Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The fact he's not gone this week will pile the pressure on Barca. This is all in his hands for them to pay him what he's owed

Bondi77

Without reading all the bull that is associated with this whole saga there is one thing that puzzles me;
If or when Chelsea showed interest and suddenly this was his preferred destination if he left Barca then why if Erik has any form of good relationship with Frenkie would there not be a conversation and Frenkie or his agent verify this and then we would move on?
I see Gary Neville (becoming more annoying by the day) has said it will be embarrassing for the club if he goes to Chelsea and yet Utd got in early and agreed a deal with Barca for the top target of the new manager and that was really all they could do as the manager wants to hang it out to deadline day.
Feck knows what Neville and Scholes are going to do for a job if we start playing well again!

Laurencio

The fact he's not gone this week will pile the pressure on Barca. This is all in his hands for them to pay him what he's owed
Maybe Laporta missed half of a science class and thinks that if he just puts himself under enough pressure he'll shit diamonds and everything will be solved.

Without reading all the bull that is associated with this whole saga there is one thing that puzzles me;
If or when Chelsea showed interest and suddenly this was his preferred destination if he left Barca then why if Erik has any form of good relationship with Frenkie would there not be a conversation and Frenkie or his agent verify this and then we would move on?
I see Gary Neville (becoming more annoying by the day) has said it will be embarrassing for the club if he goes to Chelsea and yet Utd got in early and agreed a deal with Barca for the top target of the new manager and that was really all they could do as the manager wants to hang it out to deadline day.
Feck knows what Neville and Scholes are going to do for a job if we start playing well again!
Every single transfer we've had a negative reply on we've pulled out, not bid or stopped pursuing. This one has never waivered - of course Ten Hag has some assurances from Frenkie.

ShinjiNinja26

People who genuinely believe this is still going to happen are going to need 24hr supervision when he inevitably stays at Barcelona or worse ends up at Chelsea.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Both Neville & Scholes need to shut the feck up and now. They don’t even know what they’re talking about and are only adding to the negativity surrounding the club and the players. I understand they want the best for the club, but in reality they are becoming part of the problem. At least with Keane he keeps his remarks to what happens on the pitch and Rio does his best to keep a more balanced and better informed opinion.

Chief123

I’d very happily turn up to work knowing that they want me gone but have to pay me millions to get me to leave. I’d probably have a massive shit eating grin too just to rub it in.
Oh defo! I'd sit at my desk chilling sending messages to the mrs on Instagram knowing I'm earning more than all the turds sweating away in the office while I sit on garden leave till the end of my contract. I'll get the odd meeting here n there where I'm just needed for 5 minutes. If it means I have to put up with the receptionist giving me a bit of abuse everytime I come in and out, I can deal with that.

Teja

People who genuinely believe this is still going to happen are going to need 24hr supervision when he inevitably stays at Barcelona or worse ends up at Chelsea.
He's not staying at Barca. Frenkie is pretty pissed at them by all accounts and the relationship is done.

Likely he'll end up at Chelsea / less likely us.

Chris-Red

Both Neville & Scholes need to shut the feck up and now. They don’t even know what they’re talking about and are only adding to the negativity surrounding the club and the players. I understand they want the best for the club, but in reality they are becoming part of the problem. At least with Keane he keeps his remarks to what happens on the pitch and Rio does his best to keep a more balanced and better informed opinion.
To be honest, they can't really win either way. When they were saying nothing, people complained that they were in with United and afraid to tell it like it is. When they started speaking the truth people, to a degree, praised them. Now people are fed up listening to them complaining about the team. I mean, just look on here. This forum is full of people saying worse than them, so its a bit odd that people are fed up with Neville moaning when the majority on here, and some of the same people complaining about Neville, are worse.

Laurencio

He's not staying at Barca. Frenkie is pretty pissed at them by all accounts and the relationship is done.

Likely he'll end up at Chelsea / less likely us.
Ending up at Chelsea when they haven't even bid for him would be mighty impressive.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
To be honest, they can't really win either way. When they were saying nothing, people complained that they were in with United and afraid to tell it like it is. When they started speaking the truth people, to a degree, praised them. Now people are fed up listening to them complaining about the team. I mean, just look on here. This forum is full of people saying worse than them, so its a bit odd that people are fed up with Neville moaning when the majority on here, and some of the same people complaining about Neville, are worse.
The difference is though, what people write on the Caf doesn’t impact the morale within the club. We’re not public celebrities.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I think if Chelsea were going to get a go-ahead, over us, they'd have got it now.

The only people pushing Chelsea over us is:

Spanish media (They could be putting pressure on United)
Ben Jacobs (He apparently gets his information from Bohley, who could be being played)

As i've said many times before, I think it's a straight shoot out between United and Chelsea, IF he leaves Barca.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They will bid as soon as the recieve the go ahead from FDJ. Its been reported multiple times.
It's also been reported that Boehly has been in contact with de Jong personally and he gave very little enthusiasm to a possible move. If you believe the reports

Redcy

This was my original thought, I am now guessing that they re not speaking to fdj at all. More likely he is speaking to the agent, and as agents do he is doing the best for his client, probably telling united that he is still possibly interested in us if he leaves. We can assume we have not been told anything negative or else we would have moved on.

I doubt there is a decision either way because neither club has been able to discuss with frenkie what he wants.

we are still where we were all that time ago. We have a bid accepted, we want him, no one knows what Frenkie wants.

whether this is a good decision to wait for him we can never know, Chelsea will wait to see what happens with fdj over his wages, once they know it is resolved and he will move, and assuming they have assurances from his agent they will make an offer. United made an offer early assuming they would be in early and that any issues would get resolved quickly.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think if Chelsea were going to get a go-ahead, over us, they'd have got it now.

The only people pushing Chelsea over us is:

Spanish media (They could be putting pressure on United)
Ben Jacobs (He apparently gets his information from Bohley, who could be being played)

As i've said many times before, I think it's a straight shoot out between United and Chelsea, IF he leaves Barca.
The team that hasn’t bid vs the bid that was accepted weeks ago and not progressed for various reasons.

This whole transfer drama has to be the weirdest in history. In the end, I wouldn’t be surprised if he just stays put. He wouldn’t be pushing this hard to stay just to give in at the eleventh hour.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The team that hasn’t bid vs the bid that was accepted weeks ago and not progressed for various reasons.

This whole transfer drama has to be the weirdest in history. In the end, I wouldn’t be surprised if he just stays put. He wouldn’t be pushing this hard to stay just to give in at the eleventh hour.
He has every right to stay put on the contract that he's got now... but when Barca can't register players and their summer spending stops, the blame will be placed on him and he'll be made Barcas public enemy number 1.

Laurencio

jeepers

THIS TRANSFER IS FECKIN KILLING ME!!!!!

Sorry I just needed to get it out.

The only thing keeping me sane is the belief that ETH and Murtough aren’t fools and they are maintaining this FDJ or nothing stance because we are actually still in it.

I don’t know what I’ll do to myself if FDJ ends up staying at Barca or going to Chelsea and we end up with no additional midfield signings.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He has every right to stay put on the contract that he's got now... but when Barca can't register players and their summer spending stops, the blame will be placed on him and he'll be made Barcas public enemy number 1.
Yup for sure he is in for a rough ride if he decides to tough it out.

For a start aswell it’s inevitable he won’t start tomorrow but does he even make the squad? Could be frozen out all together.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yup for sure he is in for a rough ride if he decides to tough it out.

For a start aswell it’s inevitable he won’t start tomorrow but does he even make the squad? Could be frozen out all together.
That would be his first clue on how tough life might get for him, but i don't see them freezing him out completely

Status
Not open for further replies.