Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Doubt UCL is really an issue, that just gets thrown away like candy to rub it in. He would just rather stay at Barcelona, which makes a lot of sense.

It does sound like an unwanted approach predicated on financial woes and deadlines. Remember Perisic? We kept lowballing Inter and it then turned out they didn't have to sell at all.

See you on July 1st after Barca's deadline has passed and we've wasted a month.

PS: If that happens we can then start threads on how with Woody leaving all we invested in his learning curve is lost and we are starting afresh with the mickey mouse dealings. This club... :rolleyes:

Stumpy

Personally I think this “he doesn’t want to join the club” is just nonsense. He just doesn’t want too leave Barca and that’s understandable but if he is pushed out which seems likely then I’ve no doubt he’d be happy to come. There’s no way the board and Eric would continue to per-sue a player that Eric speaks a lot with and has obviously a good relationship with. Although that price tag is crazy in my opinion

cyberman

all of a sudden the bids go in on June 1. Looks like the original report was correct imo

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Mainoldo

It would be done by the end of the month. Looks like (to me) the intermediaries jobs are done and the clubs are officially rubber stamping the details
Okay is that why the Barca guy said deal still hot dispute it being the end of May. So everything was geared up for today.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
When you feel there is major alarm bells ringing, just keep reminding yourself that this guy used to work under ten Hag and was successful as part of the key player. If he has attitude problem that ten Hag dislike, ten Hag wouldn't want him in the first place.
Have a read of the article. Gives me Pogba vibes, and ETH himself talked about the issues with knowing what his best position is whilst at Ajax - something that continued at Barca by the looks of it.

Doesn't mention his character but just how he struggled to impact games and was being subbed most games on the hour mark to booing from Barca fans.

Fooza

I still don't get why we chasing when it's "FDJ want's to stay at Barca" being slapped in our faces 247

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I still don't get why we chasing when it's "FDJ want's to stay at Barca" being slapped in our faces 247
Never learn. The club are gagging for the social media unveiling and are happy to accept the 3 years of poor commitment and attitude problems.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Have a read of the article. Gives me Pogba vibes, and ETH himself talked about the issues with knowing what his best position is whilst at Ajax - something that continued at Barca by the looks of it.

Doesn't mention his character but just how he struggled to impact games and was being subbed most games on the hour mark to booing from Barca fans.
So why do ten Hag want to sign him and make him as the priority signing after working with this guy and knowing the issues of this guy?

Fooza

Because Barca are telling him they don’t want him.

Jesus Christ this is so tedious. Wake me up when September ends
I get that

But he wants to stay at Barca AND wants UCL football, so why are opening talks with Barca, shouldn't we get the green light from the player himself first

This saga is stupid

Red4Life_#7

Barca need the money (desperately) and we have a budget, best to play hard ball with this one. Tell them we'll pay most of the fee upfront for a reduced price. We can get him for around €70-65m if we stand firm.

Madrid ruled out, City hmm distanced, Liverpool maybe, Chelsea stacked, PSG sneaky and dangerous, Bayern have cheaper options.

saivet

And who exactly is this CL club who want to sign him ?

City is the only one I can think of and they already have enough.
No one really. At a stretch City, Bayern and PSG but think they have other priorities than to be spending £70m on him.

Rake

I think a deal will be done for around €60m. Graham Hunter recently said that Barca were briefing the media about wanting 75m to 80m, but they'll except less.

And for me this move has the potential to have a similar impact to Wesley Sneijder who also didn't want to leave his club in Spain. Robben is another player that didn't want to leave Madrid but Bayern's Dutch head coach came calling and Robben reluctantly left Real Madrid.
The lower the value the better. I just hope we sign him. Haven't watched him for Barcelona a lot but he has always impressed me playing for the Dutch national team, which one would imagine is similar to how ETH will utilize his talents.

At least on paper, we currently have what to offer FDJ. Not even taking the money into consideration, we have a manager he is familiar with and who appreciates his play. The said manager also is a bit of a planning freak, who has detailed views no what he wants to achieve and how to do it. A solid project plan seems to be way more valuable to players than being reported. Players like Kroos have said multiple times that the project is very important to them because they are singing for a big club and for a period of 4-5 years (not next year's CL as journos would have us believe). One of the most famous quotes of FDJ is when he asked the ref to give more added time because he wants to play more football. That was the ETH football he enjoyed so much and he just might be willing to relive that again.

Love your examples of players forced out of clubs and still being a success. ADM is being mentioned around a lot but it just did not work out for him with us due to multiple factors. He did play for PSG for 7 more years after leaving us, so it shows that, if things align, players can be happy playing for other club in another country. Many of the things regarding him are exact opposite of what the situation with FDJ is. New country, mentality, manager, style of play and even the club's demeanor contributed to his ultimate fall for us.

Toblerone92

It does seem a little short sighted of players to turn down United because we don’t have CL football next season. I get it, you want to play in the supreme European competition but why not come and help get United back into it? Or maybe they would rather go and play at Spurs?

It’s one thing not joining us because we are a toxic mess that ruins quality players, but to not join for what should (hopefully) be only one season out seems naive.

pocco

loco
So why do ten Hag want to sign him and make him as the priority signing after working with this guy and knowing the issues of this guy?
He obviously has a plan, and obviously thinks he can see where the likes of Xavi have been going wrong in their use of him. I just hope he's right in his assessment :lol:

If you read what he's said in the past, it certainly sounds like we'll need another good midfield signing to partner him. ETH assessment was basically that he's not disciplined to play the deeper role alone, but his game suits the deeper role. He essentially likes to get on the ball in a deep position but then advance with the play up the pitch. So he paired him with another no.6 at Ajax, with another more advanced midfielder ahead. From what I gather from his comments anyway.

phelans shorts

I get that

But he wants to stay at Barca AND wants UCL football, so why are opening talks with Barca, shouldn't we get the green light from the player himself first

This saga is stupid
What makes you think there isn’t a green light?

A scenario for you. He says “feck it I’m going, Barcelona can go feck themselves” and then we don’t offer Barcelona the fee they want, how does that end for him?

He’s hedging his bets. Just like literally anybody with a brain in their head would do.

It’s so stupid to make out we know everything.

Fooza

As much as Barca needs to sell, he's under contract there and can easily just tell them to feck off. FDJ has the power here

Fooza

What makes you think there isn’t a green light?

A scenario for you. He says “feck it I’m going, Barcelona can go feck themselves” and then we don’t offer Barcelona the fee they want, how does that end for him?

He’s hedging his bets. Just like literally anybody with a brain in their head would do.

It’s so stupid to make out we know everything.
Simply because he's going on about wanting to stay at Barca all the time, he's previous comments doesn't really sway towards him wanting the move to UTD

pocco

loco
I get that

This saga is stupid
Not only that but we're apparently not a priority for him if he does leave. Seems a waste of time on the face of it, but hopefully the media are wrong and he's begging ETH to rescue him and make him the main man here.

Lynty

I think people need to remember that Ten Hag seems to be the one pushing for this.

Telling him "no, we think Yves Bissouma is better value for money, we'll buy him instead" - would be exactly the same process we've done with other managers. Our scouting and recruitment department has been a shambles for years - so the safest bet is trusting the manager who's worked with the player previously and been able to get the best out of him.

Once we've developed our scouting to a level were they have proven track record of success, then they'd have enough clout to deny a managers desired signings.

nmm85

I get that

This saga is stupid
I can't imagine we would be perusing this if we had been given discouragement from FDJ's team. He won't join us if he doesn't want to but he could be keeping his options open for the time being. No reason for United to not pursue if this is a player they want.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Jay = the club right now.
The number 1 target that had a great record with current manager doesn't want to join despite of Barca wanting to sell.
Feelsbad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He obviously has a plan, and obviously thinks he can see where the likes of Xavi have been going wrong in their use of him. I just hope he's right in his assessment :lol:

If you read what he's said in the past, it certainly sounds like we'll need another good midfield signing to partner him. ETH assessment was basically that he's not disciplined to play the deeper role alone, but his game suits the deeper role. He essentially likes to get on the ball in a deep position but then advance with the play up the pitch. So he paired him with another no.6 at Ajax, with another more advanced midfielder ahead. From what I gather from his comments anyway.
Even if we sign prime Xavi, we would still need another good midfielder to partner him anyway because neither Fred and McTominay are good enough. So we still need to sign 2 midfielders regardless whoever we sign, what's the difference?

phelans shorts

Simply because he's going on about wanting to stay at Barca all the time, he's previous comments doesn't really sway towards him wanting the move to UTD
Staying at Barcelona is his ideal scenario. There’s nothing wrong with that. If he stays then he’s just gonna be sat twiddling his thumbs unless there’s a drastic change in the clubs position, that isn’t something he wants.

The point you’re making is incredibly dumb and has been addressed numerous times, there’s nothing to suggest he hasn’t given a green light just because he didn’t mention it to bleeding Talksport.

Coxy

I think people need to remember that Ten Hag seems to be the one pushing for this.

Telling him "no, we think Yves Bissouma is better value for money, we'll buy him instead" - would be exactly the same process we've done with other managers. Our scouting and recruitment department has been a shambles for years - so the safest bet is trusting the manager who's worked with the player previously and been able to get the best out of him.

Once we've developed our scouting to a level were they have proven track record of success, then they'd have enough clout to deny a managers desired signings.
Exactly this. ETH would have spoken to him. We wouldn't be going for him if ETH didn't want this to happen.

Jonesno.8

To be fair we don't actually know if ETH wants him. This could and looks like a case of new manager, old manager favourite potentially being sold by club that hasn't worked out for him. Add the two together and media frenzy.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I like him as a player but all seems a bit lazy tbh.

Fooza

Staying at Barcelona is his ideal scenario. There’s nothing wrong with that. If he stays then he’s just gonna be sat twiddling his thumbs unless there’s a drastic change in the clubs position, that isn’t something he wants.

The point you’re making is incredibly dumb and has been addressed numerous times, there’s nothing to suggest he hasn’t given a green light just because he didn’t mention it to bleeding Talksport.

I guess the point I'm making is there's sitting on the fence comments/interviews that players make all the time if there is a scenario where they know could leave - we can agree on that?

However, his comments to me looks like he's putting his eggs in the barca basket and is adamant on what he wants. In my opinion, saying he wants to stay at Barca and then up moving to UTD just looks like a dumb move

Some fans here just make things up in the hope that he ends up coming here, I highly doubt he will.

Von Mistelroum

So conflicted. I think he's a genuinely top class player who could be huge for us, but he clearly doesn't give a shit about coming here and is making that extremely clear.

TSop

Supports
Altrincham
City have better player on the bench every week, so wont be in for him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair we don't actually know if ETH wants him. This could and looks like a case of new manager, old manager favourite potentially being sold by club that hasn't worked out for him. Add the two together and media frenzy.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I like him as a player but all seems a bit lazy tbh.
Yeah right, let's pretend that so far only The Sun and The Mirror have reported that ten Hag wants him. I didn't think at this stage that there is someone wouldn't know if ETH wants him. :lol:

phelans shorts

I guess the point I'm making is there's sitting on the fence comments/interviews that players make all the time if there is a scenario where they know could leave - we can agree on that?

However, his comments to me looks like he's putting his eggs in the barca basket and is adamant on what he wants. In my opinion, saying he wants to stay at Barca and then up moving to UTD just looks like a dumb move

Some fans here just make things up in the hope that he ends up coming here, I highly doubt he will.
The funniest part is I don’t even care about signing him, I’m just browsing bored and sick of seeing the same dumb points over and over again that don’t stand up to the slightest scrutiny based entirely on what’s said in public, which is usually about 2% of the full story.

Status
Not open for further replies.