likely than it actually was.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Would they just accept a transfer ban and a point deduction at this stage with the signings they have gotten if they can't break even?

I mean, transfer ban, point deduction, demotion, unable to register new players would cause a full on Spanish meltdown of epic proportions.

Is this now why they have claimed legallity issues with the contracts, so they can blag their way through LaLiga financial rules?

Really is baffling.

DevilRed

I genuinely think SMS is instead of FDJ. Rabiot will be signed either way because he compliments both (whether people think he's any good or not is a different matter).
In a perfect world we would bring in all 3.

Because honestly, what fecking top team would play Fred or McTominay regularly?

None.

At best they are backup players.

Sadly we have the glazers. cnuts.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Something doesn't add up. De Jong 'wants' Chelsea, but Chelsea have yet to put in a formal bid because they are waiting for the player to give the green light?

If anything, it sounds like FDJ is stringing Chelsea along, just like Kounde. Who even went as far as agreeing the contract.
How is De Jong stringing Chelsea along? There’s only one clubbing running to Spain after him and it’s not us.

At the very most, we are monitoring the situation but again, I don’t expect us to bid.

Chief123

Jamie Jackson on talkSPORT right now saying why aren’t Utd just going to West Ham and giving them whatever money it takes to get Declan Rice when it’s looking like you aren’t going to get your main target.

Sad thing is I actually think Rice would say no to us and wait for Chelsea next summer.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Would they just accept a transfer ban and a point deduction at this stage with the signings they have gotten if they can't break even?

I mean, transfer ban, point deduction, demotion, unable to register new players would cause a full on Spanish meltdown of epic proportions.

Is this now why they have claimed legallity issues with the contracts, so they can blag their way through LaLiga financial rules?

Really is baffling.
It's not a transfer ban or point deduction though, it's not being able to register the players so it makes zero sense to keep signing more when they won't be playing.

De Jong will be sold before Friday

mu4c_20le

How is De Jong stringing Chelsea along? There’s only one clubbing running to Spain after him and it’s not us.

At the very most, we are monitoring the situation but again, I don’t expect us to bid.
Agents using your name for their own agendas.

Times changed, you guys are bigger than us now. Get used to seeing your name on the papers all the time..

cyberman

We are both waiting on De Jongs decision. We are both in the exact same position.
Enjoy it. Snacks and refreshments are on your right and the bathroom is 3 doors down

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We are both waiting on De Jongs decision. We are both in the exact same position.
Enjoy it. Snacks and refreshments are on your right and the bathroom is 3 doors down
We've had a bid accepted. But Chelsea have 3 tweets from Ben Jacobs saying he prefers London.

Too close to call.

redshaw

Always thought it was a long shot and gamble by United and ETH, hoping to land a top player and speed up the process, try to win him over if no-one else comes in and is pushed out. We've probably had more contact with Barca as they hoped to offload him and we'd obviously pay. It might still pay off being this backup option for him but it seems more logical a CL club will find a way to pay or get him on loan or he stays for another year at least and sorts out the disputed contract.

In a past interview while at Ajax he did laugh at the thought of going to the EPL. He see's himself playing on the continent and will try hard to prove himself in Spain given a chance and slot in when others retire. Even Chelsea will be a sort of last resort for him.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Jamie Jackson on talkSPORT right now saying why aren’t Utd just going to West Ham and giving them whatever money it takes to get Declan Rice when it’s looking like you aren’t going to get your main target.

Sad thing is I actually think Rice would say no to us and wait for Chelsea next summer.
Agreed and thats probably the exact reason we're not.

Add to that the fact that maybe the manager doesn't want him.

Comments like this make me laugh, they lambast the club for not learning from previous mistakes and then implore them to go and sign the latest big money available player

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Agreed and thats probably the exact reason we're not.

Add to that the fact that maybe the manager doesn't want him.

Comments like this make me laugh, they lambast the club for not learning from previous mistakes and then implore them to go and sign the latest big money available player
Nevermind the fact Rice would cost about twice as much as Frenkie

RoyH1

If they are signing Bernardo for 50m euro the world has gone absolutely bonkers. He’s world class. One of the best in his positions. That would be a ridiculous fee.
All the football brass at Manchester City are hardcore Barsa people. They will do what they can to help them as long as it doesn't affect the interests of their Emirati owners. Including accepting less than true market value for Bernardo Silva. I bet you that if it had been Real Madrid that had wanted to buy the player, the amount would have been much, much higher.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That it's the worst transfer window we've had under the Glazers? Yes
That we were wrong for trying to sign Arnautovic? No

Doesn't stop him being a miserable shit though
We were 1 million percent wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.