Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

Whatever happens in the end, I appreciate Laporta's balls. If he is able to register all players, wrestle back the League from Madrid's clutches, and eventually oversee the formation of a continental Superleague, it would be one hell of an accomplishment, particularly given the huge risks involved.

People can do a PhD thesis on how this Barca business operation panned out, if it pans out the way Laporta envisions (or even if it shatters miraculously).
Or a PhD thesis on how even the largest of football clubs can end up in bankruptcy when mismanaged, despite selling enough assets to save themselves.

Flexdegea

On what planet was the CL win last year a fluke? Certainly not planet Earth. We dominated at nearly every stage of the competition. Real Madrid this past season making a bunch of miraculous comebacks was infinitely more “flukey.”

If we make a couple more top quality signings (Fofana + a forward) we will absolutely be up there amongst the 5-6 favorites to win the CL.

I'm not one to back Chelsea. But they dominated that champions League that year. Nothing flukey about their win.

Weren't fancied in lot of their matches but got the tactics spot on

cyberman

I'm not one to back Chelsea. But they dominated that champions League that year. Nothing flukey about their win.

Weren't fancied in lot of their matches but got the tactics spot on
I agree. Stupidly comfortable throughout every knockout stage.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here?
Oh baby, baby, all summer we chased you so
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me how you prefer us to Chelsea
Tell me, baby, 'cause I need to know now, oh because

This transfer thread, is killing me (and I)
I must confess, I still believe, still believe.
When I hear "financial levers" I lose my mind
So give me a sign
Pick us Frenkie, or I'll cry
Much better. :D

stoinz

If they can push the league through, then all money pertaining to their TV rights are based on a deal that would have no value to lose. That’s why they decided against the lever with their merch rights attached. They are ONLY touching future earnings related to TV deal revenue.
How is this not fraud? Surely if this happens those that bought their TV rights can sue them?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's getting to the point now where Puqué must be paying barca to play

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Barcelona is basically the scene from Armageddon.

"Pull the lever"

"this is the lever"

Lever didn't work and chaos unfolds

Chief123

100% agreed. Good managers do not wash their laundry in public. ETH is uncannily similar to how Fergie handled his pressers.
Yes that’s one thing I’ve been impressed with about him. He seems to have the mental strength to deal with the pressure of the media. He’s going to need that resolute stance as the pressure will most likely be even more intense later in the season.

I’m wondering whether the World Cup break might be a blessing in disguise this season. If we are struggling first half season, it’ll give us a 1 month timeout and take us to just before the January window where we have the option to make signings because we cocked up in the summer.

House Mkhitaryan

Oh baby, baby, how was I supposed to know
That something wasn't right here?
Oh baby, baby, all summer we chased you so
And now you're out of sight, yeah
Show me how you prefer us to Chelsea
Tell me, baby, 'cause I need to know now, oh because

This transfer thread, is killing me (and I)
I must confess, I still believe, still believe.
When I hear "financial levers" I lose my mind
So give me a sign
Pick us Frenkie, or I'll cry
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dove

How many more levers will they need... Feels like they have sold like 150% of their TV rights already, do they even have anything left to sell?

Hughes35

Chelsea haven't won the league in 5 years, 6 when they don't this year. They fluked the CL 2 seasons ago but I doubt they will go far this year and won't win the PL, so what do they really have to offer that United don't?
You're really asking what Chelsea have offered the last 5 years that we haven't?? We've been a joke.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea is more attractive now for sure, will they be in 12 months i am not so sure.

Where on gods green earth are they getting all this cash from?

they have spent circa £180 mill so far and are thinking of spending another £140/160 on FdJ and Fofana all i'd ask for is how and how will they pass FFP unless they are spending now and wont for 2 windows or so, i just cant see how the numbers work for them spending £290 mill net as it stands if they FdJ and Fofana too
How much you spend in “fees” in a window is irrelevant. We have offloaded and offset a lot of deadweight in salary, and are working on more, but the real key is that FPP is a three year average, and if you structure the money as a loan to yourself you can manipulate how it appears on the books however you want. If you have to borrow the money from someone else this changes. But our owners ARE the bank. They are contemporaries of the group buying Barcas rights. If Roman tried to expand Stamford bridge he would have had to setup a holding company to borrow the money from a major bank. He was worth billions, but he didn’t just have all that money at his disposal.

When Clearlake started their Stamford Bridge program last month they “borrowed” money from themselves, purely for accounting and tax reasons associated with capital asset investment. They had the straight cash right on hand.

This gives them the ability to do things even other super rich owners cannot. They won’t see it in terms of windows, they will look at it as value versus future markets and options. If you think inflation and scarcity of talent is only going to drive up the cost, then spend more now, and save money by doing so. 160 combined for Fofana and De Jong could seem like a steal by this time next year.You guys see it as a a ton of money spent, Boehly and Clearlake could see it as an opportunity.

“Billionaire” owners like the Glazers can’t do this the same way. Even Roman couldn’t do this with the same freedom, because while they may be worth that much, most of it is tied up in assets. They may have very little available funds, especially coming out of Covid.

The only real equivalent is the state funded teams. They can form businesses just to give their team added resources.

TsuWave

Global warming got Manny as hot as Barcelona, and bossman in Winslow road can cook up a mean paella. He won’t even noticed he relocated if he came now.

Chief123

Leaver-n let die
Is Pique going to bring another briefcase? It is absolutely mental what is going on at Barca. It’s like watching some kind of drug mafia movie where they need to pay the kingpin within 20 days or they get put in a body bag. It’s so bizarre!

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Have a feeling we will end up with FDJ next summer. Looks like he is stubborn enough to stay there on full wages for the short term and by next summer we have managed to end up qualifying for the CL.

We are in a better position to attract players a mnd FDJ has been made a real outcast by then.

I would be stunned at this stage us getting him, after being full on the muppet train earlier in the summer, I have had to get off at the latest stop.

Good luck on the rest of the journey muppets.

Bosws87

Have a feeling we will end up with FDJ next summer. Looks like he is stubborn enough to stay there on full wages for the short term and by next summer we have managed to end up qualifying for the CL.

We are in a better position to attract players a mnd FDJ has been made a real outcast by then.

I would be stunned at this stage us getting him, after being full on the muppet train earlier in the summer, I have had to get off at the latest stop.

Thinking we will qualify for the champions league next season :lol:

alexanderplatz

Imagine all those levers pulled and they still can’t register some signings. If this goes badly on the pitch they are going to be in a lot of trouble. Kind of desirable given the levels of irresponsibility being displayed

stoinz

The fifth lever is getting every player to buy a piece of the club's furniture at exorbitant price. Auto deducted from the salary.

Plant0x84

A little bit of Mikky in my life
A little bit of Erik by my side
A little bit of Ronnie is all I need
A little bit of Fred is what I see
A little bit of Linda’ in the sun
A little bit of Harry all night long
A little bit of Jesse gone, here I am
A little bit of dough makes me your man
Lever Number Five!

Plant0x84

I think if he stays this summer Barca work it out and he stays fullstop. This is our moment.

ChippyTea

Anyone watch Tuchel's presser? I have only seen written snippets, he mentions another CB when asked about Fofana, and answers questions on adding depth to his squad when asked about another striker. Absolutely nothing to suggest they're about to bring in what would be their second most expensive signing ever for a position they don't really need to fill.

dinostar77

I think if he stays this summer Barca work it out and he stays fullstop. This is our moment.
Yep, busquetes is leaving next summer for mls. So the slot at the base of midfield will be available for frenkie and hes the best in that position in the world...

joedirt87

If you search Juan Roberto

"Panic mode at #MUFC
Twitter · 16 mins ago"

which appears to have been deleted. Roberto was suppose to be the chosen one.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It's absolutely bizarre what is happening at Barca. Imagine the reaction if we took out FOUR pay day loans in a single summer, each one purchased against part of the club and it still wasn't enough to register new sigings.

I would imagine that (after the rioting and demanding the owners leave immediately) most of us would be disgusted at the idea of signing even more players. It's insane

Status
Not open for further replies.