Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Fofana being imminent very well could be related.But I never got the impression this was an either/or situation.

I think we are where we have been all along: We let them know what we could offer, and if/when he gives in and decides to leave we will be there.

The deferred wages are NOT the issue. He genuinely refuses to leave.

That is Barca’s issue. When it gets sorted, all this talk about work with agents and stuff is pointless. It s hypothetical til it happens, and it only takes about 20 seconds to say “we will match that” or “we will beat that by x amount”.

I don’t think De Jong agrees to leave until it gets to the point Xavi and Laporte turn on him publicly, and specifically says he’s not wanted at Barcelona. That hasn’t happened yet. They are still saying how much they value him.with a tiny bit of hedging. De Jong is gonna play dumb until they publicly say “get OUT”. This is a PR war now.
I really doubt this is the case because there were multiple reports of FDJ / Agent being very unhappy with Barca to the point that they were ready to file a complaint with FifPro.

I think the wages are the sticking point and he will leave Barca one way or the other. (either Barca or one of United / Chelsea cover most)

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I really doubt this is the case because there were multiple reports of FDJ / Agent being very unhappy with Barca to the point that they were ready to file a complaint with FifPro.

I think the wages are the sticking point and he will leave Barca one way or the other. (either Barca or one of United / Chelsea cover most)
Nice story, bro. Except Chelsea was ready to pay wages and FDJ still doesn't want to move, even to London (supposedly living in Manchester was too uncool for his girl-friend, but can't see how London is not cool enough for missus).

Something is seriously wrong with that kid. And it is our fault for hanging the future of our club on some petulant child. Why didn't we have proper options B, C, and D? Who runs transfer window like this? Disgusting.

Traub

I actually feel sorry for de Jong. Literally been painted a villain has done nothing wrong - in fact he tried to help by deferring his wages.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Nice story, bro. Except Chelsea was ready to pay wages and FDJ still doesn't want to move, even to London (supposedly living in Manchester was too uncool for his girl-friend, but can't see how London is not cool enough for missus).

Something is seriously wrong with that kid. And it is our fault for hanging the future of our club on some petulant child. Why didn't we have proper options B, C, and D? Who runs transfer window like this? Disgusting.
Ooh, get her! Bet you’re fun at parties! :wenger:

Gandalf

That is conjecture only. Nobody linked to Chelsea has said anything of the sort, in fact outside of one Chelsea source and some Barca muppets Chelsea have never indicated they are even interested and that source has been conspicuously silent for a few days now.

Teja

Don't really care about the general transfer rant but I'd suggest the explanation that needs the fewest assumptions is often the right one.

(a) People running United are insane for sticking with the transfer this long, FDJ is an idiot for staying there despite clear attempts to move him on in some hope that he'll play himself back into the team and neither party can see the light despite constant media attention pointing out the flaws in this setup.

(b) He's not getting paid

I really doubt Chelsea will just be okay handing him 17m on top of the 80m they need to give to Barca. Both United and Chelsea were ready to cover part of his deferred wages but not all of it.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Just for the muppets that only read this thread. The Fofana deal looks like it is getting close and the Chelsea pursuit of de Jong has cooled. Related?

Not related, 2 CB were joining regardless. But i think the sane ones amongst us realise FDJ just isnt leaving.

NoLegendary

Paredes is three times the player Rabiot is…United is run by the same jokers as in the past, only difference is they have other dogtags on them. Why not go for Paredes?

Judas

Open to offers
Paredes is three times the player Rabiot is…United is run by the same jokers as in the past, only difference is they have other dogtags on them. Why not go for Paredes?
It's what our manager wants, we're doing what we always do and letting the manager call the shots, only stepping in occasionally if its an obvious bad fit, there's backlash or we get rejected. Our structure is still very puzzling.

NoLegendary

It's what our manager wants, we're doing what we always do and letting the manager call the shots, only stepping in occasionally if its an obvious bad fit, there's backlash or we get rejected. Our structure is still very puzzling.
I very much doubt if any sane person would go for Rabiot over Paredes let alone a “highly rated” manager. If that is indeed the case with Our manager, then I will go cry now

AdNani

Not related, 2 CB were joining regardless. But i think the sane ones amongst us realise FDJ just isnt leaving.
surely it's gone too far for him not
to leave? there's loving barcelona and then there's being a doormat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Paredes isn't even half of what Rabiot is. PSG's midfield has been shoddy since 2019 and Paredes has failed to gain a starting role mainly because he is shoddy.

joedirt87

Juan Roberto has gone from negative news tweet delete to positive news tweet delete:

"Frenkie De Jong is very very close to joining #MUFC"

Twitter 15 Minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.