Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
Could be the perfect storm for the biggest collective meltdown ever seen on the caf if he joins Chelsea. The ropey start to the season, lack of other signings, players now being linked plus the perfect player in a position desperate to fill going to a top four rival might be too much.

caid

In other words, if they can't register them all, then Kessie & Christiansen are the expendable ones. Welcome to Barcelona boys :lol:
My interpretation too. If they get Silva then i'd go out of my way to avoid registering them from Barcelona's point of view.

Teja

They'll try just about anything at this stage, they have 2-3 days to sort this out with La Liga, and FDJ is not blinking :lol:
Now that I'm not as invested in this saga anymore, I'm enjoying Barca's plight a lot more :lol:

We'll see some fireworks in the next few days!

crossy1686

career ending
My interpretation too. If they get Silva then i'd go out of my way to avoid registering them from Barcelona's point of view.
I guess it’s easier to do that with free transfers than players you paid for, but can these players play for three clubs in the same year? Is that allowed?

Anustart89

This thread in 2028: They can’t activate the 48th Palanca, surely. EtH must have assurances from the player that he would be willing to join.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Think it has more to do with them arriving as free agents, so Barca doesn't lose any transfer fee they paid if they leave on a free again
But they DID have to pay the player a signing bonus and the agent. For free transfers that’s typically almost as much as an actual transfer. So let this happen. Along with the tax they have to pay on one of their failed levers. They’re burning through money they don’t have. Brilliant.

Zoo

Frenkie de Jong and Braithwaite's agents have just arrived in Barcelona. The representatives of both will hold a summit with Barça in the next few hours to discuss their future

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Are you sure about that? Feel like friendlies don't really count here
Surely friendlies don't count. I'm sure Chicharito played 45 minutes for Guadalajara and 45 minutes for us in one friendly :lol:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Confession: the windows are actually what drew me to European football. I do love the games… but the drama of the silly seasonl
The Agent IS the player. Everyone and their grandmother is waiting for Barca to pay Frenkie
I was under the impression Chelsea was willing to just pay the back owed fees for them?

In football the agent *isnt* just the player. That is true in many sports, but for some reason in footiYou have to agree with a players demands and also with separate agent fees.

In other words: “If we sign Frenkie are you ok with an agent fee of 20 million?”

Voila you’ve agreed an agent fee.

One thing of note: Chelsea has been very upfront with the fact we would not officially bid until given the green light by the player himself.

Boehly spoke to him by phone twice last night, and today we have apparently bid and had a fee agreement reached.

The puzzle and the conjecture is the fun part. More fun than watching our Everton game anyway ….

caid

Imagine being so angry at your club you want to stay till 2026 :drool: “I hate you all so much that I’m going to help you be successful, that’ll show you!”
They'll be paying him 90m over the 4 years. That helps i imagine

DavyJones

Supports
Chelsea
What a fecking shitshow! I think he ends up staying and cowardly taking a pay cut. Barca always seems to get their way. I wouldn't mind so much if De Jong does not join us, there are a lot of very good young midfielders floating around waiting for bigger club's to come in for him. You can't say the same for CBs which is our top priority this summer.

Member 101269

Some of these twitter posts are getting a little extreme, if Barca are talking "finding criminality" the desperation is amusing. I am concerned that FdJ will have lost his hunger.

Teja

So there's no way he stays at Barca then. Come on EtH earn your pay now, I still believe :drool::drool:

TheReligion

Abusive
Confession: the windows are actually what drew me to European football. I do love the games… but the drama of the silly seasonl

I was under the impression Chelsea was willing to just pay the back owed fees for them?

In football the agent *isnt* just the player. That is true in many sports, but for some reason in footiYou have to agree with a players demands and also with separate agent fees.

In other words: “If we sign Frenkie are you ok with an agent fee of 20 million?”

Voila you’ve agreed an agent fee.

One thing of note: Chelsea has been very upfront with the fact we would not officially bid until given the green light by the player himself.

Boehly spoke to him by phone twice last night, and today we have apparently bid and had a fee agreement reached.

The puzzle and the conjecture is the fun part. More fun than watching our Everton game anyway ….
Really? haven’t seen that reported and it would be big news I’d of thought?

buchansleftleg

These statements about going to Fifpro from Frenkies agent.....we are in endgame now.

Barca will not want a formal investigation into their accounts...settlement on wages will be made by tomorrow morning.

dinostar77

Chelsea have spent £170mil this summer on players so far. If they were to get frenkie circa £70mil and fofana from Leicester circia £80mil. Then that would take their spend to £320mil this summer. Not taking into account and transfers out of the club. I know ffp is almost all but dead. But thats a huge outlay in one window.

Dont really care who they sign, just dont want frenkie playing for them and not us.

TheLord

I'd rather go for both Keseie and Christensen, if they would come for free, and get done with the FDJ fiasco.

That would be so sweet. And have "broke and levering" Barca keep paying FDJ half a million euros per week for another 4 years.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
8:03pm

"Ali Dursun, agent of de Jong, met with Cruyff, Laporta and Alemany today to discuss Frenkie deferred wages. Still no solution. He wants to stay, clubs will continue to push more"

Status
Not open for further replies.