Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's absolutely bizarre what is happening at Barca. Imagine the reaction if we took out FOUR pay day loans in a single summer, each one purchased against part of the club and it still wasn't enough to register new sigings.

I would imagine that (after the rioting and demanding the owners leave immediately) most of us would be disgusted at the idea of signing even more players. It's insane
If we were signing the calibre of player that Barca are then the muppets would be ripping their todgers off.

Brophs

The One and Only
I presume it’s a good sign if a club of that size has as one of its main creditors its centre half.

redshaw

Chelsea is more attractive now for sure, will they be in 12 months i am not so sure.

Where on gods green earth are they getting all this cash from?

they have spent circa £180 mill so far and are thinking of spending another £140/160 on FdJ and Fofana all i'd ask for is how and how will they pass FFP unless they are spending now and wont for 2 windows or so, i just cant see how the numbers work for them spending £290 mill net as it stands if they FdJ and Fofana too
I think they'll remain attractive, they've landed on their feet with Todd Boehly and have a good coach in Tuchel. Certainly during the Russia situation things tailed off. I did think they might unravel a bit at least in the league for this coming season but they've added players and not messed around getting a new wing back in for Tuchel's team to carry on in place of Chilwell. Todd Boehly will be carrying on the Chelsea project and creating a super club in West London over the coming years I fear.

United really need to sort themselves out as Spurs Chelsea and even Arsenal have added good players.

city-puma

Is Pique going to bring another briefcase? It is absolutely mental what is going on at Barca. It’s like watching some kind of drug mafia movie where they need to pay the kingpin within 20 days or they get put in a body bag. It’s so bizarre!
Pique needs to play with zero salary and pay Barca the annual playing membership.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
"Ladies and Gentleman, this is lever Number Five"

Just like Harry discovered he was the final horcrux, Frenkie is realizing he is the final lever.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If we were signing the calibre of player that Barca are then the muppets would be ripping their todgers off.
Hmm, possibly. But with such an obvious, public risk to the clubs future, I think we'd be more wary to be honest.

GinobiliTheGOAT

It's absolutely bizarre what is happening at Barca. Imagine the reaction if we took out FOUR pay day loans in a single summer, each one purchased against part of the club and it still wasn't enough to register new sigings.

I would imagine that (after the rioting and demanding the owners leave immediately) most of us would be disgusted at the idea of signing even more players. It's insane
They’ll be able to sign everyone now

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I presume it’s a good sign if a club of that size has as one of its main creditors its centre half.
of course. that’s the first thing i learnt in enron business school.

Rolaholic

He knows football and I bet Tuchel feels similarly but the new owner seems to want a sexy signing

GinobiliTheGOAT

EVERYONE?
All 7 players can be registered for tomorrow’s opener with the help of the lever, that has been activated, and Pique’s contract adjustment. @CatalunyaRadio

But there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be done and technically they have until Sept 1, but they have the funds to sign everyone now.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
How is this not fraud? Surely if this happens those that bought their TV rights can sue them?
They could try to sue, possibly on the grounds that Barcelona withheld information pertinent to the sale.

BUT, technically Barcelona has never renounced their Superleague plan. So Sixth Street has to be betting the Super league won’t succeed, OR that La Ligas contract is so bad they are obligated to pay out no matter the conditions.

It will take a few years of denial at least before the SuperLeague destroys current leagues as we know them. It is touted as a replacement of Champions league, but it is a thinly veiled attempt to franchise and insulate the top teams in Europe into one franchised league with guaranteed inclusion. This would give them MASSIVE negotiating power, and I’d a very American style model.

Ironically, for all those that seem to hate Roman Abramovich, they have him to thank for saving European football. If Boehly owned Chelsea they not only wouldn’t have pulled out, he would have figured out a way to ensure it happened. I’ve been pretty wary of reports coming from people like Jacobs that despite fan sentiment, Boehly and Barcelona have actually been forming a pretty good relationship behind the scenes. He also knows and has close contacts with the 6th street people keeping Barca afloat.

Makes me nervous.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
All 7 players can be registered for tomorrow’s opener with the help of the lever, that has been activated, and Pique’s contract adjustment. @CatalunyaRadio

But there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be done and technically they have until Sept 1, but they have the funds to sign everyone now.
Yeah... They said that after the 2nd and 3rd 'lever' too

Gandalf

They could try to sue, possibly on the grounds that Barcelona withheld information pertinent to the sale.

BUT, technically Barcelona has never renounced their Superleague plan. So Sixth Street has to be betting the Super league won’t succeed, OR that La Ligas contract is so bad they are obligated to pay out no matter the conditions.

It will take a few years of denial at least before the SuperLeague destroys current leagues as we know them. It is touted as a replacement of Champions league, but it is a thinly veiled attempt to franchise and insulate the top teams in Europe into one franchised league with guaranteed inclusion. This would give them MASSIVE negotiating power, and I’d a very American style model.

Ironically, for all those that seem to hate Roman Abramovich, they have him to thank for saving European football. If Boehly owned Chelsea they not only wouldn’t have pulled out, he would have figured out a way to ensure it happened. I’ve been pretty wary of reports coming from people like Jacobs that despite fan sentiment, Boehly and Barcelona have actually been forming a pretty good relationship behind the scenes. He also knows and has close contacts with the 6th street people keeping Barca afloat.

Makes me nervous.
A touch hyperbolic. Other clubs had American owners at the time who were well on board, United being right at the front of the charge. I am fairly sure fan sentiment stopped it, not Saint Roman.

Status
Not open for further replies.