Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseunited

Extremely angry BUT still would rather stay :houllier: .
C'mon Frenkie lad, just sign for United.If Barcelona go into the 1st game of the season without their new toys on the pitch because they can't register them they will hound you out of the club.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Confession: the windows are actually what drew me to European football. I do love the games… but the drama of the silly seasonl

I was under the impression Chelsea was willing to just pay the back owed fees for them?

In football the agent *isnt* just the player. That is true in many sports, but for some reason in footiYou have to agree with a players demands and also with separate agent fees.

In other words: “If we sign Frenkie are you ok with an agent fee of 20 million?”

Voila you’ve agreed an agent fee.

One thing of note: Chelsea has been very upfront with the fact we would not officially bid until given the green light by the player himself.

Boehly spoke to him by phone twice last night, and today we have apparently bid and had a fee agreement reached.

The puzzle and the conjecture is the fun part. More fun than watching our Everton game anyway ….
According to Ben Jacobs I bet...

Also if an agreement had been reached I think the big outlets would be on it by now, such as the BBC.

Chelsea haven't been up front about it too, it's the guys who have been feeding the reporters the news, wherever its coming from. If it was coming from Chelsea I think we'd know

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Chelsea have spent £170mil this summer on players so far. If they were to get frenkie circa £70mil and fofana from Leicester circa £80mil. Then that would take their spend to £320mil this summer... I know ffp is almost all but dead. But thats a huge outlay in one window.
And they are still heavily linked with a new RB and CF too, which could possibly take their spending on by a further £80m.
So all in all, potentially a £400m spend ..??? :houllier:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Has anyone actually read the Times article? It's absolutely nothing we don't already know and hasn't been reported extensively over the past week or so. It's more speculation and the sorts.

These reports are just rehashed stories over and over, nothing new, just chopped and changed a bit to make it seem new

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tom Roddy? Can't say I've heard of him.

Reliable? Also why is no one else reporting it? When we agreed a fee or was close to it, we knew right away, even building up to it we knee. Very odd
There is also Ben Jacobs and bunch of tabloids reporting it. I don't know if it's true or not but it's out there.

joedirt87

we can expect a things are happening tweet shortly from Romero now that Frenkie's agent has shown up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea have spent £170mil this summer on players so far. If they were to get frenkie circa £70mil and fofana from Leicester circia £80mil. Then that would take their spend to £320mil this summer. Not taking into account and transfers out of the club. I know ffp is almost all but dead. But thats a huge outlay in one window.

Dont really care who they sign, just dont want frenkie playing for them and not us.
We have lost/are losing about between £150-200m worth of players to be fair, who will need to be replaced. Rudiger and Christensen we lost for free but those two alone, if they had a couple of years left on their deals would probably be valued at £100m combined.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
There is also Ben Jacobs and bunch of tabloids reporting it. I don't know if it's true or not but it's out there.
I was saying before about Ben Jacobs, reddit guys seem to rate him at tier 2 or 2.5... I really don't know as I don't follow Chelsea reporters. Apparently he was good through the takeover but not sure about transfers

dinostar77

And they are still heavily linked with a new RB and CF too, which could possibly take their spending on by a further £80m.
So all in all, potentially a £400m spend ..??? :houllier:
Hence the ffp question. On paper the richest club in england, Newcastle Utd could have gone on a £400m - £500mil spending spree this summer then. If ffp and financial accountability means nothing now....

mu4c_20le

Jacobs has been cheerleading for Chelsea the entire summer. He tends to add his own opinions to his tweets for the juicy factor. Here's what Ornstein noted about the Chelsea links.

Chelsea have a firm interest and while it is understood they are yet to submit a formal bid, sources indicate they are prepared to fund the transfer fee and cover the salary debt should De Jong pick a switch to Stamford Bridge. They have an advantage over United in playing Champions League football this season, although it is thought that alone will not determine his potential destination.
That's it. The interest is there, they are indeed waiting to see what happens, but anything like FDJ prefers london and CL football is BS.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I was saying before about Ben Jacobs, reddit guys seem to rate him at tier 2 or 2.5... I really don't know as I don't follow Chelsea reporters. Apparently he was good through the takeover but not sure about transfers
Jacobs claimed on a podcast or youtube vlog that he gets stuff direct from the club these days, which might explain how he had such inside scoop on the Boehly lot during the takeover. Might have a source within the group. But before the takeover id barely heard of him. I just know he is not a club reporter/journo

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Jacobs claimed on a podcast or youtube vlog that he gets stuff direct from the club these days, which might explain how he had such inside scoop on the Boehly lot during the takeover. Might have a source within the group. But before the takeover id barely heard of him. I just know he is not a club reporter/journo
Pretty sure if what he was saying was true, everyone else would know. Chelsea wouldn't leave their top journos out the loop whilst this guy gets the best info.

Plus he'd have absolutely no idea what Uniteds stance on this is too, so he'd have no idea if we'd all but given up

Walters_19_MuFc

Manchester United and ten Hag's pulls obviously not enough to bring the cnut to the club. Wants CL football and is not willing to sacrifice one season without it (assuming we'd be back in if we get our targets).

worldinmotion66

I think barca are getting desperate. They'll activate another lever, begrudgingly pay De Jong, he'll sign for us and Chelsea will say they were never in for him.

If it wasn't tied to the money he's owed, De Jong would've spoken out long before now. What the club have done to the players strong enough to stand up for themselves is absolutely abysmal. They have absolutely no shame.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kind of similar to how Mark Ogden was such a clued up source during Moyes time.

Jacob

C'mon Frenkie lad, just sign for United.If Barcelona go into the 1st game of the season without their new toys on the pitch because they can't register them they will hound you out of the club.
An angry man is a pitiful man. Barca wins if he leaves.

Strootman's Finger

In fairness to Frenkie, his problems are with the Barcelona board, he probably still loves the club. Much like how we hate the Glazers, but we're still United fans.

Walters_19_MuFc

We have lost/are losing about between £150-200m worth of players to be fair, who will need to be replaced. Rudiger and Christensen we lost for free but those two alone, if they had a couple of years left on their deals would probably be valued at £100m combined.
Centre backs I understand, but you have Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, RLC and Gallagher who all play in that deeper role.

Will you be looking to offload one of the above?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I find it strange people on here are so willingly accepting that United agreed a fee for him and he's keen on moving here but immediately reject the possibility of Chelsea agreeing a deal and being his preferred choice, which to be fair makes perfect sense. We rarely beat Chelsea to any transfers let alone now that we are shambles and they are actually fairly good.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Centre backs I understand, but you have Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, RLC and Gallagher who all play in that deeper role.

Will you be looking to offload one of the above?
I'd take Gallagher in a heartbeat. Kovacic too.

We will probably buy Jorginho for £35m.

romufc

How many meetings will they have with no resolution?

I keep hearing FDJ agent meeting with Barca, this must be like the 4/5th time this summer they have met, yet there has been nothing.

brian017

A shitshow of a transfer window and a shitshow of a season ahead. Strap in, its going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.